Melisandre Going South

What do you think will happen to her?

I suspect she will head for the Brotherhood, as they are pretty much the only bunch of people she knows.

Both Berric and Melisandre are on Arya's list in the show. I am pretty sure Arya will head for the Brotherhood as well for Berric's head. Melisandre "saw" that they will meet again.

Hound + Arya + Melisandre in the same place. Interesting situation. Hopefully Arya and the Hound will take leadership of the Brotherhood and head north.

• 1 year later...

My wish is that she'll be essential to defeating the Night King and be able to return to Jon's side but I worry that she may have already fulfilled her greatest purpose by bringing back Jon. I mean simply it makes sense thematically that "fire" magic would be needed in order to defeat "snow" magic :P. It seems all but certain that she'll meet up with Arya, the Hound and the Brotherhood. I imagine she'll sacrifice herself in some way for the greater good. To me that seems the way her character arc is moving. Or she'll throw herself behind protecting Arya to go some way to make up for what she did to Shireen.

Archived