Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

Just now, Commander Jon Snow said:

It was almost blatantly hinting at her marrying Jon. Her saying she needs a marriage for an alliance the same episode Jon gets crowned KitN. Like come on bruh

The White Wolf is a better title. The Mother of Dragons and The White Wolf. I think she will marry some one we haven't seen. Then we will come back here and bitch. 

I sorta hope that Dany turns out to be another "evil queen." She's invading with a slave army, dothraki rapers and murders, iron born rapers and murders, and Dorish out for extreme revenge. Without meaning to she's about to set westeros ablaze.

13 minutes ago, Cragen said:

How is marriage between aunt and nephew cliche?

Yes.  That is yucky.  But a marriage between the hero and heroine is cliche  As I said, the princess with the dragons marries the handsome prince and they defeat the ice zombies and bring peace and justice to the realm is not Game of Thrones.  There needs to be a way to make the inevitable more interesting and less cliche.

3 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

I sorta hope that Dany turns out to be another "evil queen." She's invading with a slave army, dothraki rapers and murders, iron born rapers and murders, and Dorish out for extreme revenge. Without meaning to she's about to set westeros ablaze.

Did you watch this show at all? Why would we call Ironborn and Dothraki rapers and murderers and don't call with same name westerosi. During WoFK Riverlands are set on fire, villages are burned to ground, hundreds are raped and tortured. For what? Just go back and look scene when Arya is in Harrenhall or Arya and Hound scenes from season one to see how civilized are westerosi.

Near everyone discards Robin Arryn as LF puppet. OK. What about LF himself? After Sansa Refusal, he will try to find another way to Iron Throne. I dont now, if he has any chance, but i am sure he will at some point try to become Dany's husband.

4 minutes ago, Petrus said:

Near everyone discards Robin Arryn as LF puppet. OK. What about LF himself? After Sansa Refusal, he will try to find another way to Iron Throne. I dont now, if he has any chance, but i am sure he will at some point try to become Dany's husband.

Tyrion, Varys and the Queen of Thorns, if they're alive by that point will say otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Petrus said:

Yeah, Littlefinger is running out of plays. His goal was to put Sansa in charge in the North so he could have 3 major regions with him but the North screwed up his plans by making Jon KitN. He doesn't have much leverage

Not to mention, Tyrion and Varys will never allow Dany to do something as stupid as marrying Littlefinger

2 minutes ago, illinifan said:

Yes.  That is yucky.  But a marriage between the hero and heroine is cliche  As I said, the princess with the dragons marries the handsome prince and they defeat the ice zombies and bring peace and justice to the realm is not Game of Thrones.  There needs to be a way to make the inevitable more interesting and less cliche.

It will be difficult to for TV show to express Jon's emotions when he find about his parentage, especially if he is married with Dany when he find out. So his mother and father run away or worst, his father kidnapped and rape his mother(I don't believe this, but Jon could.). Then as consequence of that his grandfather kill his another grandfather and his uncle, his father was killed, his brother and sister were killed, his mother died after giving birth to him, thousands died so he can be born. On top of that he is married with his aunt. He is not someone who is tout that incest is OK. This would be interesting thing to read, but on TV may look cheesy.

12 minutes ago, Cragen said:

Did you watch this show at all? Why would we call Ironborn and Dothraki rapers and murderers and don't call with same name westerosi. During WoFK Riverlands are set on fire, villages are burned to ground, hundreds are raped and tortured. For what? Just go back and look scene when Arya is in Harrenhall or Arya and Hound scenes from season one to see how civilized are westerosi.

You are totally right*, but people react very differently to foreign invaders than domestic. And I'm not so sure sure the Dothraki can be controlled. Armies and wars are terrible but they usually end. Dothraki pillaging and plundering is a way of life. I guess she could just bring them back to essos. But I wonder if Dany is unleashing the Dothraki on westeros forever. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I guess Yara promises to stop in Ep 10. So the Ironborn shouldn't be a problem.

*in fact one thing that shouldn't have been cut was some of the book stuff about the wolves being just as bad as the lion. There was one scene with Brienne and some Starkmen in S2 or S3 but that was all I remember.

4 minutes ago, Cragen said:

It will be difficult to for TV show to express Jon's emotions when he find about his parentage, especially if he is married with Dany when he find out. So his mother and father run away or worst, his father kidnapped and rape his mother(I don't believe this, but Jon could.). Then as consequence of that his grandfather kill his another grandfather and his uncle, his father was killed, his brother and sister were killed, his mother died after giving birth to him, thousands died so he can be born. On top of that he is married with his aunt. He is not someone who is tout that incest is OK. This would be interesting thing to read, but on TV may look cheesy.

Super plot for the emo boy, I demand a lengthy monologue of Jon Snow in the Hamlet style lmao

7 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

You are totally right*, but people react very differently to foreign invaders than domestic. And I'm not so sure sure the Dothraki can be controlled. Armies and wars are terrible but they usually end. Dothraki pillaging and plundering is a way of life. I guess she could just bring them back to essos. But I wonder if Dany is unleashing the Dothraki on westeros forever. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I guess Yara promises to stop in Ep 10. So the Ironborn shouldn't be a problem.

*in fact one thing that shouldn't have been cut was some of the book stuff about the wolves being just as bad as the lion. There was one scene with Brienne and some Starkmen in S2 or S3 but that was all I remember.

I don't think we will get much about Dotraki raping. If she send them back to Essos it will be dusch move.

Just now, Cragen said:

I don't think we will get much about Dotraki raping. If she send them back to Essos it will be dusch move.

I guess the show will just ignore it or have the Dothraki get pwnd by something (Euron while at sea, knights, WW and wights), but I think the Dothraki would be pissed if Dany tried to hand them some land in the westerlands to farm and herd on.

10 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Super plot for the emo boy, I demand a lengthy monologue of Jon Snow in the Hamlet style lmao

l love Hamlet and Shakespeare in general. I watched Hamlet couple of times and every time I enjoy it, so wouldn't mind that.

5 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

I guess the show will just ignore it or have the Dothraki get pwnd by something (Euron while at sea, knights, WW and wights), but I think the Dothraki would be pissed if Dany tried to hand them some land in the westerlands to farm and herd on.

It depends what historical inspiration for them is. If Mongols are then they wouldn't be, but if Huns are inspiration I can see them settle.

39 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

The show never cast Val. I'm sure it can't be the case in the books, but I don't see why D&D would not marry Jon to Dany. I feel D&D would like it, and would want it. And what else matters when D&D want something?

It'll probably happen in the books as well tbh. I doubt Val ends up being a major character in the story

2 hours ago, Cragen said:

How is marriage between aunt and nephew cliche?

I don’t know that it’s cliché, but it is certainly in keeping with standard Targaryen customs. Perhaps it is considered cliché to honor dynastic expectations.

The curious thing is that the “aunt-cousin” in question is actually nine months younger than her “nephew-cousin”. They didn’t grow up in the same household or anything — heck, they've never even met — so there's nothing the least bit odd about it, and since they’re Targaryens, the consanguinity factor of their marriage isn't at all uncommon. It's basically expected, even!

If you go back a little, you're find that Dany and FakeJon are also double-nth-cousins for n other than 1, too, of which the first occurrence after being double first cousins is also being double second cousins as well. Marrying cousins is simply what Targaryens commonly do, not to mention most of the world, both Westeros and our own world alike. 

And being related more than once to someone isn’t rare either. It’s like how Frodo and his “uncle” Bilbo were also each other’s first and second cousins (both once removed). They just didn't end up marrying. :)

It’s probably more sensible to just call all these complicated relations “cousin” and leave it at that.  

1 hour ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

It'll probably happen in the books as well tbh. I doubt Val ends up being a major character in the story

I'm not expecting her to be a POV. But I have very few doubts, in books, she will be Jon's wife, or whatever. I could imagine, with more or less acceptance, Sansa, Wylla Manderly, Lyanna Mormont, Arianne or any Sand Snake, Meera, Mya Stone or even Arya or Shireen. But not Daenerys, never Daenerys. She and Jon are not made to go along.

On 29. 6. 2016 at 3:09 AM, CrypticWeirwood said:

The Dragon Must Have Three Heads

Danaerys is the Aegon the Conqueror come again, so she must have two dragon-riding Targaryen husbands as he had two dragon-riding Targaryen wives.

Tyrion and FakeJon are the only possible candidates.

First of all there is no such a thing as two other dragonriders. Another is that she gains not so much by marrying Lannister. Only Tyrells and Martells would turn away from her. Good luck with succession in this case. Yep, there is a bigger chance Daeny falls from Drogon or Jon on his sword.

Archived