Your crackpot theories based on the TV Series

xjlxking

In the books I enjoy the theories that have Bran being ultimately in league with the NK or (possibly unintentionally) helping him somehow.  In the show, they could still do a version of this.  Bran has the mark of the Night's King which nullified the magic protections around the 3eye crow weirwood - maybe Benjen and the three eye crow intend Bran to bring down the wall's magics as well by crossing it with the NK's mark, thus allowing the NK to cross and wipe out humanity.

Another one I have is about Dany's marriage prospects, which I think are going to be very different show vs books.  I didn't think of it before, but there are basically four people in Westeros that are worth Dany attempting to lure with marriage.  AKA the guys who have large armies following them.

1) Jon is the one everyone thinks of, but I think that's too easy... or too endgame.  She's not going north to start with.

2) Euron has already been rejected as a marriage candidate in favor of his rival Yara.

3) Robyn Arryn/Littlefinger.  Possible.  But, I think unlikely.  I don't think LF will ever marry anyone besides Sansa.  And Robyn is probably dead meat.  

4) Which leaves only Jaime Lannister, who is Lord of Casterley Rock and at the head of a relatively intact Lannister army. Seriously, Jaime is by far the best prospect Dany has for marriage, assuming that Jaime abandons the Mad Queen to rule King's Landing and returns to turtle up in CR / declares independence.  And since she has Tyrion who still loves Jaime, and accepts that Jaime had good reason to kill Aerys, she might not execute him.  Thus, by the end of Season 7, Dany truly becomes the more beautiful queen who takes EVERYTHING from Cersei and Jaime kills her himself, or Tyrion does (Valonquar).  

The best thing about Dany - Jaime alliance is how juicy it makes interactions with both Dany's current allies (Dorne hates him for being a Lannister, Tyrells associate him with Cersei and thus hate him) and the North later on (since Jaime tried to kill Bran and people hate him because they associate him with Tywin).  Perhaps Jaime takes the black or is executed by Jon because of Bran and then Tyrion gets CR in the end.  

My theories for the next season of GoT...

-  I don't see Danys massive force as it is now surviving long...something as simple as trying to sail around the smoking seas takes out more than half

- Euron going for Cersei needs to happen / she agrees as long as Euron bends to her and he does and this causes Jaime to go back to CR and declare himself Lord Lannister and takes the Freys lands as well giving them to Bronn

- TKinN and his group are fighting the WW off at Winterfell when the NK just leaves them and heads south...Jon watches helplessly as he sees the WW marching South where he sent Sansa...

- Bran is at an almost empty Castle Black struggling to find a way to defeat NK when Sam shows up with some knowledge that can help end Winter early

- Jorah gets the black arm the other guy in the book got and heads West looking for Danys and Daairo of course tags along

- Whats left of Danys forces land in Dorne - where a massive revolt is happening - cause Danys aint getting anywhere fast the next season either lol

- Brienne is with Sansa who is back in The Vale trying to play the game

ok think that's about 7 episodes worth of stuff happening but nothing really happening...because until GRRM shits out the next book the show is stuck...now is GRRM breaks Xmas and gets the book out in December then the show is gonna be fun!

I think somehow jon will hear about dany and her dragons and try to convince her to join the white walker fight. Unless her vision of the snow covered throne room is correct, in which case it may already be too late. 

I also really want to believe there are dragon eggs or dragons in the winterfell crypts, but the show doesn't really support this at all. 

On 6/30/2016 at 4:54 PM, GilletteMace said:

brienne and tormund will ship

sansa and tyrion will ship

jon and dany will ship

bran will fly away

arya will out as lesbian and marry yara

sweetrobin will hear the truth about the death of his mother and let LF fly

arya will kill cersei

the night king will win the game of thrones

Okay, I would be fine will all those ships panning out but hey something has to go wrong lol  However, I do think that the Sweetrobing thing has merit.  I have concentrated too much on Sansa and Tyrion exchanging notes on LF's antics and joining forces against him but hey yes, Sansa also knows about Lysa's death...  I reckon between the lot of them they are going to blackmail him like crazy.  In the books he is hoarding food for the winter, in the show at the very least he controls the Vale's armies.  They are going to make him do whatever they want and then yeah, eventually he will fly...

18 hours ago, The_Iron_Bastard said:

Everyone will underestimate Littlefinger, who now controls the largest single army in the North. Hes gonna stir some serious shit.

Bran will encounter Jaime Lannister in front of fam, accuse him of attempted murder, at which point Brienne will have to kill Jaime. It would be a very heavy scene emotionally. This will probably happen after Jaime is sent North to fight the Starks who will be like 'Your timing sucks' and they're both forced to fight off the Whitewalkers together.

Theon will forge an alliance with the North, who will face off against the Whitewalkers (who really dont like fire and creatures that breath fire and oh yea...they have no defense against dragons, so in a fucked up twist of fate one of the dragons will be turned into a whiteflyer). Theon's uncle will die quickly. "build me a thousand ships!"....on an island with no trees.

Riverrun and the Iron Islands will be a larger source of contention than King's Landing.

I dont have a theory on it, but I'm really excited to see what part the Hound plays in all of this.

Actually re Bran yeah... he has dabble into the past enough... is he ever going to see how he came to "fall through the window?"  It would be interesting to see this if 1. Jaime is finally sort of redeemed and hooks up with Brienne; 2.  Sansa/Tyrion reunite and decide to give their marriage a proper go and Tyrion forgives Jaime.  Poor Jamie lol especially if Arya gets to find out and is around at the time lol, but seriously... yes, why hasn't he looked into his fall...  Would he had become the 3ER had that not happened though???

I believe Jon sent Melisandre on mission. The whole conversation between them and Davos seemed fishy like Jon was up to something. Plus he watched her ride off which made it seem as if he was hoping for her safety. I'm guessing when he told her to ride South he wanted her to go to Storm's End to recruit the Baratheon force still there in hopes she can persuade them to support his cause. 

Apologies if this has been brought up but I've had a thought about the Cersei/Jaime deaths and couldn't find any other relevant threads.

Obviously Brans visions are now confirmed as a mix of both past and future. The wildfyre at KL is proof of this. 

What if the shadows on the wall vision of 'Jaime killing the Mad King' is actually Jaime killing Cersei in the future? Or better yet, Cersei killing Jaime?

Given the prophecy so far coming true and Cersei's mental state deteriorating I think she could try and kill both brothers (Tyrions en route to KL with Dany), in order to halt the Valonqar part of the prophecy prior to its reckoning. 

I like the idea (that someone else suggested) that 3ER whispered at Aerys, causing him to burn KL.

I further suggest that 3ER heard Rickard Stark plotting against the King as part of his Southron ambitions, with Lyanna's betrothal to Robert and Brandon's betrothal to Catelyn Tully as the lynchpins. 3ER whispers to Aerys about this and Aerys dispatches Rhaegar to break up the alliance by seducing Lyanna,  which he does. Aerys also takes the opportunity to get rid the conspiracy once and for all by killing Rickard and Brandon too. He then demands Robert's head because he is part of the conspiracy. He's not sure if Tywin is involved, but knows that Tywin once wanted Jaime to marry Lysa Tully, so he names Jaime to the KG to neutralize that threat.

All of which is to say that Aerys was the injured party and was almost successful in stopping. Rather than being the Mad King, with the support of 3ER, he played the Game very well.

On 7/2/2016 at 1:34 PM, brightflame princess said:

I think somehow jon will hear about dany and her dragons and try to convince her to join the white walker fight. Unless her vision of the snow covered throne room is correct, in which case it may already be too late. 

I also really want to believe there are dragon eggs or dragons in the winterfell crypts, but the show doesn't really support this at all. 

I think her seeing the throne with snow will show that she is needed elsewhere. 

All Stark heads of household MUST be buried in a crypt in winterfell or they will reanimate and try to bring about the long night. That is why so much is made of the crypts and not so much everyone else who dies.  The first WW was a Stark. Stark blood runs through their veins. Benjen is still alive and that has something to do with it. The original Nights King was a Stark. Starks are like werewolves and have forgotten their powers.

Archived