Tyrion + Sansa potentially Reunite

On 5/2/2018 at 8:48 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

then, stop commenting here since this is show thead,,,,,

Hmmm, signals are crossing here. I came here to the show threads and replied to you because you quoted me. And, you quoted me from a post I made almost 2 years ago. Other than me replying to you and not leaving you hanging, I most certainly have not commented in the show forums in months and months. 

Cheers :cheers:

21 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hmmm, signals are crossing here. I came here to the show threads and replied to you because you quoted me. And, you quoted me from a post I made almost 2 years ago. Other than me replying to you and not leaving you hanging, I most certainly have not commented in the show forums in months and months. 

Cheers :cheers:

Fair enough.  My apologies I shouldn't have mentioned the show/books anyway.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:00 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Disclaimer: I do not have any prejudice against Dwarfs or Little People in General.

lol no one thought you did.  Tyrion is very grey and people by and large love him or hate him (okay not quite so black and white but still).  Same goes for other characters too, Danny probably being the main one on this but Sansa too, even Cat (when alive) which surprises me but hey yeah.  George is doing a great job here because a lot of us pick a bit instinctively because there are very few true heroes and very few true villains and that is why I think we debate about them so much. ;)

On 4/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, Newstar said:

No, the books are very much in line with that. Book Sansa was about to refer to Tyrion as "kind" in the books to Lysa to explain why the marriage hadn't been consummated until she realized that Lysa was unlikely to be persuaded by that explanation since she hated Tyrion so much (as opposed to Sansa, who doesn't hate him). Her statement to Ramsay, also calculated to persuade that the marriage hadn't been consummated, was pretty much along the same lines.

As much as she hated the marriage, there's no indication that Sansa ever hated Tyrion in the books. Instead, all indications are that while she has no inclination to be married to him ever again, she thinks well of him in spite of everything. She objects to Littlefinger framing Tyrion for murder by saying "He did nothing." She contradicts Lysa's suggestion that Tyrion was impotent (why does she care if Lysa thinks Tyrion can't get it up?). She almost explains the non-consummation with reference to Tyrion's kindness until thinking better of it given Lysa's hatred towards Tyrion. When thinking about how Littlefinger did nothing for her in KL, she remembers how Tyrion saved her from being beaten by Joffrey. Tyrion even shows up in a list of people she can no longer rely on for aid in AFFC, with the others being Robb, her mother, Bran, Rickon, Edmure, Lysa, and the Blackfish.

So Sansa praising Tyrion on the show to third parties for his kindness and defending him to those who question that Tyrion never consummated the marriage is completely in line with the books. Other aspects of their relationship are very different from the books, such as their mutual confidence that the other did not kill Joffrey, but Sansa thinking well of Tyrion after she escapes KL and believing that he was kind for not consummating the marriage is not one of them.

Nah. Sandor has other priorities. To make a statement that applies as much to SanSan as it does to Tyrion and Sansa's endgame prospects, D&D are not subtle when it comes to foreshadowing. If you have to hunt for it--in this case by parsing wardrobe clues and saying that the only possible reason Sandor would be wearing different clothes is to impress Sansa (as opposed to, say, trading in his Season 6 outfit because it's not warm enough)--it's not there.

I agree regardless of whom we may ship or what it may happen in the end.  Your points are very good IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 9:28 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

I agree regardless of whom we may ship or what it may happen in the end.  Your points are very good IMHO.

Thank you!!!  Of course ship and let ship lol.  I still hold a little candle for Ty/Sansa but hey, much and more would have to happen in the next two books for my prediction (wishful thinking) to be right or wrong, but  I always treasure appreciative comments; whether you agree or not.

Although this forum is awesome, oftentimes I do get a lot of sarcasm from detractors.  You gave me praise instead, wow!  I do too to detractors albeit seldom to "superior" or "sarcastic" ones.

At the end of the day it is a lot of fun to speculate, and we are all here eager to get more books, some of us even more show lol but you have shown me great respect which is what I try to show others too, in agreement or even more so, in disagreement ;)

Archived