Can Bran cross the Wall?

Shachath

I think the logic might might be a little more different than you think. I understand your logic, but I think it's safe to say that if Bran were to go over, go through or under the Wall, that the Wall itself would be safe. Think about how the Night King came to infiltrate the Three-Eyed Raven's haven: he had to find his exact location through magic in order to break the barrier keeping him and the White Walkers out. It's also safe to assume that the magic holding up the Wall is different from the magic that had once protected the Three-Eyed Raven's cave. So it might be that Bran can cross through, but if the Night King were to come to touching Bran again in a dream/greenvision, then possibly he could take down the Wall, if the Night King's power reaches to that extent. This is also assuming that the Horn of Joramun isn't the only thing that can take down the Wall.

2 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Major Security Alert!!!!!! All men to the coasts!!!! We all knew this day was coming....the White Walkers learned how to make boats. Game over.

Seriously though what the hell the WW can't be that dumb. Ice boats or something come on! I've always thought it was some sort of WW and old gods mythological clash with the Drowned God Mythology that prevented them from going sea born.

Part of Dany's vision in the HotU:  "A corpse standing at the prow of a ship with bright eyes and grey smiling lips." Perhaps they eventually do if Bran figures out he can't cross the Wall without bringing it down?

11 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

From the way Benjen explained it,  I got the impression that the Wall had a different kind of protection than the cave did. 

Benjen said nothing about the cave, but he did say "strong magic" was carved into the Wall's foundation. However, he did say a hell of a lot about what Bran saw.... about how he saw how the WW were made.

How did Benjen know that part? ("The Three-Eyed Raven sent for me.") We know that the Night King can insert him self into Bran's visions..... 

Benjen is under the Night King's control (against his will I hope.) nononononononononoooooooo!

On 28/06/2016 at 5:39 PM, Shachath said:

But given the mark that the Night's King has given to him, can he really do that?

Maybe the Night's King could GPS Bran because when He touched Bran he was IN the cave. Otherwise, why would the BR say to Bran 'You need to leave?' He wouldn't have said that if anywhere Bran would go, the Knight King would find him... anyways he wouldn't also say "Stay here boy! no matter where you go he will find you"... I mean, if the NK can GPS bran, since episode 5 why didn't they find them? 

Episode 5 : When Bran opened his eyes he said "they found us"... 

I dunno, but the 'Mark of the NK' thing came across as a major asspull to me, so if it turns out that this is what makes the White Walkers able to cross the Wall next season, I might actually flip a table...

Based on the writing of the last season, it's highly likely that Bran WILL go south of the wall to reunite with his siblings, and, in the process will allow the Night King and his followers to be able to enter the Seven Kingdoms. Plus, you have Jon Snow and the Brotherhood Without Banners already preparing for the Long Night 2. Also, I'm placing a lot of stock into that vision that Daenerys had back in Season 2, where she was in the snow-covered ruins of the Red Keep, and then she was at the Wall.

18 minutes ago, HookedOnSonics518 said:

Based on the writing of the last season, it's highly likely that Bran WILL go south of the wall to reunite with his siblings, and, in the process will allow the Night King and his followers to be able to enter the Seven Kingdoms. Plus, you have Jon Snow and the Brotherhood Without Banners already preparing for the Long Night 2. Also, I'm placing a lot of stock into that vision that Daenerys had back in Season 2, where she was in the snow-covered ruins of the Red Keep, and then she was at the Wall.

Yes, and....... it's more I think. 

Dany reaches for, but never touches the Iron Throne.

Burned out ruin of the Red Keep - more wildfire, or dragons? 

Snow falling - snow everywhere - Snow on the Iron Throne. Dany won't sit the Iron Throne, Jon will.

And her Sun & Stars, and a baby north of the Wall. 

On July 13, 2016 at 1:34 AM, ShadowKitteh said:

Part of Dany's vision in the HotU:  "A corpse standing at the prow of a ship with bright eyes and grey smiling lips." Perhaps they eventually do if Bran figures out he can't cross the Wall without bringing it down?

That seems more like Euron doesn't it? I do believe the wall must come down of course and seeing as it must be epic to satisfy the fan craving for a spectacle of a WW invasion they must find a way to bring the wall down that makes sense. The dead cannot pass due to magic built into its foundations as Benjen said. Therefore even if the WW unleashed all icy hell on that Wall and somehow knock it down, it won't negate the magic so the showrunners must address a magic nullification to appease sharp eyed fans. Seeing as there was no foreshadowing (I believe there was no foreshadowing so if there was please tell me) of the Horn of Winter which would have the power to bring the Wall down, the only logical way for the showrunners to bring the Wall down that makes sense is have Bran cross through to negate the magic and then assault the Wall. Does this make sense guys? Any other possibly more interesting possibilities? Also if the Night King possesses the Horn of Winter.... Can his undead lungs blow hard enough or are they only able to make the icy WW sounds....tough questions lol.

22 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

That seems more like Euron doesn't it? I do believe the wall must come down of course and seeing as it must be epic to satisfy the fan craving for a spectacle of a WW invasion they must find a way to bring the wall down that makes sense. The dead cannot pass due to magic built into its foundations as Benjen said. Therefore even if the WW unleashed all icy hell on that Wall and somehow knock it down, it won't negate the magic so the showrunners must address a magic nullification to appease sharp eyed fans. Seeing as there was no foreshadowing (I believe there was no foreshadowing so if there was please tell me) of the Horn of Winter which would have the power to bring the Wall down, the only logical way for the showrunners to bring the Wall down that makes sense is have Bran cross through to negate the magic and then assault the Wall. Does this make sense guys? Any other possibly more interesting possibilities? Also if the Night King possesses the Horn of Winter.... Can his undead lungs blow hard enough or are they only able to make the icy WW sounds....tough questions lol.

I'm absolutely of the mind that if Bran crosses the wall, he takes the magic with him like he did with the cave, so the foundation doesn't matter, and WW can freely go south......

.....Which is why wights aren't crawling up Bran & Meera's asses, even though they're not quite at the Wall, yet. I think it's by design. If The Night King can see into Bran's vision, and the Three Eye's Raven "called" Benjen, then surely the Night King can see into/through Benjen...to see Bran? Because the Night King wants Bran to go south of the Wall. NK needs MI5 spy to handle in the form of Benjen, because BranGPS™ isn't enough.

However....

....Since there are only 13ish episodes left, I'm thinking Meera realizes it, and convinces Bran. Bran believes her, and stays, and because the NK is in Bran's head, the NK heads towards the Wall with the Army of the Dead - to intimidate Bran into going south.

Bran knows the urgency, and has to get the info to Jon & Dany, ASAP to get men and dragons to come north, ASAP, so he goes into Heart Tree overload? So we can get the cast into place for The End Game. :bawl:

The NK can touch Bran... mark him... or is it more? Is it possible that the NK can turn Bran... slowly, and that ends up being Bran's fate? Becoming a WW, but by turning him it empowers Bran even more so he's able to self-sacrifice to wipe out the WW, and save the world? And that's how we get the ice dragon... oh wait, never mind...I need some sleep.  :blink:

So, if I am to understand the hypothesis here, the NK branded Bran, allowing them to set-up this immaculate ruse which had the wights nearly killing Bran and Meera. not once but twice. In doing so the NK lost one of is own. This was all done merely as a means to flush Bran from the cave and get him to cross the wall.

Sorry, I am just not buying it. Too many plot holes. What if the wights did get to Bran? What if Benjen didn't show up in time? Why aren't we being shown signs of the Others tracking and trailing Bran?

The magic that holds them North of the Wall will be broken, Just how, it is unknown to us at this time. But, it won't be Brann that allows them through, I am quite certain it will be by another means. Something to do with Craster's baby that was turned, perhaps.

And I have never understood why the NK just didn't freeze a portion of the sea and simply walk around the wall anyways, no ships needed.

Archived