*SPOILERS* Jony's messenger

More likely to give Arya an update on events in the North - and especially where to find Jon and Sansa. Any information she got from the South is likely to be somewhat out of date.

Mel might also encounter and inform the Brotherhood about Northern recent events as well. And/or Brienne and Pod.

Dany is, presumably landing somewhere in the South and sweeping North and West across Westeros. On her Northern sweep, she's currently not planning to stop until she reaches the Wall, or at least the Gift.

Jon and Daenerys and their proxies will encounter each other. It is inevitable. They'll probably meet through proxies first. Littlefinger might well try to get them to fight one another.

18 hours ago, Emerson Luiz Godinho said:

It ocurred to me that Jon decision for not sparing neither executing Melisandre, instead banning her would serve to the plot purpose (at least in the show) of mending Jon's and Dany's storylines.. what u guys think of that?

I am absolutely sure that she will do a JUST-IN-TIME (GoT trademark) appearence to save Jon snow. (Since he always needs someone to save him..poor boy. Even little kids like Olly and Lady Mormont must save him)

They bring in people just to kill them or save someone. They sbanish people to the fridge until they are needed again.

I wouldn't be suprised if she met up with Dany and co and started proclaiming her as AA/PtwP/etc, they never showed the priestess from Meereen coming along so this is a possible step. Either way she is bound to do something along the line, characters don't live for no reason on this show lol

On 6/27/2016 at 9:04 AM, Emerson Luiz Godinho said:

It ocurred to me that Jon decision for not sparing neither executing Melisandre, instead banning her would serve to the plot purpose (at least in the show) of mending Jon's and Dany's storylines.. what u guys think of that?

You may be onto something.. I have a feeling dany won't like mel at all, she might just have her torched.

I also think mel will run into arya again, so maybe arya will meet dany too. 

45 minutes ago, brightflame princess said:

You may be onto something.. I have a feeling dany won't like mel at all, she might just have her torched.

I also think mel will run into arya again, so maybe arya will meet dany too. 

I believed from the very start that Jon's banishment of Mel was very strategic. She will be able to spread the word about everything in the same way Tyrion is using the red priests in Essos, the WWs invasion, Jon Snow resurrection & tPtwP, etc. I got the feeling that Jon thought she was completely in the wrong in this situation no question he would execute her, he's proven that before. If we ever got some Shireen w/Jon at the Wall scenes, I think he would be more inline with Davos but that relationship between Jon and Shireen was never established. Plus Jon knows the likelyhood of the WWs pushing them to retreat Southward so he can conveniently meet up with Mel again and have her prove her worth in the War of the Undead. 

Both Jon & Davos know that Mel has gifts and you really can't kill her even if she was 100% guilty of murder (which she was not since she was following orders I believe). I mean would you kill a red priest that has proven time and again that she actually can perform miracles/magic and you have the Others/WW's on the way? Heck, I thought it was pretty ballsy for Jon to even banish her. I thought he'd lock her up in the rooms at Winterfell until she is needed. You just lost like 1000s of good fighting men in an already outnumbered army against the Undead and you banish the only magic user in your camp?

I saw the reluctance in Jon's eyes when he served out his punishment to her, I think he made a good, decisive course of action that would appease Davos but also spares Mel. He knows they will need a miracle maker to go up against the Nights King. Deep down inside, Davos knows it too and this banishment decision may prove to be a fatal one for the North.

Personally, I think Mel is a complete fraud and (aside from the shadow baby) her successes have been an act of coincidences, almost like how we see superstitions. Like she says to Davos after Blackwater, "If I was there I could have stopped the wildfire and we would have one" Bull crap and she knows it. It will be the same thing when Jon retreats Southward, "If I were there I could have stopped the WWs". I think it's time for these red priests to show what they can do against the real magic of the WWs. J + M = Shadow Babies!

37 minutes ago, tmug said:

I believed from the very start that Jon's banishment of Mel was very strategic. She will be able to spread the word about everything in the same way Tyrion is using the red priests in Essos, the WWs invasion, Jon Snow resurrection & tPtwP, etc. I got the feeling that Jon thought she was completely in the wrong in this situation no question he would execute her, he's proven that before. If we ever got some Shireen w/Jon at the Wall scenes, I think he would be more inline with Davos but that relationship between Jon and Shireen was never established. Plus Jon knows the likelyhood of the WWs pushing them to retreat Southward so he can conveniently meet up with Mel again and have her prove her worth in the War of the Undead. 

Both Jon & Davos know that Mel has gifts and you really can't kill her even if she was 100% guilty of murder (which she was not since she was following orders I believe). I mean would you kill a red priest that has proven time and again that she actually can perform miracles/magic and you have the Others/WW's on the way? Heck, I thought it was pretty ballsy for Jon to even banish her. I thought he'd lock her up in the rooms at Winterfell until she is needed. You just lost like 1000s of good fighting men in an already outnumbered army against the Undead and you banish the only magic user in your camp?

I saw the reluctance in Jon's eyes when he served out his punishment to her, I think he made a good, decisive course of action that would appease Davos but also spares Mel. He knows they will need a miracle maker to go up against the Nights King. Deep down inside, Davos knows it too and this banishment decision may prove to be a fatal one for the North.

Personally, I think Mel is a complete fraud and (aside from the shadow baby) her successes have been an act of coincidences, almost like how we see superstitions. Like she says to Davos after Blackwater, "If I was there I could have stopped the wildfire and we would have one" Bull crap and she knows it. It will be the same thing when Jon retreats Southward, "If I were there I could have stopped the WWs". I think it's time for these red priests to show what they can do against the real magic of the WWs. J + M = Shadow Babies!

I don't think Jon or Davos think that much. Jon is a good man he of course never accept burning children alive. He simply just couldn't kill Mel because she saved his life. So a life for a life. He told her to go so he wouldn't have to kill her but he clearly couldn't accept her action. 

I agree Jon didn't kill her cause she saved him, but this doesn't change the fact he cannot accept she killed an innocent child.

The only plot reason I predicted Jon was going to ban Melisandre instead of killing her was that Mel told Arya "We will meet again". So it was logic having her moving South. 

I was wondering why Mel didn't explicitly say that she was wrong only about who Shireen's death would benefit (since she misread the signs as to who is the prince) and that her death was what allowed Jon to be resurrected.  Emo Jon Snow would have felt responsible for her death if he thought of it that way and would be more likely to take it easy on Mel.  

Archived