Name That Snow!

Lady Blizzardborn

On 7/7/2016 at 2:31 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I can also see Daeron. The Young Dragon was Jon's hero and much like Daeron the Good, who brought Dorne into the Realm, Jon will bring the Free Folk.

I was thinking of Breakspear. 

If Rhaegar hadn't gave him a Targ name he would most likely named him after his best friend Arthur.

Good thoughts on Daeron and Arthur.

Breakspear was by far the better Baelor, certainly. Shame he died before becoming king.

22 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Breakspear was by far the better Baelor, certainly. Shame he died before becoming king.

True. As Valarr said; 

My father was only nine-and-thirty. He had it in him to be a great king, the greatest since Aegon the Dragon. 

He would had been a great King. However I believe that the Rogue Prince would had been that the Targs needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 6:20 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Okay I'll start...

Now, I could say something like Jaehaerys (as is a popular theory at the moment based on lip-reading) or Aemon because it would be funny if Jon is in fact Aemon Targaryen, but I'm going to go ironic/tragic instead.

Why is anyone using the show to discuss book theories?! People, seriously. The show has absolutely no bearing on the books. It has almost nothing to do with the books at this point. They are just making up any crap they like. Haven't you realized that already?

I can't think of anything fun, but if you want a serious answer: Aemon. It just seems right, because:

1) Rhaegar was pen pals with Maester Aemon,

2) Aegon and Aemon - it just goes together (Jon would have been the youngest brother of Rhaenys and Aegon). Hopefully more like Egg and Maester Aemon, not Aegon IV and the Dragonknight.

3) Jaenaerys was the greatest king of Westeros, but Jon was not meant to be the king, at the time Rhaegar and Lyanna would have been discussing names. His half-brother Aegon was.

4) Aemon the Dragonknight was the most celebrated knight of his time. Just like Arthur Dayne, Rhaegar's best friend.

5) Aemon the Dragonknight was also Jon's idol.

6) Jon's relationship with Maester Aemon. It would be fitting and ironic.

7) That line in the books when Jon thinks about himself: "But he was no Aemon Targaryen".

I propose that Rhaegar decided to try and undo some of the damage done by his ungrateful father, and name his son....Tywin Targaryen. This is tragic of course because Tywin would go on to have Rhaegar's other children brutally murdered. Fits pretty well with Rhae Rhae having knighted Gregor too.

LMAO Nope. No way in hell would Rhaegar or Lyanna wanted to name their child Tywin. Rhaegar probably didn't know what Gregor was like when Gregor was just 15 or 16. But Tywin was already known to be a terrible, cruel person - Rains of Castamere, anyone?

I wouldn't be surprised if they said on the show that he was named Tywin, D&D they worship Tywin. Or maybe they'd name him something like Maegor, just to mess with book readers, and because they love total nonsense like that.

1 hour ago, Annara Snow said:

Why is anyone using the show to discuss book theories?! People, seriously. The show has absolutely no bearing on the books. It has almost nothing to do with the books at this point. They are just making up any crap they like. Haven't you realized that already?

I can't think of anything fun, but if you want a serious answer: Aemon. It just seems right, because:

<snip

LMAO Nope. No way in hell would Rhaegar or Lyanna wanted to name their child Tywin. Rhaegar probably didn't know what Gregor was like when Gregor was just 15 or 16. But Tywin was already known to be a terrible, cruel person - Rains of Castamere, anyone?

I wouldn't be surprised if they said on the show that he was named Tywin, D&D they worship Tywin. Or maybe they'd name him something like Maegor, just to mess with book readers, and because they love total nonsense like that.

Annara, this thread is not in the Books Only forum, and it's not in the Show Only forum. It's in the Forum Games section for a very good reason...it's a game. We aren't discussing book theories. We're having fun. Playing. 

For the record, I've known that books are better than screen adaptations of them 99% of the time, since I was in single digits. Yes, I'm aware of how the show is going. And I agree about Aemon.

Of course they wouldn't name him Tywin. That suggestion wasn't serious. Serious is not remotely required in this game, per the introductory post. 

If you'd like to stick around and play the game, you are very welcome to do so. 

Archived