What are your S7 predictions?

Lautrec

Despite Winds not being out, S6 still had some elements that we book readers could easily predict as to how they would happen on the show, since some elements (Coldhands, Pycelle's death, the Siege of Riverrun, Balon's death and Euron's arrival, Sam going to Oldtown) were still book material. But now, unless Winds comes out before S7 (unlikely) it seems that S7 is completely uncharted territory.

Here's a quick rundown of still relevant locations and their characters, as of S6E10:

Beyond the Wall - The Night King; Bran and Meera; Benjen
Castle Black - Dolorous Edd
Winterfell - Jon, Sansa, Davos, Tormund, Littlefinger, Northern Lords
The North - Melisandre
Riverlands - The Hound, Thoros, Berric; Arya; Brienne and Podrick
The Iron Islands - Euron
King's Landing - Cersei, Jaime, Bronn, Qyburn, The Mountain
Oldtown - Sam, Gilly, Little Sam
Dorne - Ellaria, Olenna Tyrell, Sand Snakes
Sailing to Westeros - Daenerys, Tyrion, Varys, Missandei, Grey Worm, Yara, Theon

Additionaly, there are still some characters left who will likely appear before the show is over:
The Vale - Robin and Lord Royce
Braavos - Jaqen
Somewhere in Essos - Jorah
Horn Hill - The Tarlys

And then there are the characters who have likely been written out of the show and won't appear again: Gendry, Daario, Kinvara, Edmure, the Braavosi theater troupe.

So, what will happen now?

For the first time in the show it seems the whole story will be fully set on Westeros. S7 will likely focus on Dany's invasion and will end with the White Walkers coming. It seems to me that S7 will also tie up the other loose ends and will have most of the main characters converging in Winterfell, so that S8 takes place entirely there.

I think the most likely prediction is that Arya will meet the Brotherhood and they will run into Melisandre, fulfilling Mel's prediction that Arya and she will meet again. I doubt Arya will try to kill her, and all of them will end up going back to Winterfell, except Melisandre. Maybe Mel will be willing to risk going back if she brings Jon Arya, mirroring Jorah bringing Tyrion to Daenerys, but I doubt it. I have a feeling Mel is going to meet Dany and will be the one to tell her about the Walkers, motivating her to go North. Brienne and Podrick are heading to Winterfell too. 

Dany will land in Dorne and will probably spend the first half of the season making her way to King's Landing. When she gets there, Cersei will likely rather have KL destroyed then lost and will try to burn all of the wildfire caches. Jaime will kill her, and either die as well or be executed by Dany for killing her father. Maybe Tyrion will help him escape and he will end up going to Winterfell too. I don't see secondary characters like Bronn and Qyburn surviving the season. Whether Cersei manages to burn KL remains to be seen, but if we take into account Dany's vision at the House of the Undying, then maybe she does succeed. With no capital to reign from and Mel's warning of Walkers, Dany heads North, also in accordance with the rest of tHotU vision. Hopefully Jorah reunites with her by then.

What happens in Oldtown, aside from Sam training, is a mystery to me. Jaqen will likely show up. There's a reason he wasn't killed off and we know he appears in the books there too. 

Bran and Meera will pass through the Wall, possibly through Castle Black which will give us a reminder of Dolorous Edd for later in the season. By passing through the Wall Bran destroys its magic, allowing the Night King to destroy it. Bran and Meera head to Winterfell. The last scene of the season is likely the Night King destroying the Wall, while the remaining characters all meet in Winterfell.

As for Euron, I have a feeling he is completely unimportant and will end up being just a minor antagonist to Dany's story, or possibly Sam's. I don't think Sam will die in Oldtown since he took his father's Valyrian steel sword and that thing is definitely going North. Things will have to be going down in Winterfell, too, and I imagine the conflict here will come from Littlefinger.

So, that's the basic outline from what I can tell. What do you think will happen?

Very hard to predict the end game now (I see the remainder as one season split into two), but best guess would be as follows:

* Dany is going to land and have some sort of confrontation with Euron and the Lannisters.

* I'm going to guess that Jamie kills Cersei in the next season and wouldn't be surprised if Cersei takes out Kings Landing and a chunk of Dany's army too (let's face it she needs to have some sort of set back).

* The wall must surely fall, I'm guessing this is linked to Bran passing through it.  

* I would be amazed if Bran does not reach Winterfell inform Jon about the White Walkers and confirm his parentage.

* Jon is going to have to deal with the Sansa/Littlefinger situation, neither of these are end game players so they could be shock deaths next year but I am not sure how this would actually play out.

Now these I am less sure on:

* Sam will find something in the library I am sure which will be of use for the battle of dawn or defeating Dany.

* Arya I assume is going to kill Mel and maybe meet up with the Hound/Pod otherwise no idea what she does but I suspect her end game is to kill someone big (Dany probably the most likely).

* The Hound, BWB, Brienne I assume are all going to head north and ally with Jon.

* I don't see Jaqen, Dario, Gendry or Stoneheart being on the show from here on in.

We essentially have five power circles with a few displaced background characters and Arya/Bran now, the five being (White Walkers, Lannisters, Dany + Tyrells, Dornish, Jon + Vale Knights and probably BWB and Euron), by the end of the next seven I expect it to be three groups facing off (Whitewalkers, Dany + crew and Jon + crew).

I won't go into all of my predictions, but I feel certain that Bran is going to screw something up again and allow the WW to pass through the wall. 

And I feel something very bad is going to happen to Dany.  It's too easy for her right now as far as taking the throne, something is going to have to happen to level the playing field, just not sure what that is.

Also who kills Cersei, is very interesting to me, To me it's three choices, Jamie, Tyrion, and possibly Ayra I think possibly with Jamies face on.

Cersei and Euron will Team up at some point. She needs support and allies and he will build 1000 ships. I think we will get a naval battle next season.

I wonder if there will be an equivalent to the Dragon Horn(books) in the show. Dany is in a very strong position now and I think she will have to face more than just a few battles against no name soldiers.

I have no predictions for the north so far. It is possible that there will be a Sansa/Jon conflict, but I hope not. I hope it will focus more on thread through the white walkers.

3 hours ago, Drunken_Sailor24 said:

I won't go into all of my predictions, but I feel certain that Bran is going to screw something up again and allow the WW to pass through the wall. 

And I feel something very bad is going to happen to Dany.  It's too easy for her right now as far as taking the throne, something is going to have to happen to level the playing field, just not sure what that is.

Also who kills Cersei, is very interesting to me, To me it's three choices, Jamie, Tyrion, and possibly Ayra I think possibly with Jamies face on.

I don't think the show runners will introduce some other element that will allow the ww to pass the wall except Bran. I think they will keep it simple like you said, and have Bran fuck up. How ?..He will simply pass the wall, the NK is still linked with him, so he will just be able to pass as well.

I think she will just probably die in the last battle, but not before. I see her dying some heroes death, but not until the end.

Cerci my guess will probably die by Jamies hands..sorry hand:) That's a third child he loses because of her, there's no way he will forgive her.

People WHO read the books have been expecting Littlefinger to die since season 4.

People WHO didn't read the books have been expecting Littlefinger to die since season 2.

I believe he'll be the last villain to die. There are 2 main villains (besides the WW) left anyways. Cersei and Baelish. I think he will die even after Cersei. Probably in the final season. Cersei's gone for sure in the next season.

Jaime will meet Dany

Jaime will marry Dany

Cersei will burn King's Landing ala Emperor Nero (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_Rome)

Cersei Die

Robin Arryn marrys Sansa

Robin and Sansa throws Littlefinger down the moon door

Arya meet Jon Snow and Sansa

Night's Watch desert and diisbands following Jon Snows example

The Wall will Fall

17 minutes ago, permaximum said:

People WHO read the books have been expecting Littlefinger to die since season 4.

People WHO didn't read the books have been expecting Littlefinger to die since season 2.

I believe he'll be the last villain to die. There are 2 main villains (besides the WW) left anyways. Cersei and Baelish. I think he will die even after Cersei. Probably in the final season. Cersei's gone for sure in the next season.

there are no vilanis! You are not supposed to cheer for some noble! There are bigger things in the world...

Some predictions:

1. The Wall will fall in the finale of S7

2. Cersei will die. So will the rest of King's Landing (but not Jaime, not yet)

3. The Starks will be reunited (Arya returns to Winterfell with the Hound maybe and Bran might make a pit stop at the Reeds' first, find Howland)

4. Lannisters and Euron/halfotheironborns vs Daenerys and Theon/Yara/halfoftheironborns/Dorne (seems like an easy win for Dany here, so I think some funky shit will happen. Euron's magic? Cersei's madness? Probably ends up burning down King's Landing just so Dany can't have it)

5. Brienne meets up with BWB and The Hound, possibly with Arya also, and together they go up North to join the Starks. Just feels perfect to me if Brienne was the one to 'bring' Arya home

6. Littlefinger dies (it's his time)

7. We'll meet the second dragon rider

My biggest concern with the North storyline is that I'm not really sure what they'll do. Apart from reuniting the Starks, the only other thing they can do is just simply prepare for the White Walkers. Season 7 might be heavy on King's Landing's side. Wrap up the human war before we start with the final magical war (season eight). So, what will we actually see? 

I've probably got more ideas/predictions, but this is good for now

(I don't want these predictions to take place in the book, but here goes:)

I want Euron to team up with Cersei in a political marriage (maybe with Jaime warning him not to try anything with Cersei like he did with Loras in Lion and the Rose season 4).

I want Dany/Yara to attack KL but half their force PLUS one of Dany's dragons (Rhaegal or Viserion) is destroyed by wildfire. I'm sorry but we cannot have it planesailing for Daenerys forever- she needs to lose some power and be humbled.

Jaime needs to die- he serves no purpose and D&D have ruined his character development anyway. I don't care who kills Cersei as it won't really matter- the show didn't include the Valonquar part of the prophesy.

Melisandre meets Arya but doesn't get killed- if they wanted Mel dead they just would've let Davos kill her rather than bring Carice back just to die. If they just wanted to tie a loose end by reuniting the two, then that's appalling storytelling. Mel then rides to KL and tells Dany about the threat beyond the Wall- the last episode of the season will be Daenerys leaving KL to head North.

I have no idea how the Jon/Sansa/Baelish dynamic will play out, but I hope it doesn't end with Baelish dying without any consequences for Jon and Sansa. I'm sick of the show's main characters having nothing bad happen to them. I definitely think Robin Arryn will play a part.

I have no idea where Jorah, Jaqen, Daario, Sam, The Hound or Brienne fit in to the story now. With The Hound, they definitely wouldn't have brought him back just so he can go North and fight the Whitewalkers. Something important will happen to him, and it won't be Cleganebowl.

Euron and Cersei teaming up is a good prediction so I will go with that one.

LF finds out about Jon's parents and uses it to undermine him.

Jaime kills Cersei before she burns down the rest of KL.  

Dany suffers some sort of setback.

Tyrion and Dany meet up with the Starks and there is some sort of alliance (probably a political marriage.)

I wonder if the Sansa/Baelish antagonism can be protracted. Sansa should know she needs to act fast and have Baelish poisoned by his enemies (ie, herself) before she gives him time to act. I'm also not sure what else would Sansa do the rest of the season. Maybe Dany sends Tyrion to Winterfell, or Jon sends Sansa south?

Daenerys invasion could potentially be 6-7 episodes long, but her forces are way superior to her enemies. It should really be over soon.

It looks like Westeros will be stabilized soon - there is too much disparity of forces and Jon will want Dany and her dragons as an ally, so a conflict between Dany and the North seems very unlikely.

I don't think Cersei will have an alliance with Euron but I definitely believe that Euron is going to fight Dany at sea before she even reaches Land.

She's got way too much of a massive army behind her at this stage and we know how D&D like to stack the odds against the hero, so I'm guessing Euron is going to do something to the dragons while the Dotraki will be more or less obliterated. 

Cersei will go down but not without taking a significant portion of the invading Dorne/Tyrell army with her, while Baelish will also die but not before finding a way to splinter the North.

So by the end of Season 7 ends, most of the human enemies will be dead (except Euron who will still have the dragons), but the "good" side's combined numbers will be utterly fucked for the war to come against the WW. This sets up Sam to find out something massive that will help defeat the WW.

Outside gambles include Arya doing something reprehensible in the eyes of the audience such as murdering the "Lannister Loyalists" Pod and Brienne, and Jon going the season (or most of it) being none the wiser in regards to his true parentage. 

Cersei will burn down King's landing and Jaime will kill her for it. 

But what will happen to Jaime? In the books his job was to protect the King and Rhaegars Children, and he feels remorse for not protecting Rhaegars children from the Mountain.

Combine that with his admiration of Brienne, his promise to Catelyn and hatred for Tyrion who killed his father after Jaime set him free.

Chances are big that he takes the Lannister army and winds up with Team Stark.

The big thing I wonder about next season is if Jon will be forced to "unite the realm" by his sister, and maybe littlefinger and end up in conflict with Dany.

3 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

I'm sick of the show's main characters having nothing bad happen to them. 

This is sort of off-topic, but how in the world have the main characters gotten away with "having nothing bad happen to them"?  Which main characters are you talking about?!  It seems to me basically every main character has had horrible things happen to them.  As far as Jon and Sansa go - Jon experienced *death* and lost his family and Sansa lost everything she cared about, was forced to marry multiple times, was raped and tortured; they both just lost their little brother.... :huh:

Archived