Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Last Lion

Who Is the lucky guy Cersei marries next?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, things looked bad up until the epilogue of ADWD, but with her Lannister chaperones dead and a zombie death tank at her disposal, I think Cersei is going to have a surprisingly good Winds of Winter (Promise of Spring, eh, not so much). But to do it, she pretty clearly needs to team up with somebody with some troops. And the one thing she has is her hand in marriage (and with it the defacto role as Lord Protector to Tommen). The question is who? 

Given she clearly needs to avenge herself against the Tyrells and the High Septon, they are out. With Dorne, it's the reverse problem, while nobody in the Riverlands or the North has anything left to offer. 

Which leaves Littlefinger, Euron, and one fake dragon.

Of the three, Littlefinger should make the most sense, as the person who would most clearly see the opportunity to play the power behind the throne. But I think GRRM really wants to play out the Littlefinger-Sansa storyline, which blows up any deal with Cersei until too late in the series.

Euron makes the most actual sense -- as his current strategy of counting on a guy he cuckolded and who can't outwit tree monkeys to bring him the world's most powerful warlord and her three pet nuclear bombs as his bride and dowry is . . . lacking. Teaming up with Cersei, on the other hand, gives the two of them a fighting chance against the Danys of the world just as the reader will desperately need to maintain some suspense about the outcome of the series. Also, I think GRRM couldn't resist the total madness of having these two loons on the same team; imagine sex scenes which make the Myrish Swamp look like Disney Land. 

However, there is a dark horse -- Faegon. I admit, he can't rule behind Tommen. But let's say a certain fat enunich realized that Dany is more a threat rather than an ally to his cause. And suppose Tommen fulfilled his prophetic role and met an untimely end? Suddenly, the two greatest counterfeiters of Royal Offspring in Westeros could find a lot of reasons to team up -- which would be awesome. 

In the end of course, I'm sure Jamie will put his sister out of her misery/empowerment. But how do you think we get there?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Cercei want to marry anybody but Jaime?
She despised her first (and only) husband. She is queen regent over Tommen and in the books only competes for control over him with Maergery. She has been released from the Sept and is now in protection of the kingsguard (mainly Ser Robert Strong). Pycelle and Kevan are dead.

To sum it up, in the books, it looks as though things are looking up for Cercei. She is not someone who thinks of the long run politics, so why should she marry? Her son is on the throne, the immediate threat of the High Sparrow has been deterred (especially with Ser Robert Strong as her trial-by-combat-hero). Jaime has secured the Riverlands (again) and as far as she knows, Littlefinger is ruling the Vale and the Boltons are ruling the North, Dorne is run by a 'cripple and non-responsive man who has problems keeping his kin under control', the Reach is controlled by the Tyrells, who are currently still her allies.

The only thing Cersei has to worry about from her point of view is the invasion of JonCon and (f)Aegon. For that a Lannister/Tyrell Army should help with the problems at hand.

I honestly do not see why Cersei would think of re-marrying at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she will eventually become a Septa and be the last surviving of her siblings and outlive her children except, possibly, Myrcella.

No marriages, maybe attempts at alliances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Cersei will ever marry again.she is the Lady of Casterly Rock,probably she will win her trial and probably she will regain her status as Queen Regent.Wedding means that she will share power or even pass it to her husband.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she is to remarry it would be with Euron I think. I don't see LF as a candidate at all, and Cersei wouldn't marry someone of such low birth either.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Cersei will marry Dany. They both experimented with lesbian sex already, so it's been foreshadowed in the text. It also fits the prophecy, as Dany is "younger and more beautiful, to cast [Cersei] down" on the bed and have her way with her. Then they'll invite Jaime to join in (Dany needs an heir) and then Dany will "take all that [Cersei] hold dear" to the hilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2016 at 3:41 AM, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

I'm hoping Cersei will marry Dany. They both experimented with lesbian sex already, so it's been foreshadowed in the text. It also fits the prophecy, as Dany is "younger and more beautiful, to cast [Cersei] down" on the bed and have her way with her. Then they'll invite Jaime to join in (Dany needs an heir) and then Dany will "take all that [Cersei] hold dear" to the hilt.

Ah, so you believe Jaime will thrust the sword into her and become Azor Azai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tchzaelous said:

Ah, so you believe Jaime will thrust the sword into her and become Azor Azai?

Yes, as a result of her promiscuous ways, he will catch a pox from Cersei, and his inflamed manhood becomes the red sword of heroes!!!!! :devil:

Word is confirmed that the Others have attacked the wall.  In a fit of gallantry, he joins the Night's Watch, then seduces the woman in Old Nan's story with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars.  "The sword in the darkness"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolf of the Steppes said:

Yes, as a result of her promiscuous ways, he will catch a pox from Cersei, and his inflamed manhood becomes the red sword of heroes!!!!! :devil:

Word is confirmed that the Others have attacked the wall.  In a fit of gallantry, he joins the Night's Watch, then seduces the woman in Old Nan's story with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars.  "The sword in the darkness"

I'll bet Old Nan had stories about Cersei. "Let me tell you the tale of the Golden Succubus children."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't disagree more. Things are looking worse than ever for Cersei as of the end of Dance.

Kevan, the only person with the juice to keep the Tyrells at bay against her, is dead. Now she's all Mace's to do with as he pleases. Mace can send her away, have her killed in her sleep, imprison her in the black cells, etc. And there's not a damn thing she can do about it.

The Tyrells have Tommen now, and if they want to they can keep her from ever laying eyes on him, and again.. there's not a damn thing she can do about it.

Regent will fall to Mace, and Hand to the King to Mace or another Tyrell. In short, any Lannister influence over her son is over.

The small council is now a majority of Tyrells, and a spot is about to be filled by a Dornish who also hates her. The small council will never vote in favor of anything she wants or desires ever again. She has no power .. she has no power at all.

She's now going to be guarded day and night by Tyrell guards. She can kiss her freedom to roam the castle goodbye.

The women that attend her are controlled by the Faith and switched out regularly so that she won't be able to corrupt them. Kevan was going to grant her Taena Merryweather, but now that he's dead she'll get jack squat.

The Lannister army led by Jamie are far away and won't be of any help to her when they return. The Tyrells run KL, with the Faith second. Every second of every day the High Septon and the Faith grows more powerful, more numerous.

If Jamie returns to KL so what, he despises her. The days of her getting him to her bidding are over. And if she tried to harm Tommen in front of him again he'll probably Robert Baratheon her.

She's a bald, overweight, way past her prime, admitted incestuous whore who is a laughing stock to even the commoners. No one respects her, no one fears her.

Nymeria and Tyene are arriving in KL who want death for her entire family, fully alive after her failed ambush plan, and the only person who's been harmed is her daughter who had half her face sliced. Her hope of having Trystane as a hostage - dashed as well.

Her big bad champion, the very moment he steps out to fight on her behalf, will have "Gregor Clegane!" shouts thrown at him by everybody at court, even without his helmet off. That helmet is coming off one way or another, and when it does or if he refuses, the little time he bought her by winning his fight won't matter at all. The Faith and commoners will lay siege to the Red Keep, possibly set it ablaze to flush them out if they have to. Can Robert Strong defeat 20-100s people at once? Can he defeat fire? I sincerely doubt it.

And lastly if you think any of that junk in KL from the show is going to happen in the books I have a hot pool in Antarctica to sell you. When (not if) Cersei's champion is exposed, everything is OVER. No more negotiations, no more playing nice by the Faith, and no very convenient stash of wildfire under the Great Sept. They'll want her dead and they will accept no substitute. She'll have one choice to make and that's to flee to Casterly Rock if she can make it past the mob, and she'll never see KL again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2016 at 11:56 AM, Tchzaelous said:

Ah, so you believe Jaime will thrust the sword into her and become Azor Azai?

And then he'll be so astonished he'll have an accident while fulfilling Cersei's love of erotic asphyxiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet she will marry Euron. ( In the Aeron vision he saw Euron with a tall woman behind him, i think that is Cersei) Her power is already taken away and when her children die , she has nothing to lose anymore. So she will see the opportunity in Euron. But a short time after she will die by the hands of the valonqar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think she will marry anyone, but I can see her and Euron becoming fuck buddies who troll the realm together until the bitter end of the series.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Ser Biscuit said:

I couldn't disagree more. Things are looking worse than ever for Cersei as of the end of Dance.

Kevan, the only person with the juice to keep the Tyrells at bay against her, is dead. Now she's all Mace's to do with as he pleases. Mace can send her away, have her killed in her sleep, imprison her in the black cells, etc. And there's not a damn thing she can do about it.

The Tyrells have Tommen now, and if they want to they can keep her from ever laying eyes on him, and again.. there's not a damn thing she can do about it.

Regent will fall to Mace, and Hand to the King to Mace or another Tyrell. In short, any Lannister influence over her son is over.

The small council is now a majority of Tyrells, and a spot is about to be filled by a Dornish who also hates her. The small council will never vote in favor of anything she wants or desires ever again. She has no power .. she has no power at all.

She's now going to be guarded day and night by Tyrell guards. She can kiss her freedom to roam the castle goodbye.

The women that attend her are controlled by the Faith and switched out regularly so that she won't be able to corrupt them. Kevan was going to grant her Taena Merryweather, but now that he's dead she'll get jack squat.

The Lannister army led by Jamie are far away and won't be of any help to her when they return. The Tyrells run KL, with the Faith second. Every second of every day the High Septon and the Faith grows more powerful, more numerous.

If Jamie returns to KL so what, he despises her. The days of her getting him to her bidding are over. And if she tried to harm Tommen in front of him again he'll probably Robert Baratheon her.

She's a bald, overweight, way past her prime, admitted incestuous whore who is a laughing stock to even the commoners. No one respects her, no one fears her.

Nymeria and Tyene are arriving in KL who want death for her entire family, fully alive after her failed ambush plan, and the only person who's been harmed is her daughter who had half her face sliced. Her hope of having Trystane as a hostage - dashed as well.

Her big bad champion, the very moment he steps out to fight on her behalf, will have "Gregor Clegane!" shouts thrown at him by everybody at court, even without his helmet off. That helmet is coming off one way or another, and when it does or if he refuses, the little time he bought her by winning his fight won't matter at all. The Faith and commoners will lay siege to the Red Keep, possibly set it ablaze to flush them out if they have to. Can Robert Strong defeat 20-100s people at once? Can he defeat fire? I sincerely doubt it.

And lastly if you think any of that junk in KL from the show is going to happen in the books I have a hot pool in Antarctica to sell you. When (not if) Cersei's champion is exposed, everything is OVER. No more negotiations, no more playing nice by the Faith, and no very convenient stash of wildfire under the Great Sept. They'll want her dead and they will accept no substitute. She'll have one choice to make and that's to flee to Casterly Rock if she can make it past the mob, and she'll never see KL again.

damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cersei III AFFC

“No one wants rain,” said Cersei. For herself, she wanted sleet and ice, howling winds, thunder to shake the very stones of the Red Keep. She wanted a storm to match her rage. To Jocelyn she said, “Tighter. Cinch it tighter, you simpering little fool.”

Hopefully this quote along with the 'when your tears have drowned you' prophecy foreshadows Cersei/Euron :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2016 at 3:41 AM, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

I'm hoping Cersei will marry Dany. They both experimented with lesbian sex already, so it's been foreshadowed in the text. It also fits the prophecy, as Dany is "younger and more beautiful, to cast [Cersei] down" on the bed and have her way with her. Then they'll invite Jaime to join in (Dany needs an heir) and then Dany will "take all that [Cersei] hold dear" to the hilt.

Very perceptive. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Cersei/Euron stuff:

Quote

AFFC; Cersei IV

“That, and a lordship.” Unless Snow’s brothers hang you first. “A queen must have a consort. One who knows no fear.”

2 chapters later:

Quote

AFFC; The Drowned Man (Aeron II)

Who shall be king over us?” the priest cried once more, but this time his fierce black eyes found his brother in the crowd. “Nine sons were born from the loins of Quellon Greyjoy. One was mightier than all the rest, and knew no fear.”

He's talking about Victarion here, but it's Euron who becomes King, and I'd say he's obviously mightiest of Quellon's sons.

I guess technically these lines could point towards Dany/Euron rather than Cersei/Euron, but imo most foreshadowing points to a negative relationship between Dany and Euron, so I think this one is Cersei/Euron.  

Also as an aside, the 'knows no fear' bit is eerily similar to the Night's King tale.  Euron practices sorcery too.  I'm leaning towards him being the Night's King in this story.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×