Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

1 minute ago, Golden Eyes said:

She does now and probably Tyrion now. The preistesses were all calling for Danerys in Mereen and Cersi burning the spet was showing how Dany will rule when she gets there. Kings landing as it is is already falling apart. Remember Daneyrs's scene in the undying house when she sees parts of Kings landing burnt.? That was the throne room and Danerys does that part because she is going to burn it all down and start new as the one true Queen of Westeros.

I think that's a pretty big assumption, there's no reason to think the follows the red god.

2 minutes ago, Golden Eyes said:

She does now and probably Tyrion now. The preistesses were all calling for Danerys in Mereen and Cersi burning the spet was showing how Dany will rule when she gets there. Kings landing as it is is already falling apart. Remember Daneyrs's scene in the undying house when she sees parts of Kings landing burnt.? That was the throne room and Danerys does that part because she is going to burn it all down and start new as the one true Queen of Westeros.

All speculation.

Again, the Red Priests follow Dany, not the other way around. Tyrion does not follow the Red God or any other religion either really. The whole bit about that was to raise support for Dany, and help uphold the peace in the city.

There are many ways the Red Keep could burn, and with the way it is looking Cersie may be the cause of this city burning, leaving Dany to come rule a ghost city. Why would Dany want to burn down the throne room? She is looking to take back what is rightfully hers, not destroy it.

5 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

In the The World Book it is explicitly stated the Reach is the most populated

I just looked it up, this is what it says:

The largest and most populous of the six southern kingdoms (The North, vast in expanse and thinly peopled, being a land apart)... 

10 minutes ago, Lost Time said:

The Tyrell force alone could wreck the Lannisters and Freys. So 3 dragons + Dorne + Dothraki horde + portion of Ironborn is pure overkill. Hopefully something happens along the way to make the fight more balanced. Like maybe Randall Tarly defects from the Tyrells or Euron matches up with Cersei. Or Dany loses like half of her fleet in a storm or whatever.

Knowing how much GRRM pulls from British History, and knowing what happened to the Spanish Armada, I think that a storm is imminent.

8 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

I just looked it up, this is what it says:

The largest and most populous of the six southern kingdoms (The North, vast in expanse and thinly peopled, being a land apart)... 

The size doesn't make up for the fertility the Reach has or the harsher environment of the North. You can also look at how the Reach can field almost 100k men compared to the North's 45k or so and come to the conclusion the Reach has more people. 

2 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

The size doesn't make up for the fertility the Reach has or the harsher environment of the North. You can also look at how the Reach can field almost 100k men compared to the North's 45k or so and come to the conclusion the Reach has more people. 

I agree, that's why I shared the bit about "thinly peopled." There's someone else here who said the North has the highest population, let me ask him where it says that in the books, maybe we're missing something.

57 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Should I get the page of the book when it explicitely says that?

Can you actually get that page number please? Now I'm reading conflicting things about where the largest populations are and I want to look it up. Thanks in advance.

Randyll Tarly will become Warden of the Reach by Cersei's command and execute Ollenna for treason.

The Citadel will kill the dragons.

The Unsullied will flee from battle because they have no balls.

Half of the Dothraki will die from scorbut and sea nausea. The rest will drown in the sea when Euron attacks the ships.

The Dornish army will be pwned by Sir Gregor Clegane alone.

Yara/Theon will lose the naval battle against The Arbor's Fleet (House Redwyne from the Reach)

LONG MAY SHE REIGN

I think the show will shorten some numbers. I really don't believe they will show 100000 Dothraki, certainly some remained in Westeros, what's the point of leaving the Great Grass Sea, unpopulated? Plus a small portion may have died in the battle of Meereen. 

Plus the numbers of the Reach and the Dornish army will certainly be diminuished to around 15000 max to each region. 

I also believe the former slaves stayed in Meereen (Dragons Bay) with the Second Sons. 

Of course than in the other side the Lannister troops are greatly reduced, will only be around 10000 max because they suffered more than the Reach army in the War of the 5 Kings. But lets not forget Euron that I believe will be an important player specially on the show and may engage on a Naval battle with Dany's army therefore reducing their numbers. Still it will be more than enough for Dany to beat the Lannister army, even it that wasn't enough she has 3 dragons, however as Davos said the real war is between the living and the dead and there such a large army may even be a liability and not an asset. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Randyll Tarly will become Warden of the Reach by Cersei's command and execute Ollenna for treason.

The Citadel will kill the dragons.

The Unsullied will flee from battle because they have no balls.

Half of the Dothraki will die from scorbut and sea nausea. The rest will drown in the sea when Euron attacks the ships.

The Dornish army will be pwned by Sir Gregor Clegane alone.

Yara/Theon will lose the naval battle against The Arbor's Fleet (House Redwyne from the Reach)

LONG MAY SHE REIGN

And what would be their reason for doing that?!

15 minutes ago, 2 Stags Short of a Dragon said:

Knowing how much GRRM pulls from British History, and knowing what happened to the Spanish Armada, I think that a storm is imminent.

And that storm's name is Euron.

Dany is due for a setback or two. Euron will intercept her at sea and you can bet a lot of dothraki will drown (especially when you consider how much that has been foreshadowed ).

Sure, the dragons will rain fire down on Euron's ships, but that will take time and Euron can do a lot of damage in that time. Somehow Theon will save the day, but not before significant damage is done.

After Dany takes the iron throne, afternlosing men in that battle, I imagine a lot will suffer from the cold and die too.

Then there is the WW/Others. By the time its all said and done she might not have much left.

3 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

It was the Citadel/Maesters that killed the dragons the first time. I don't think they are happy with 3 dragons coming to westeros.

Incorrect.

Archmaester Marwyn said that the Citadel was trying to suppress magic, and wrote that the Citadel and Maesters responsible for the destruction of the dragons, but that is not likely the case. Most died out during The Dance of Dragons. There is nothing anywhere that says the Citadel was actually responsible. They are an order of higher learning, and would more likely be interested in studying, not killing.

14 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

Incorrect.

Archmaester Marwyn said that the Citadel was trying to suppress magic, and wrote that the Citadel and Maesters responsible for the destruction of the dragons, but that is not likely the case. Most died out during The Dance of Dragons. There is nothing anywhere that says the Citadel was actually responsible. They are an order of higher learning, and would more likely be interested in studying, not killing.

Dragons are magic.

9 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Dragons are magic.

Of course they are. That wasn't the point I was trying to make. You are taking the word of ONE person, saying that an entire organization, devoted to higher learning, was out there killing dragons. Dragons are already notoriously hard to kill. Marwyn was a fraud when it came to that. 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Marwyn

1 minute ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

Of course they are. That wasn't the point I was trying to make. You are taking the word of ONE person, saying that an entire organization, devoted to higher learning, was out there killing dragons. Dragons are already notoriously hard to kill. Marwyn was a fraud when it came to that. 

Hard to kill conventionally but if you have a knowledge of poisons like the Citadel does then it becomes a bit easier. 

1 minute ago, Boarsbane said:

Hard to kill conventionally but if you have a knowledge of poisons like the Citadel does then it becomes a bit easier. 

How do you poison a dragon without having the knowledge of them to know what would work to poison them, without studying them first?

I'd love to see anyone get close enough to one of the last, often distraught dragons, to attempt to poison one.

2 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

How do you poison a dragon without having the knowledge of them to know what would work to poison them, without studying them first?

I'd love to see anyone get close enough to one of the last, often distraught dragons, to attempt to poison one.

We have no idea how much the Maesters know, dragons didn't suddenly come into existence when Aegon invaded so they could well have gathered knowledge on them before the Targaryens, I'd be shocked if they hadn't. These are extremely intelligent men after all. And dragons have to eat, I'm not suggesting a maester walked up to a dragon and tried to force the poison down its throat.

2 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

We have no idea how much the Maesters know, dragons didn't suddenly come into existence when Aegon invaded so they could well have gathered knowledge on them before the Targaryens, I'd be shocked if they hadn't. These are extremely intelligent men after all. And dragons have to eat, I'm not suggesting a maester walked up to a dragon and tried to force the poison down its throat.

Is there any passage in the books that specifically said the Citadel killed the dragons? I don't remember that at all in ASOIAF or in the World of Ice and Fire book.

Archived