Jon Snow, King of the north and Vale

2 minutes ago, Im With Stannis said:

I have a feeling that little girl (Lyanna Mormont) is going to be married off to Sweet Robin and have to suffer Littlefinger as a result.

That would be a terrible match for Robin considering the Mormonts fielded something like 60 men for Jon and Bear Island isn't wealthy

9 minutes ago, MilesJames said:

I think it will be more intresting when Dynerias takes king landing and hears "Mythical creatures of ice than can raise the dead of legend have returned and are killing evreyone in the north. " I hope she thinks its fake and a trap rather than saying well it must be true an evreyone just accepting it. 

Dump and dumper will make everyone accepts it and move on. They don't have money for 20 episodes left. 

Sansa marries Robyn who then has a fatal accident thanks to Littlefinger, who Sansa then kicks to the curb. "I gave you everything!" he'll say with his final breath. Sansa becomes ruler of the Vale.

Jon Snow becomes Lord Commander of the Night's Watch number 1,000, because the current one is 999 and we KNEW from the beginning, ever since hearing Mormont was number 997, that they would reach 1,000 before the end of the story. Jon Snow is Commander of the Night's Watch and ruler of the North at the same time. Possibly not King in the North in the end, as he might reach an agreement with Daenerys.

Many of the wildlings return to north of the wall, while the others populate the lands just south of the wall, which haven't been farmed for centuries. That problem has been mentioned a couple of times in the books, so it will certainly be addressed. And there must be wildlings north of the wall to maintain the free-folk part of Westeros. But they will no longer be enemies of the Nights' Watch, who may or may not have an intact Wall. There will be constant trade and interactions between them and the now farming ex-wildlings to the south of the Wall.

After defeating the Others Daenerys will realize that Westeros isn't her home, it was just a dream foisted upon her all her life. To accept this is a liberating feeling. She returns to Meereen, her true home, and rules the Bay of Dragons. Yunkai and Astapor will be forced to give up slavery after seven years as per the original plan, unless Daario hasn't already taken them after they lost their armies, ready to hand over the keys to Dany. Perhaps she makes Daario her steward in one of the cities.

Just now, Jarl Halstein said:

Sansa marries Robyn who then has a fatal accident thanks to Littlefinger, who Sansa then kicks to the curb. "I gave you everything!" he'll say with his final breath. Sansa becomes ruler of the Vale.

Jon Snow becomes Lord Commander of the Night's Watch number 1,000, because the current one is 999 and we KNEW from the beginning, ever since hearing Mormont was number 997, that they would reach 1,000 before the end of the story. Jon Snow is Commander of the Night's Watch and ruler of the North at the same time. Possibly not King in the North in the end, as he might reach an agreement with Daenerys.

Many of the wildlings return to north of the wall, while the others populate the lands just south of the wall, which haven't been farmed for centuries. That problem has been mentioned a couple of times in the books, so it will certainly be addressed. And there must be wildlings north of the wall to maintain the free-folk part of Westeros. But they will no longer be enemies of the Nights' Watch, who may or may not have an intact Wall. There will be constant trade and interactions between them and the now farming ex-wildlings to the south of the Wall.

After defeating the Others Daenerys will realize that Westeros isn't her home, it was just a dream foisted upon her all her life. To accept this is a liberating feeling. She returns to Meereen, her true home, and rules the Bay of Dragons. Yunkai and Astapor will be forced to give up slavery after seven years as per the original plan, unless Daario hasn't already taken them after they lost their armies, ready to hand over the keys to Dany. Perhaps she makes Daario her steward in one of the cities.

Ir doesn't work that way. Sansa has to have an Arryn child to rule the Vale just like Lysa Tully ruled through Robin.

Just now, Darksky said:

I'm so happy the showrunners allowed the North to appoint its leader. It was the free will of the Northern Lords. Jon is King not because of some piece of paper or a name but his own deeds, valour and character. The Lords had options, they weren't forced to conform to a dead royalty's wish (Robb's will) and they decided not to be classist. It's great development all around.

Personally, I think Sansa' been screwed over, but that's not what this thread is about. It's one thing for the Noth to choose Jon as their King. There's absolurely no reason that the Vale would choose Jon Snow.

6 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Well, pity then that the showrunners didn't bother including this scene, hopefully along with some healthy skepticism from the Northeners. The only remotely supernatural thing that was there was Wun Wun (and no reaction to him, either), they have literally no reason to believe this highly suspicious story, since it's been established that for them all the NW reports of the living dead were, well, snarks and grumkins.

Actually, if they believed the NW stories about the living dead and Jon's resurrection on top... yeah, one reason less to trust him.

Not to mention that even the person who witnessed Jon's resurrection, Edd, was of an opinion that it DOESN'T release Jon from his vows.

If it happens in right circumstances, I won't whine, but the show version is just BS.

That's the jarring thing, she didn't even say a word publicly, nobody expressed any interest, and there was no scene indicating that she had discussed it with the Vale Lords earlier.

I guess the show should have resurrected him on live TV so the entire realm could witness it. I'm sure the books will

22 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Ir doesn't work that way. Sansa has to have an Arryn child to rule the Vale just like Lysa Tully ruled through Robin.

In my post there, I hypothesize that she marries Robyn, he dies, and she is therefore the ruler. She'll also be the ally and even close relative of all those who together with her just saved mankind from annihilation. One or several of her allies being dragon riders. Who, exactly, is going to contest her rule in the Vale in that scenario, you say?

6 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

In my post there, I hypothesize that she marries Robyn, he dies, and she is therefore the ruler. She'll also be the ally and even close relative of all those who together with her just saved mankind from annihilation. One or several of her allies being dragon riders. Who, exactly, is going to contest her rule in the Vale in that scenario, you say?

IF she stays in good relationship with those who will save mankind of annihilation. The thing is Sansa will be on bad term with Jon, and maybe very bad term with Dany. Only Bran she might never dislike but in the end he is 3 eyes raven I doubt that he will care much about being lord or so.

4 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

They already committed treason by supporting the person who the crown thought killed the King Joeffery. Giving the North to Jon or Sansa is treason. 

The vale was in for a penny, now they are in for a pound. Supporting King Snow can't make the crown more angry.

They really had three choices. Support King Jon, support Sansa, or raise Robin to King himself. Sansa and Robin are too tied up with Littlefinger for Yohn Royce to support Sansa or Robin. If Royce could control Robin, he'd probably have done the later, but he doesn't control him even a little bit. 

With LF, there are always more choices.  Technically, LF had permission to go after the Boltons.  So the only issue is not capturing Sansa in the name of the crown, and considering the situation Queen Cersei finds herself in, I imagine she would overlook the Sansa issue for now if it meant LF's support.

And I don't think the Vale lords swore any allegiance to John (other than maybe getting caught up in the moment).  They'll stay as long as SR (i.e., LF) says so.  I'm sure LF will make that point very clearly early next season.

1 minute ago, Ross2013 said:

With LF, there are always more choices.  Technically, LF had permission to go after the Boltons.  So the only issue is not capturing Sansa in the name of the crown, and considering the situation Queen Cersei finds herself in, I imagine she would overlook the Sansa issue for now if it meant LF's support.

And I don't think the Vale lords swore any allegiance to John (other than maybe getting caught up in the moment).  They'll stay as long as SR (i.e., LF) says so.  I'm sure LF will make that point very clearly early next season.

Oh I'm sure LF has some plans he's cooking up. But I think the King Jon stuff was out of his control.

It's just bizarre for them to chant with the Northmen sense they are the more powerful party and just saved the Stark's ass, instead of declaring a new king the Northern lords should be celebrating their southern saviors 

1 hour ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Personally, I think Sansa' been screwed over, but that's not what this thread is about. It's one thing for the Noth to choose Jon as their King. There's absolurely no reason that the Vale would choose Jon Snow.

The main reason the show has ignored Sansa as the heir for Winterfell might be because she isn't there in the book at all. Simple as that, there is a huge possibility that by the time some battle happens between Jon and the Boltons in the Book, Sansa is still staying in Vale. D&D just fxxx up the plot line and put Sansa in the scenario just to give her fans some fan service for more Sansa's screentime and empowering theme etc. 

Jon being hailed as King of the north surely will happen because it is such a major event and it will event out his position vs Dany in the South. In short, Sansa isn't screwed over, she is ignored by the northern people in the show might be because in the book she isn't supposed to be there at all. They can't hail Sansa in the show as queen if in the book she isn't supposed to get that title. 

Just now, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

The main reason the show has ignored Sansa as the heir for Winterfell might be because she isn't there in the book at all. Simple as that, there is a huge possibility that by the time some battle happens between Jon and the Boltons in the Book, Sansa is still staying in Vale. D&D just fxxx up the plot line and put Sansa in the scenario just to give her fans some fan service for more Sansa's screentime and empowering theme etc. 

Jon being hailed as King of the north surely will happen because it is such a major event and it will event out his position vs Dany in the South. In short, Sansa isn't screwed over, she is ignored by the northern people in the show might be because in the book she isn't supposed to be there at all. They can't hail Sansa in the show as queen if in the book she isn't supposed to get that title. 

Agin, that's not the point. There's no reason for the Vale to swear fealty to Jon.

Just now, Boarsbane said:

It's just bizarre for them to chant with the Northmen sense they are the more powerful party and just saved the Stark's ass, instead of declaring a new king the Northern lords should be celebrating their southern saviors 

Oh definitely. This is like if after Rbb saved Edmures ass, all of the Northmen declared Edmure King of the Ruverlands and the North. Actualy it's worse, Edmure and Ribb are at least related. Jons just the bastard not step son that Catelyn hated.

Archived