Lyanna casting appreciation

7 hours ago, Newstar said:

I thought the casting was perfect. She looks like Kit, she looks like Maisie, she did a great job as Lyanna, and she's very pretty.

For the record, Lyanna is supposed to be beautiful ("everyone says so"), but she wasn't the prettiest at the Harrenhal tourney ("there were others who were fairer still," Kevan doesn't think Lyanna held a candle to Cersei at the time, etc.). Aisling Franciosi, for my money, is sufficiently beautiful to play Lyanna. Aren't fans always complaining that Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, etc. supposedly aren't pretty enough to play their canonically beautiful characters?

Arya says that and Arya has never left Winterfell

she is not horse-faced, this is a bit disappointing. (of course arya is not either).

by the way, where are those beautiful dark rose petals in her hands, bed and room? the symbol of rhaegar's love in her? 

this actress is pretty, but for me, she is not pretty enough to be helen of westeros, and it is quite hard for me to buy she is only 16 years old. 

10 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

she is not horse-faced, this is a bit disappointing. (of course arya is not either).

by the way, where are those beautiful dark rose petals in her hands, bed and room? the symbol of rhaegar's love in her? 

this actress is pretty, but for me, she is not pretty enough to be helen of westeros, and it is quite hard for me to buy she is only 16 years old. 

Well the show never said Lyanna was 16 years old when she died. You should add like 5 more years to each character. Jon Snow in the book was 14-18, but in the show he looks 25-30 lol

2 minutes ago, Chib said:

Well the show never said Lyanna was 16 years old when she died. You should add like 5 more years to each character. Jon Snow in the book was 14-18, but in the show he looks 25-30 lol

actually i think show only postponed the timeline by two years or so, for example, dany was set as 16 in season one. 

do you think this lyanna stark looks like 18 years old? 

jon snow actually looks like a young guy in his early twenties for me. 

Just now, purple-eyes said:

actually i think show only postponed the timeline by two years or so, for example, dany was set as 16 in season one. 

do you think this lyanna stark looks like 18 years old? 

jon snow actually looks like a young guy in his early twenties for me. 

To be honest, most game of throne actors look old to me. 

19 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

No where is said that Lyanna is "horse faced". Arya looking a bit like her doesn't make Lyanna her older twin.

Just now, Chib said:

To be honest, most game of throne actors look old to me. 

i do not blame you. :)

most actors are indeed much older than the age of character. for example, margaery is 16 something, but natalie dormer is 34. 

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

i do not blame you. :)

most actors are indeed much older than the age of character. for example, margaery is 16 something, but natalie dormer is 34. 

her bed scene with Tommen made me "ew.... "

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

No where is said that Lyanna is "horse faced". Arya looking a bit like her doesn't make Lyanna her older twin.

ummmm, arya looks like her and arya is horsefaced. jon is her son and he had a long face (was rhaegar horse-faced? i do not think so). ned has a long face too. rickard stark had a long face as well. long-face is somehow a feature of house stark (of course tully genes worked on some of them) 

i would say lyanna is quite likely to have a long face. 

another thing is that, i have to say this lyanna stark does not look very wolf-blooded. this lyanna looks more like a small, slender, gentle and mature lady, not a wild, strong and fiery teenager. 

i would rather believe she is Elia than lyanna. 

3 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

I can only imagine the casting call for Rhaegar. Most beautiful man in Westeros, skilled musician, excellent jouster, good with a sword, well read, able to reflect soulful melancholy, etc. No wonder he didn't make an appearance.

LOL. I agree! He's supposed to be the Westerosi epitome of a perfect man......

Maybe we'll be better off if we don't see him, because not everyone will be happy with the actor/the portrayal etc....

3 minutes ago, Nami said:

Honestly she looks young enough as it is, you want younger? Jeez, that would be disturbing

she looks about 30 to me. (i know actress is 23, but she looks quite old in the show)

but i do feel she is a very good option fo lyanna stark. this can surely make those people who insisted lyanna is an unworldly legendary beauty shut up. 

lyanna is just a regular pretty northern woman, she is not at the same level as cersei and ashara. 

2 minutes ago, Queen of Winter said:

LOL. I agree! He's supposed to be the Westerosi epitome of a perfect man......

Maybe we'll be better off if we don't see him, because not everyone will be happy with the actor/the portrayal etc....

but i feel that we will see rhaegar in next season.....

it is ok, i think actor of viserys is good enough to be rhaegar as well. 

Not getting weird here with the r+l=d angle, but the "him" could be baby or child and not a boy, yes i know they showed jon in WF right after (it's 99% confirmed)... and the actress resembles at least to me, emilia clarke more than any other in the show... just saying

http://breinguash.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/La-mamá-de-snow.jpg

paint emilias hair black and tell her to make the same facial expressions and voilá

I expected her to be a lot prettier too. 

No idea what qualifies as "pretty", but yeh someone above already said it - I didn't get the Helen of Westeros vibe from her, or really, any vibe consistent with the Lyanna that Robert described in season 1. 

That's not to say the actress did a great job, or that she wasn't pretty in her own right, it just wasn't the sort of beauty I was expecting given Lyanna's beauty was something that was so fondly talked about, AND her beauty literally started a war. 

8 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

another thing is that, i have to say this lyanna stark does not look very wolf-blooded. this lyanna looks more like a small, slender, gentle and mature lady, not a wild, strong and fiery teenager. 

i would rather believe she is Elia than lyanna. 

Well considering we didn't see her at her best, she was basically weak and dying and could barely whisper. Its kind of hard to be wild and fiery when you are bleeding out and are desperate to protect your newborn child.

Same for the beauty

23 minutes ago, Masha said:

Well considering we didn't see her at her best, she was basically weak and dying and could barely whisper. Its kind of hard to be wild and fiery when you are bleeding out and are desperate to protect your newborn child.

Same for the beauty

Maybe then they should have shown a flashback not of the pointless tween Lyanna, but of this Lyanna acting beautiful and wild and fiery, prior to her the TOJ death scene, in which she did not appear beautiful at all even considering she was supposed to be dying.

Archived