Spoilers: Varys Question

Lacey

Do you think Dany will find out that Varys orchestrated an assassination attempt on her when she was preggers with her son?

If yes (and I hope this does come up, perhaps with Jorah's return??)...won't that be super awkward?  Will Varys become a dragon beggin strip?  

Well, Varys could disapparate at any time, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it if I was him. I think the show will deal with this in the usual way.

Dany: "So. You tried to kill me once, right?"

Varys: "Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't know you were so awesome."

Dany: "It's cool, bro."

Varys: "Okay."

5 hours ago, adiman83 said:

The assassination attempt was Robert's doing, if I remember correctly. And we could argue that Varys told Jorah about it and instructed him to stop the assassin. 

Varys was definitely involved. When Robert agrees that there is no need to kill Dany Ned goes to Varys to tell him to stop the assassination and Varys tells him it's too late because the birds have already flown. A guy then tries to poison Dany. So Varys was very much responsible, regardless of whether or not he actually wanted her dead. 

Varys knew about the assassination and agreed with it, but only because it would have been very suspicious if he voices his opinion against it, especially since he was on the small council of the Mad King's regime. Also, Varys arguing against it would not have changed Robert's mind, Ned's certainly didn't. It was not worth the risk. Furthermore, Varys made certain Jorah knew of the attempt through the royal pardon and perhaps knew of his feelings for Dany and that he would stop it.

Don't worry, greyscale creates miracles, and Jorah was tasked first to find a cure before he ever comes back.

The only other person who sat at the council, and is still alive, is (guess who) Littlefinger. So LF may be the one who tells her, because of the love he holds for Varys, but simultaneously LF will accept liability and will be self-incriminated as he was present during the meeting of the small council, therefore Dany will probably never find out.

17 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

Varys was definitely involved. When Robert agrees that there is no need to kill Dany Ned goes to Varys to tell him to stop the assassination and Varys tells him it's too late because the birds have already flown. A guy then tries to poison Dany. So Varys was very much responsible, regardless of whether or not he actually wanted her dead. 

I guess it depends how involved, I think she'd see at as worse if he specifically arranged an assassination attempt as opposed to putting out the word that who ever kills her gets a lordship on Robert's order.

Archived