Lyanna casting appreciation

On 7/1/2016 at 2:59 PM, Red Dragon10 said:

when only Benjen really suits my mental picture of a Stark.  

This is my biggest issue with the casting (and the Stark casting in general). The books beat the readers over the head with the "Stark look" - long face and grey eyes - and the only guy they cast that actually has that look is Benjen

On July 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Wall Flower said:

Women really don't look wild and strong when they're bleeding out after many hours of childbirth and close to death! Unlike Hollywood, I guess the Weirwood Net just doesn't have good photoshop capabilities.

weirwood net does not photoshop but GOT showrinners have Photoshop. i bet this is after PS already. 

Anyway, being pale, bleeding, being exhausted or injured or dying, will not change a person's beauty that much. 

When reading other's descriptions of Lyanna in the book, I pictured someone with features more like Susan Lynch or maybe Andie MacDowell, but I don't use my ideas as some standard to choose actors.  You go with the best that's available, and that's rarely, rarely a book match.  It's better to get someone with the right presence (charisma, talent) than looks. 

• 1 month later...
On 28. Juni 2016 at 0:58 PM, purple-eyes said:

she is not horse-faced, this is a bit disappointing. (of course arya is not either).

by the way, where are those beautiful dark rose petals in her hands, bed and room? the symbol of rhaegar's love in her? 

this actress is pretty, but for me, she is not pretty enough to be helen of westeros, and it is quite hard for me to buy she is only 16 years old. 

Lyanna is not only sixteen years old in the series.

As younger teenager she was nearly Ned's age, meaning she can't have been much younger than the young Ned actor.  And she would nearly be the age of Sean Bean if she were still alive. Now let's assume that Ned is supposed to be only  three or four years older than Cersei and Jaime, they are forty at Blackwater. That would make him forty five as oldest at the beginning of the series, maybe fifty now and Lyanna a little younger if they were alive. Jon is  at best twenty five  now, nearly twenty at the beginning of the series,  so Lyanna would have been twenty five or more at Jon's birth.

Does this all fit? Has Lyanna been in her late twenties and behaved like a reckless teenager who can't be bothered with writing home? Certainly not.

Meaning calculating the age of characters and evaluating the ages of actors with logic is quite pointless.

Lol. People criticizing the casting of Lyanna cause she doesn't look "beautiful". Since when had beauty not been subjective? Although i imagined her featuring a Snow White appearance traits (black hair, red lips, and white skin), but this Lyanna look fine. 

The most important of all is how she act and she nail her performance in the TOJ.

• 11 months later...

It's been a year and I'm still disappointed. I wasn't expecting the actress to look glamorous in the tower scene, so I googled her. I personally thought the actress was too plain to play the beautiful Lyanna. Ever since I started reading the books, I've been looking forward to see what Lyanna looks like. At least she looks like Maisie Williams, I'll give her that. 

21 hours ago, TheBloodOfTheDragon said:

It's been a year and I'm still disappointed. I wasn't expecting the actress to look glamorous in the tower scene, so I googled her. I personally thought the actress was too plain to play the beautiful Lyanna. Ever since I started reading the books, I've been looking forward to see what Lyanna looks like. At least she looks like Maisie Williams, I'll give her that. 

Isn't that the point? Arya is said to strongly resemble Lyanna.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Isn't that the point? Arya is said to strongly resemble Lyanna.

I know I'm making a big deal out of this, but I can't help myself. I think Ania Bukstein, who plays Kinvara, would have been suitable for the role of Lyanna. Not only is she stunning, but I think she looks like Maisie Williams too. 

Archived