So... what has S6 spoiled? (spoilers, obviously)

Nerevanin

So now that Season 6 is officially over, can we discuss what exactly were spoilers for the books. And what do we think that will happen in the books the same way? Or in a different way but with the same result? And what won't happen?

I'd say that there are surprisingly few spoilers, and I'd say they are:

- Jon somehow survives or comes back to life

- R+L=J, or at least that Jon is Lyanna's son

- the Hound is alive

- Benjen isn't lost forever, he will make an appearance, either as a corpse or as a living man

- the White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forest

- what Hodor's name means

- I think that the trial will happen in the books, but I think that Margaery will lose her trial and will be sent away or executed, Cersei will win the trial

- Tommen will probably die, just as Myrcella, Cersei will become the Queen

- Bran will leave the cave

- Arya will go back to Westeros, either on a mission by the FM or as a deserter

- Littlefinger will try to marry Sansa, outcome uncertain

What do you think? :)

And one thing that I seriously hope that it won't happen in the books is the Harpy. I hope that in the books it is an actual person, not an abstract concept that represents the nobility of Meereen / Yunkai / Astapor / all three combined.

I think it is like this:

- Jon survives or comes back to life and become King in the North

- Jon is Lyanna's son and possibly Rhaegar is his father

- Sandor is alive

- Benjen is not dead yet, but he is still not Ccoldhand in the book

- Children of the Forest created WW

- Hodor, Children of Forest, Summer, Jojen, 3 eyes raven... die (but we are not sure if Children of forest will extinct like in the show)

- Margaery, Tommen, Myrcella all die

-  Cersei will become the Queen

- Arya will go back to Westeros

- Sansa will not be sold into the Bolton. Littlefinger will try to make her Lady of Vale and lady of Winterfell, but how he will do that we are not sure.

On 6/28/2016 at 0:47 PM, Nerevanin said:

So now that Season 6 is officially over, can we discuss what exactly were spoilers for the books. And what do we think that will happen in the books the same way? Or in a different way but with the same result? And what won't happen?

I'd say that there are surprisingly few spoilers, and I'd say they are:

Hide contents

- the Hound is alive

- Benjen isn't lost forever, he will make an appearance, either as a corpse or as a living man

- I think that the trial will happen in the books, but I think that Margaery will lose her trial and will be sent away or executed, Cersei will win the trial

1 hour ago, Chib said:

I think it is like this:

- Jon survives or comes back to life and become King in the North

- Jon is Lyanna's son and possibly Rhaegar is his father

- Sandor is alive

- Benjen is not dead yet, but he is still not Ccoldhand in the book

- Children of the Forest created WW

- Hodor, Children of Forest, Summer, Jojen, 3 eyes raven... die (but we are not sure if Children of forest will extinct like in the show)

- Margaery, Tommen, Myrcella all die

-  Cersei will become the Queen

- Arya will go back to Westeros

- Sansa will not be sold into the Bolton. Littlefinger will try to make her Lady of Vale and lady of Winterfell, but how he will do that we are not sure.

I agree with most of what you guys said. I have to combine season 5 with this though: 

-Stannis will be defeated and killed and Shireen sacrificed ---but how and when I'm not sure. Maybe Jon meets back up with him for the assault after Jon's revival and Stannis dies trying to claim Winterfell? 

-the Battle of the Bastards happens - the name is too symbolic, it must

-Jon nearly dies by trample during the BoB --possibly watches Stannis die/Stannis sacrifices himself during trample to save Jon?

-Ramsey will betray and murder Roose and feed his younger brother to his dogs

-Ramsey will be defeated, and fed to his dogs---- but it will be Jeyne Poole who does it, not Sansa

-Jon will retake Winterfell  ------but Sansa will have no part in planning the attack, yet I think she will have a large part to do with why the Knights of the Vale travel north. I think she will receive word of the request for help and she will influence Sweet Robert to overrule the other lords of the Vale and send the KOV to assist Jon

-A Northern House will betray the Starks---------Davos will reach the Isle of Skagos, hunt for Rickon but only find Osha or some source who will tell him which House betrayed the Starks and took Rickon ---seems the most obvious choice is the Karstarks

-Rickon will be kidnapped and given to Ramsey

-Ramsey will kill Rickon in front of Jon before the Battle of the Bastards

-Davos will be part of the BoB ---i think he will fail in his mission to find Rickon, come back to the Wall in time for the major assault, and the point of his trip to find Rickon will not have actually been to find Rickon, but will end up being able to determine which Houses remain secretly loyal to House Stark

-Davos will pledge fealty to Jon

-Jon will be made King of the North---but may take Stannis' offer to be Jon Stark this time-setting up the inevitable reveal of his real name "Jahearys Targaryan"?

-the Blackfish will travel north to Winterfell---will serve as a linchpin to get the support of the Knights of the Vale to join Jon and retake WF--will then take the role of Master of Arms and train the new class of Stark knights--just like he trained the KOTV -just like Ser Barriston trained the new Targaryan knights for Dany ---not necessarily spoiled by the show, but the fact that they need someone to fill this role was made obvious to me when the Stark banners went up at Winterfell again and he seems the perfect person to do it

-Jaime will survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be involved

-Brienne will survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be involved 

-Lemmy Lemoncloak will NOT survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be the reason for this

-The Hound will encounter the BWB and be convinced to travel north -however, i think Septon Meribald will be with him when this happens and he will be the one to unite the Hound with the remaining BWB since Beric is dead at this point. I think Thoros and Septon Meribald will lead the BWB together and that the Hound will find companionship with the BWB that he has never had because they are all like him. This will happen after LSH is defeated

-LSH will be killed by Jaime or Brienne by using Oathbreaker --I am in the Jamie=A.A camp ***again, not a show spolier, but the fact that Brienne is headed north and Jaime returns to KL to find Cersei queen implies Jaime must survive and for that to happen LSH must not

-Brienne will travel back north towards Winterfell

-Walder Frey will be assassinated and the bulk if not all of the Frey line extinguished

-Margery will fake joining the Faith Militant

-Lady Olenna will be sent out of KL before it's too late

-Lady Olenna will meet with whoever rules Dorne --which I think will remain Prince Doran since his real motives are already revealed to the Sand Snakes

-Cersei will nuke KL with wildfire killing the High Sparrow and eradicating the power of the Faith Militant as well as Margery-though I think it's possible that Myrcella will also be an accidental causality of this further driving Cersei insane. She will blame others for Myrcella's death not herself. I think Loras might survive in the books.  

-Tommen will commit suicide as a result of Cersei's mass murder

-Cersei will claim the throne by force but have no kingdom to rule because of Jon's ascendance in the North, and the southern lords allegiance to the Targaryans

-Cersei will not tell Jaime about Tommen's death, he will find out by returning to KL in time to see her crowned

-Sam will steal Heartsbane 

-the Knights King will touch Bran in a vision allowing him to follow Bran south of the Wall

-Bran will see the Tower of Joy scene, learn Jon's identity and see the truth of Jaime's actions as Kingslayer this will confuse Bran as whether Jaime is an enemy or not

-Tyrion and Dany will meet

-Tyrion will free Rhaegal and Viserion---adding further speculation to the A+J=T theory/3 heads of the dragon theory though I do NOT expect an clear affirmation of his heredity to be made---though it IS possible that Barriston could affirm this (in fact I would LOVE a Barriston and Tyrion alliance)

-Tyrion will become Hand of the Queen

-Ser Barriston will die heroically --probably in the Battle of Meereen by the Sons of the Harpy

-Dany will gain support of all the Dothraki 

-Dany will gain control of Drogon

-Dany will return to the Battle of Meereen in time to save the day with dragons & dothraki

-Dorne and the Reach will ally with Dany --likely so will the Stormlands eventually

-Dany will form an alliance with House Greyjoy - or some factor representing it, -House Tyrell and House Martell

-Dany will leave Mereen and launch her invasion of Westeros  ---i suspect Daario will be killed by the Masters though since they already hold him, so it won't be Daario that Dany leaves behind to govern Meereen, it will be Missendei

On 28/6/2016 at 1:47 PM, Nerevanin said:

Hide contents

- the Hound is alive

I think R+L=J is definitely confirmed, and now even more since the image HBO uploaded showing who relates to whom.

Also, I believe Benjen is dead and not coming back (or maybe like a Wight, but not as we've seen him in the show), he only replaced Coldhands for show purposes. It's more interesting to have a recurring character than a complete stranger helping Bran (and yes, I don't believe Coldhands is Benjen in the books).

I also think the Vale coming to the rescue is going to happen and that'll lead to Sansa reuniting Jon (after he resurrects)

1 hour ago, CalvoHobbo said:

I agree with most of what you guys said. I have to combine season 5 with this though: 

-Stannis will be defeated and killed and Shireen sacrificed ---but how and when I'm not sure. Maybe Jon meets back up with him for the assault after Jon's revival and Stannis dies trying to claim Winterfell? 

-the Battle of the Bastards happens - the name is too symbolic, it must

-Jon nearly dies by trample during the BoB --possibly watches Stannis die/Stannis sacrifices himself during trample to save Jon?

-Ramsey will betray and murder Roose and feed his younger brother to his dogs

-Ramsey will be defeated, and fed to his dogs---- but it will be Jeyne Poole who does it, not Sansa

-Jon will retake Winterfell  ------but Sansa will have no part in planning the attack, yet I think she will have a large part to do with why the Knights of the Vale travel north. I think she will receive word of the request for help and she will influence Sweet Robert to overrule the other lords of the Vale and send the KOV to assist Jon

-A Northern House will betray the Starks---------Davos will reach the Isle of Skagos, hunt for Rickon but only find Osha or some source who will tell him which House betrayed the Starks and took Rickon ---seems the most obvious choice is the Karstarks

-Rickon will be kidnapped and given to Ramsey

-Ramsey will kill Rickon in front of Jon before the Battle of the Bastards

-Davos will be part of the BoB ---i think he will fail in his mission to find Rickon, come back to the Wall in time for the major assault, and the point of his trip to find Rickon will not have actually been to find Rickon, but will end up being able to determine which Houses remain secretly loyal to House Stark

-Davos will pledge fealty to Jon

-Jon will be made King of the North---but may take Stannis' offer to be Jon Stark this time-setting up the inevitable reveal of his real name "Jahearys Targaryan"?

-the Blackfish will travel north to Winterfell---will serve as a linchpin to get the support of the Knights of the Vale to join Jon and retake WF--will then take the role of Master of Arms and train the new class of Stark knights--just like he trained the KOTV -just like Ser Barriston trained the new Targaryan knights for Dany ---not necessarily spoiled by the show, but the fact that they need someone to fill this role was made obvious to me when the Stark banners went up at Winterfell again and he seems the perfect person to do it

-Margery will fake joining the Faith Militant

-Lady Olenna will be sent out of KL before it's too late

-Lady Olenna will meet with whoever rules Dorne --which I think will remain Prince Doran since his real motives are already revealed to the Sand Snakes

-Cersei will nuke KL with wildfire killing the High Sparrow and Margery-though I think it's possible that Myrcella will be an accidental causality of this further driving Cersei insane. She will blame others for this not herself. i think Loras might survive in the books.  

-Tommen will commit suicide as a result of Cersei's mass murder

-Jaime will survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be involved

-Brienne will survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be involved 

-Lemmy Lemoncloak will NOT survive the trap set by LSH--the Hound may be the reason for this

-The Hound will encounter the BWB and be convinced to travel north -however, i think Septon Meribald will be with him when this happens and he will be the one to unite the Hound with the remaining BWB since Beric is dead at this point. I think Thoros and Septon Meribald will lead the BWB together and that the Hound will find companionship with the BWB that he has never had because they are all like him. This will happen after LSH is defeated

-LSH will be killed by Jaime or Brienne by using Oathbreaker --I am in the Jamie=A.A camp ***again, not a show spolier, but the fact that Brienne is headed north and Jaime returns to KL to find Cersei queen implies Jaime must survive and for that to happen LSH must not

-Brienne will travel back north towards Winterfell

-Walder Frey will be assassinated and the bulk if not all of the Frey line extinguished

-Dany will gain support of all the Dothraki 

-Dany will return to the Battle of Meereen in time to save the day with dragons & dothraki

-Dorne and the Reach will ally with Dany --likely so will the Stormlands eventually

-Cesei will eradicate the faith militant

-Cersei will claim the throne by force but have no kingdom to rule because of Jon's ascendance in the North, and the southern lords allegiance to the Targaryans

-Cersei will not tell Jaime about Tommen's death, he will find out by returning to KL in time to see her crowned

-Sam will steal Heartbane 

-the Knights King will touch Bran in a vision allowing him to follow Bran south of the Wall

-Bran will see the Tower of Joy scene, learn Jon's identity and see the truth of Jaime's actions as Kingslayer this will confuse Bran as whether Jaime is an enemy or not

-Tyrion and Dany will meet

-Tyrion will free Rhaegal and Viserion---adding further speculation to the A+J=T theory/3 heads of the dragon theory though I do NOT expect an clear affirmation of his heredity to be made---though it IS possible that Barriston could affirm this (in fact I would LOVE a Barriston and Tyrion alliance)

-Tyrion will become Hand of the Queen

-Ser Barriston will die heroically --probably in the Battle of Meereen by the Sons of the Harpy

-Dany's will form an alliance with House Greyjoy - or some factor representing it, -House Tyrell and House Martell

-Dany will leave Mereen and launch her invasion of Westeros  ---i suspect Daario will be killed by the Masters though since they already hold him, so it won't be Daario that Dany leaves behind to govern Meereen, it will be Missendei

Couple of thing on your list:

I believe QoT already not in KL in the books. We have other Tyrells there Margaery's brother Garlan and father Mace.

I don't think Margaery will fake joining Faith Militant in the books, wasn't she already released in TDWD after Tyrells brought in the army to KL?

Ser Barriston will most likely die of plague before or at the moment of Dany's return

Tyrion will NOT free the two dragons. They are already free and rampaging around Maureen. Quentin Martell freed them and they fried him in thanks.

Tyrion will not become the Hand of the Queen now, he will join in to her army and maybe will become closer to her later when they are in Westeros

Dany might form alliance with House Greyjoy - Victarion not Theon/Asha-Yara, who are still stuck in the North. Unless Victarion tries to steal her dragons with his horn.

Martells will NOT form alliance with Dany, Quentin made sure of that. They might be forming alliance with fAegon if there will be another Dance of Dragons, but after Arianne dies, Doran will refuse any alliance with Targs. He will die of broken heart. Ellaria will not become crazy bloodthirty revenge monster she is in the show. 

Missendei will not be left in the charge of Maureen since she is barely 12 years old in the books. Agree that Daario will die. Either killed by his hostage-takers or reveal himself as traitor to Dany.

Rickon will not survive Skagos. 

18 minutes ago, Masha said:

Tyrion will NOT free the two dragons. They are already free and rampaging around Maureen. Quentin Martell freed them and they fried him in thanks

Actually, they didn't fry him.  They barbecued him.

1 hour ago, CalvoHobbo said:

Wow, what an exhausting post!

A couple of thoughts, excluding what Masha already pointed out:

- I don't think that Ramsay will be fed to dogs in the books, although it would be a kind of symbolic, it screams "SHOW" to me, but I might be wrong. But atm I don't see anyone around Winterfell, who would do it, Jeyne definitely wouldn't imo.

- I think that either Jaime or Brienne will survive LSH, but not both, although I would love them to survive and fall in love and have a baby.

- I don't really see the Hound joing BWB.

- I think that the Cersei doing wildfire and her children death might happen in the reverse order, as some suggested before E10 - Tommen and Myrcella will die and Cersei sinks so deep into her madness that she pulls an Aerys and tries to "burn them all" as a revenge, Jaime might stop her.

- Daario is a walking corpse already, imo.

- I am afraid that the meeting of Tyrion and Dany is inevitable.

- Considering the Ashford theory, I don't think that the Vale will join Jon/Stannis/both/whoever in a battle against the Boltons - LF is sitting in safety in the Vale and he doesn't seem to intent to change it anytime soon. I can see him trying to support fAegon, once again because of the Ashford theory.

- I think that Summer might survive, Shaggydog's fate depends on Rickon's whereabouts but either way I think that he will last longer than in the books.

1 hour ago, Masha said:

Couple of thing on your list:

I believe QoT already not in KL in the books. We have other Tyrells there Margaery's brother Garlan and father Mace.

Tyrion will NOT free the two dragons. They are already free and rampaging around Maureen. Quentin Martell freed them and they fried him in thanks.

Missendei will not be left in the charge of Maureen since she is barely 12 years old in the books.

15 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Wow, what an exhausting post!

A couple of thoughts, excluding what Masha already pointed out:

- I don't think that Ramsay will be fed to dogs in the books, although it would be a kind of symbolic, it screams "SHOW" to me, but I might be wrong. But atm I don't see anyone around I don't see anyone around Winterfell, who would do it, Jeyne definitely wouldn't imo.

Thanks @Masha for pointing those out. I had forgotten about Olenna's whereabouts. For some reason I also thought that the dragons stayed in the dungeon after Quentin got torched. I didn't remember clearly reading that they escaped after that but I'll take your word for it.

With regard to Missendei, I'm aware that she's only 12, but how old is Daenerys in the books? 13? 14? But I'm not so sure the age of a child in this story is as critical as it is in our world. I'm still not convinced that age works in a 365 day calendar like in our world either. So 14 in ASOIAF could be 16 to us, who knows? But Missendei has proven to be incredibly wise beyond her years, Dany doesn't really need a translator in Westeros, and ANYONE she puts in charge will be respected because it's coming from the Mother of Dragons. I'd also like to point out that i think the idea of putting someone in charge only temporarily while we transition the governments as Dany said to Daario is an important distinction of this role. I could imagine someone like Barriston (if he does live) to remain to protect her though so we don't see a repeat of Yunkai and Astapor.  

@Nerevanin I don't think that the Ramsey dog death screams show. The books have been foreshadowing that the whole time. I think the dogs are as critical to his character as his methods of torture. What other death could be fitting enough for him other than being flayed by Theon? The more detail we get about the dogs, like how they are named for example, the more likely I think it is that they are going to rip him apart. But in the books, I see him naming them one by one to tell them to stop and back down. I think that's a little more fitting because then it's almost like each of those girls gets to warg into the dogs to get their own revenge on him. You may be right about Jeyne Poole, but my guess is it's her that does it because Sansa replaced her on the show, and we know from her own account how bad he brutalized her. 

Roose, Walda, Hodor, Osha, Lancel all meet identical deaths

Doran is Killed in the same way but by Euuron after he refuse to marry his Daughter off to Him

Mace, Marger are both Killed In the expolisan except Alarie and Willas are also Presnet and are Killed, Loras is later strangled by Lady Stonehart 

Mycella dies from a Sickness and Insead Tommen is the One who gets poisned by the Sand Snakes

Shareen and Sylesse are Killed by Ramseys 20 good men and Instead Edric Storm (who has been summoned back) is Sacrificed  

Rickon is Killed in a Simmilar way except the Crosses are Lit with Fire so he actualy burns screaming

Trystane who is Bethoead to Snasa Stark after Mycella death is Put Into a Cell and is Eated alive by a Cannabistic Guard called Pog

Ramsey is killed in the same way but its Theon who kills him not sansa

I can see, in the books, Stannis winning the initial battle on the ice (Crofters' village). He'll then get to Winterfell and try to set up a siege but obviously supply lines are a huge problem here.

I think Shireen will be burned by Melisandre at the Wall without Stannis' consent. The only other option is that Melisandre brings Shireen to Stannis' camp near Winterfell (but how can she travel during winter?) and that the situatoin is so hopeless that he truly sees no other way (as in: Shireen is gonna die anyway, might as well burn her to possibly save us). Then again, there seems to be no rule that the victim actually has to burn to death so I can see a mercy killing (like Jon with Mance) happening. It's kind of stupid that the show didn't do this (but of course they were going for shock factor mostly).

Then, possibly near the end of book 6 I can see Jon joining Stannis (or the remnants of his army), possibly with reinforcements from Skagos/Davos and some other Northern houses for a final assault on Winterfell. Stannis will probably be killed during this assault.

Having said all this, I think it's clear the books could be completely different from the show. I can even see GRRM deliberately changing the books now. If he doesn't like the show (and several comments from him seem to suggest that); I would purposefully make big changes in my books if I were him.

I think plots need some de-D&D-fication.

- Dany will be back on or shortly after the Battle of Meereen and will use Victarion's ships to go to Westeros.  Victarion may or may be not there to see it.  Tyrion will join her.  Jorah doesn't.

-Selmy will die before the ships sail. Maybe during the battle, maybe because of the plague.

-the Hound is alive and something might trigger him to go back on the road.

-Rickon will not be around too much, if he makes it out of Skagos (if he is really there).

-Bran's training might be cut abruptly, forcing him to leave the cave.

-Coldhands, not Benjen, will be there helping him again.

I think the northern plot of the show (Jon, Stannis, Boltons, northern Houses, Wildlings, NW, Sansa) will play out very different, with only Jon's resuscitation as point in common.

I think the only real spoilers are the cotf creating the others, which has been a long held theory anyway, and hold the door, again a long held theory though not as popular.

On  secondary level Sandor being alive(most considered that a fact anyway)

Bran leaving the cave(hotly debated but imo obvious)

Jon being brought back is a given, though I guess it counts.  Same with Myrcella and Tommen, we all know it's coming we just don't know how and when.

The Norths plot will be completely different because Stannis will defeat the Freys etc in the upcoming battle, and I don't think we can count on Arya killing Walder and his sons.  Maybe she stood in for Lady Stoneheart.  Same go's with the Vale, no nonsense about Sansa being brought north, and no sandsnake rebellion in Dorne.  The Iron Islands plot is obv much different too.

The Children created the White Walkers

Melisandre is centuries old

Stannis is not Azor Ahai.

Jon Snow is resurrected

R+L=J

Hold the Door

Cerise sets fire to King's Landing

Euron is the one who killed Balon

This spoiler is confirmed in Aeron's released chapter.

Benjen is alive

The Hound is alive

The Starks return and are pronounced King/Queen in the North. Whether it's Jon, Rickon, or Sansa remains to be seen

Tyrion becomes Hand of the Queen

Dany wins the Battle of Fire and sets sail shortly after

Bran becomes the Three Eyed Raven

The only spoiled thing(s) that matter in the cosmology of planetos are

1 - How the WW came to be

2- Rhollor priests (not just the one) can resurrect.

I find this pretty disappointing, i hope all the rest is coming next and that all cosmology is not left out because it's hard to fit in the show

Seasons 5 and 6 have created an Alternate Universe Song of Ice and Fire (one might say all 6 seasons have ).
We have only two that GRRM 'confirmed' , taking their word for it, George has said nothing about that, I guess?

We have some 'deductions' from the page story that seem to fit the Next Narrative.

We have a couple of Major deviations and an uncountable number of minor ones.

We have deviations which may come true in totally different ways in the next two books.

In fact the only thing predictable , that should not change, is a HUGE EVENT , which happens probably in Dream, but could in Winds of Winter.

We have a whole bunch of Not-Spoilers and I think the show story will be so parallel-universe deviated there is no worry about another spoiler until season 8.

On 28 giugno 2016 at 6:47 PM, Nerevanin said:
  Hide contents

- the Hound is alive

this = agree

this = sitting on the fence (it may happen or not; I'm not sure in what book)

6 hours ago, Survivor92 said:

I can even see GRRM deliberately changing the books now.

Same. Not necessarily huge changes, but just like 'this outcome can realistically be obtained in these 5 ways… they picked 1, let's pick one amongst 2,3,4,5 and write it better than they did".

Anyway, the dialogues are gonna be free of the typical tv-show rethoric. 

On 30. 6. 2016 at 6:26 PM, Trudee said:

Roose, Walda, Hodor, Osha, Lancel all meet identical deaths

Doran is Killed in the same way but by Euuron after he refuse to marry his Daughter off to Him

Mace, Marger are both Killed In the expolisan except Alarie and Willas are also Presnet and are Killed, Loras is later strangled by Lady Stonehart 

Mycella dies from a Sickness and Insead Tommen is the One who gets poisned by the Sand Snakes

Shareen and Sylesse are Killed by Ramseys 20 good men and Instead Edric Storm (who has been summoned back) is Sacrificed  

Rickon is Killed in a Simmilar way except the Crosses are Lit with Fire so he actualy burns screaming

Trystane who is Bethoead to Snasa Stark after Mycella death is Put Into a Cell and is Eated alive by a Cannabistic Guard called Pog

Ramsey is killed in the same way but its Theon who kills him not sansa

That's a lot of guessing and details without anything to actually rely on imo. I can't even them if you are sarcastic or not. But hoping that, I want to clarify a few things:

1) Euron wants to marry Daenerys, why would he ask Doran for Arianne atm? The only possibility is later, like a lot later, when Euron finds out that Victarion failed to kidnap Dany or something like that.

2) Atm Loras is presumably near death in Dragonstone (or maybe Storm's End, I can't remember atm). That's a long way to go from the Riverlands. I don't see him going there after recovering, he'll surely stay by his sister's side. Why would LSH, who seems to be lead by a blind rage, even kill Loras? He is not a Frey, not a Bolton, not a Lannister, he is Tyrell who had nothing to do with Red Wedding.

3) Shireen and Selyse are on the Wall in the books, a bit out of reach of Ramsay's 20 good men. And the current whereabouts of Edric are unknown. Probably not even Davos knows where he is atm.

4) Sansa is currently engaged to Harry the Arse. Harry will probably meet a fatal accident soon, that's true. But than there is Littlefinger, who wants Sansa for himself. And than there is a thing called the Ashford theory. Plus Doran is still pretending to be a friend of the Crown, engaging his son to Sansa would make him a traitor immediately.

On 30. 6. 2016 at 6:52 PM, Survivor92 said:

I can see, in the books, Stannis winning the initial battle on the ice (Crofters' village). He'll then get to Winterfell and try to set up a siege but obviously supply lines are a huge problem here.

I can see this happen as well tbh, I really think that Stannis might win this battle.

On 30. 6. 2016 at 9:08 PM, ivosan said:

I think the northern plot of the show (Jon, Stannis, Boltons, northern Houses, Wildlings, NW, Sansa) will play out very different, with only Jon's resuscitation as point in common.

Agree. Jon's resurrection might also happen later - from a bit later to much later - because of the emphasis on warging and second life of wargs in ADWD. In the show he was resurrected mere hours after his death.

On 30. 6. 2016 at 9:17 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I think the only real spoilers are the cotf creating the others, which has been a long held theory anyway, and hold the door, again a long held theory though not as popular.

Wait, there was a theory before that Hodor's name means "hold the door"? :eek:

Archived