Do you know anyone who was surprised? *Spoiler*

When watching some reaction videos about ToJ and R+L=J "confirmation", nobody seemed even mildly surprised. I was wondering, does anyone now someone who actually did thought till the end that Jon was Eddards son and hadn't considered any other options, and how did they took this? :D

15 hours ago, Peter Haroski said:

Expect all these heroes in 9gag who now argue that R equals Robert and don't know who gave birth in the episode

So Robert would kill his own son if he knew? They have some pretty logic. Lmao

This might end all the debate, it's HBO website after all http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

On 6/28/2016 at 6:56 AM, Peter Haroski said:

When watching some reaction videos about ToJ and R+L=J "confirmation", nobody seemed even mildly surprised. I was wondering, does anyone now someone who actually did thought till the end that Jon was Eddards son and hadn't considered any other options, and how did they took this? :D

I don't personally know anybody, but I saw somebody online who said they still thought the baby was neds, even after the toj. A book reader had to explain it to them. And then of course hbo released another infographic, because they didn't do a good job of explaining things.

http://cdn.bgr.com/2016/06/game-of-thrones-infographic-jon-snow-parents.jpg?w=624

I think rhaegar should have made an appearance this season.

4 hours ago, brightflame princess said:

I don't personally know anybody, but I saw somebody online who said they still thought the baby was neds, even after the toj. A book reader had to explain it to them. And then of course hbo released ano

I think they were kind of torn, and aware of how known the theory was. So spelling it out completely would have been frustrating to the many that knew. So a subtle reveal was chosen. 

Their problem is that they didn't set it up enough. Rhaegar and Lyanna should have been mentioned more throughout the series, as with Robert's Rebellion in general. Rhaegar has barely been introduced as a character at all, and a massive amount of show-watchers that don't read theories online (and even many that do) are completely unaware of his existence.

The biggest confusion I have seen is people thinking Rhaegar is the mad king, or that Rhaegar is Viserys

I know a few people who haven't read the books that didn't even consider the possibility that Jon wasn't Ned's son, despite the obvious hints on the show.

They didn't seem to care too much about the revelation (or Jon's resurrection earlier in the season for that matter), which doesn't surprise me considering that only GRRM, D&D, and a screaming legion of Kit Harington fangirls seem infatuated with Jon Snow as a character.

6 hours ago, farm_ecology said:

I think they were kind of torn, and aware of how known the theory was. So spelling it out completely would have been frustrating to the many that knew. So a subtle reveal was chosen. 

Their problem is that they didn't set it up enough. Rhaegar and Lyanna should have been mentioned more throughout the series, as with Robert's Rebellion in general. Rhaegar has barely been introduced as a character at all, and a massive amount of show-watchers that don't read theories online (and even many that do) are completely unaware of his existence.

The biggest confusion I have seen is people thinking Rhaegar is the mad king, or that Rhaegar is Viserys

Yes he definitely should have been mentioned more. All the names that are mentioned get confusin. In the books it's different because you can see a name spelled out. I feel like it's easier to remember and see the differences between people when it's written down. On the show, faces are what the audience remembers, not names. Rhaegar should have appeared. Keeping my fingers crossed for next season.

The two people I watch the show with had already caught on to Lyanna being Jon's mother. How could they not after all the foreshadowing and emphasising of that particular relationship? They think Petyr knows as well.

But the father is a different story. Rhaegar has been mentioned a couple of times, but he's hardly a big presence in the show. It's also been so long since we've had that story about Robert killing all the little Targaryens that Lyanna's talk to Ned didn't really connect either.

Archived