Theory in Dany's potential story line

I think the final ending to Game of Thrones will see Sansa ruling. Based on a recent theory video by Amanda Joy on youtube she explains why she believes from history which Martins book is based, that in the end Sansa will be ontop as do I since Sansa represents Elizabeth I. Now I thought about Dany and who she represented: This is what I came up with....

I think the bitter sweet ending is that Dany who we so long root for will not end up on the throne in the very end the way we think...heres why:

People say Dany represents Henry Tudor, exiled prince during the War of The Roses who returns and claims the throne, however, I think she represents more fittingly Mary Queen of Scots because both Dany and Mary were born in their home country (Westeros/Scotland) but raised elsewhere across the (sea/channel) in (Essos/France) in exile due to political unrest back home, both were in power in these distant lands (Queen of Meereen/Ruled in France beside Francis), Both amass armies and ships to take back their home...

Dany married out of political gain (Drogo from Essos), where as Mary was wed to (Francias of France) for political reasons, both men were rulers in their land and both died from by being poisoned (Not confirmed but many think Francis was assassinated instead of sick), Mary's second husband is (killed by hanging after house is destroyed), Dany's second Hizdar was (killed on tv version by being stabbed after city was ransacked)....

and in history Mary was "kidnapped" by a man who was well versed with the sea and was said to hold the (scepter/or aka Dragon horn) with offerings of protection, political stability as well as destruction of enemies... Mary's kidnapper has a (great navy) and his GoT counterpart has a great (iron fleet #2) and got Mary to wed him for Political gain (GoT counterpart will try to marry Dany: if he can get around Yara/Theon) but come to find out (James Hepburn/Euron Greyjoy) who was (Duke of Orkeny islands/King of Iron Isles) was working behind Queens back and is bad and in Mary's case he ends up being arrested and going insane in swedish prison...so how that translates in GoT idk but not a good future for Euron.

So after this I believe that Sansa will, with Jon either gonna be dead again from sarifice or focused on WW, be in power in North and must deal with Dany spreading influence and power, but somehow I believe Drogon will die and Dany will be killed by the Westrosi natives because Dany's policy are too exotic much like Mary's policies was different...= people revolted Mary was imprisoned and later executed, they revolted becasue Mary ruled like she was in France/much like Dany would rule like she was still in Meereen

It's bitter sweet because we root for the underdog rising to power and taking back what is hers but in the end she loses - though Mary tech one in the end as her son took the throne of all of scotland, wales, ireland* and england at the time...tho Dany's child died but if she has another than that child will end up on throne like (James Stuart/Dany Child #2?), but if not another child then Sansa will end up ruling or being placed in power somehow over whatever is left after the great war between Ice/Fire...this is just a theory based on history and how I see season 7-8 playing out...let me know what you think, thanks.

Born in north central Mongolia around 1162, Genghis Khan was originally named "Temujin" after a Tatar chieftain that his father, Yesukhei, had captured. Young Temujin was a member of the Borjigin tribe and a descendant of Khabul Khan, who briefly united Mongols against the Jin (Chin) Dynasty of northern China in the early 1100s. According to the "Secret History of the Mongols" (a contemporary account of Mongol history), Temujin was born with a blood clot in his hand, a sign in Mongol folklore that he was destined to become a leader. His mother, Hoelun, taught him the grim reality of living in turbulent Mongol tribal society and the need for alliances.

When Temujin was 9, his father took him to live with the family of his future bride, Borte. On the return trip home, Yesukhei encountered members of the rival Tatar tribe, who invited him to a conciliatory meal, where he was poisoned for past transgressions against the Tatars. Upon hearing of his father's death, Temujin returned home to claim his position as clan chief. However, the clan refused to recognize the young boy's leadership and ostracized his family of younger brothers and half-brothers to near-refugee status. The pressure on the family was great, and in a dispute over the spoils of a hunting expedition, Temujin quarreled with and killed his half-brother, Bekhter, confirming his position as head of the family.

When Temujin was about 20, he was captured in a raid by former family allies, the Taichi'uts, and temporarily enslaved. He escaped with the help of a sympathetic captor, and joined his brothers and several other clansmen to form a fighting unit. Temujin began his slow ascent to power by building a large army of more than 20,000 men. He set out to destroy traditional divisions among the various tribes and unite the Mongols under his rule.

Following the victories over the rival Mongol tribes, other tribal leaders agreed to peace and bestowed on Temujin the title of "Genghis Khan," which means "universal ruler." The title carried not only political importance, but also spiritual significance. The leading shaman declared Genghis Khan the representative of Mongke Koko Tengri (the "Eternal Blue Sky"), the supreme god of the Mongols. With this declaration of divine status, it was accepted that his destiny was to rule the world. Religious tolerance was practiced in the Mongol Empire, but to defy the Great Khan was equal to defying the will of God. It was with such religious fervor that Genghis Khan is supposed to have said to one of his enemies, "I am the flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Having united the steppe tribes, Genghis Khan ruled over some 1 million people. In order to suppress the traditional causes of tribal warfare, he abolished inherited aristocratic titles. He also forbade the selling and kidnapping of women, banned the enslavement of any Mongol and made livestock theft punishable by death. Moreover, Genghis Khan ordered the adoption of a writing system, conducted a regular census, granted diplomatic immunity to foreign ambassadors and allowed freedom of religion well before that idea caught on elsewhere.

not only refused the demand, but in defiance sent back the head of the Mongol diplomat.

This act released a fury that would sweep through central Asia and into eastern Europe. In 1219, Genghis Khan personally took control of planning and executing a three-prong attack of 200,000 Mongol soldiers against the Khwarizm Dynasty. The Mongols swept through every city's fortifications with unstoppable savagery. Those who weren't immediately slaughtered were driven in front of the Mongol army, serving as human shields when the Mongols took the next city. No living thing was spared, including small domestic animals and livestock.

Genghis Khan died in 1227, soon after the submission of the Xi Xia. The exact cause of his death is unknown. Some historians maintain that he fell off a horse while on a hunt, and died of fatigue and injuries. Others contend that he died of respiratory disease. Genghis Khan was buried without markings, according to the customs of his tribe, somewhere near his birthplace—close to the Onon River and the Khentii Mountains in northern Mongolia

she has a lot of things from Genghis khan story

Mongol leader Genghis Khan (1162-1227) rose from humble beginnings to establish the largest land empire in history. After uniting the nomadic tribes of the Mongolian plateau,

4 hours ago, blckp said:

she has a lot of things from Genghis khan story

Mongol leader Genghis Khan (1162-1227) rose from humble beginnings to establish the largest land empire in history. After uniting the nomadic tribes of the Mongolian plateau,

First time I agree on something with you.

true I agree she has these qualities though I have heard that Dany/Targs represent Visigoths (blonde) and Khal Horde is based on Huns (horde nomads) and KingsLanding is Rome which is under self turmoil and conflict...like history Huns/Visigoths attack Rome when its weak Dany will attack Kingslanding and take it...each character has a mix of cultures and historical bases, not just one, so I agree with you but since Martin is mostly basing the plot off of War of Roses, European/UK and the aftermath of it...Dany represents Mary.....If Dany wins and unite all then that would defeat the bittersweet ending I think....also we have to account for the WW invasion which could twist everything on its head regardless of theories...tho here I suspect Jon to take on a Jesus Christ like role and the WW are darkness/evil...Jon is who people believe in and will follow into the long night as claimed, if he dies in sacrifice it will leave ordinary people to follow Jon's purpose and ideal and defeat the darkness.....based on story/historical connections between them....not sayin Jon will be held as a god but people will follow his example....Martin is retelling our history through fantasy with a magical spin to it

12 hours ago, OceanRunner said:

I think the final ending to Game of Thrones will see Sansa ruling. Based on a recent theory video by Amanda Joy on youtube she explains why she believes from history which Martins book is based, that in the end Sansa will be ontop as do I since Sansa represents Elizabeth I. Now I thought about Dany and who she represented: This is what I came up with....

I think the bitter sweet ending is that Dany who we so long root for will not end up on the throne in the very end the way we think...heres why:

People say Dany represents Henry Tudor, exiled prince during the War of The Roses who returns and claims the throne, however, I think she represents more fittingly Mary Queen of Scots because both Dany and Mary were born in their home country (Westeros/Scotland) but raised elsewhere across the (sea/channel) in (Essos/France) in exile due to political unrest back home, both were in power in these distant lands (Queen of Meereen/Ruled in France beside Francis), Both amass armies and ships to take back their home...

Dany married out of political gain (Drogo from Essos), where as Mary was wed to (Francias of France) for political reasons, both men were rulers in their land and both died from by being poisoned (Not confirmed but many think Francis was assassinated instead of sick), Mary's second husband is (killed by hanging after house is destroyed), Dany's second Hizdar was (killed on tv version by being stabbed after city was ransacked)....

and in history Mary was "kidnapped" by a man who was well versed with the sea and was said to hold the (scepter/or aka Dragon horn) with offerings of protection, political stability as well as destruction of enemies... Mary's kidnapper has a (great navy) and his GoT counterpart has a great (iron fleet #2) and got Mary to wed him for Political gain (GoT counterpart will try to marry Dany: if he can get around Yara/Theon) but come to find out (James Hepburn/Euron Greyjoy) who was (Duke of Orkeny islands/King of Iron Isles) was working behind Queens back and is bad and in Mary's case he ends up being arrested and going insane in swedish prison...so how that translates in GoT idk but not a good future for Euron.

So after this I believe that Sansa will, with Jon either gonna be dead again from sarifice or focused on WW, be in power in North and must deal with Dany spreading influence and power, but somehow I believe Drogon will die and Dany will be killed by the Westrosi natives because Dany's policy are too exotic much like Mary's policies was different...= people revolted Mary was imprisoned and later executed, they revolted becasue Mary ruled like she was in France/much like Dany would rule like she was still in Meereen

It's bitter sweet because we root for the underdog rising to power and taking back what is hers but in the end she loses - though Mary tech one in the end as her son took the throne of all of scotland, wales, ireland* and england at the time...tho Dany's child died but if she has another than that child will end up on throne like (James Stuart/Dany Child #2?), but if not another child then Sansa will end up ruling or being placed in power somehow over whatever is left after the great war between Ice/Fire...this is just a theory based on history and how I see season 7-8 playing out...let me know what you think, thanks.

Appreciate the insight here, but you don't need to put spoiler warnings on speculation/theories.

If anyone matches up with the Tudors, I would think its Jon.  Henry Tudor's father, Edmund, was the product of a secret marriage between an English royal (the dowager queen) and a nobleman (Owen Tudor).  Edmund had to be legitimized by the king to take titles.  Henry Tudor came from this somewhat ignominious background to became the unlikely winner of the throne after the more credible claimants were all killed off.  

Jon hits many of these same beats (illegitimate product of secret noble marriage becomes king).  If Martin is going to do the storybook ending (I am skeptical of that), he can have Dany legitimize Jon, marry him, and then they can rule together.  This would be a synthesis of the Tudors, with a little bit of William & Mary thrown in.  Interestingly, incest factors in to both the Tudor and W&M examples.  W&M were 1st cousins, and there were rumors that Edmund Tudor was actually the son of the Duke of Somerset, a cousin of the Dowager Queen.  

I don't think GRRM is going to actually take so much from history. I think his characters might have some similarities  or draw influence from some historical figures but I thinks is story obviously shapes itself differently.

As for Dany, I think her story reminds me in some ways from a historical figure (I'll try and get the name). Needless to say, I still think she will die not because of a some similar historical figure but because there were a few hints that suggested she would die (both and show)

I don't think that Danny or Jon will rule in the end. I had some fears that Danny might become an antagonist, but the last two episodes have pretty much made that impossible. Saying that, I cannot see either Danny or Jon surviving the books.

Sansa is a good bet for a queen, and I was on the camp Sansa + Aegon to rule in the end (concluding all the wars when it began, a Stark girl with a Targ boy), but with Aegon cut from the show, that ain't gonna happen (likely Danny will feed him to Drogon in the second dance of dragons). So, I guess, Sansa with Tyrion in the end. Can that work? They are after all, husband and wife.

Throne being destroyed is the safest bet though.

*spoiler/theory* Does anyone see that Dany's army is full of southerners and winter is here? Won't KL be covered in snow and how will her half-naked armies battle in that freezing cold? This is where I think GRRM's poetic justice comes in. Euron Greyjoy joins forces, and his mighty fleet, with Cercei and takes the battle to the sea, against Dany. All of these seasons she has been raising one hell of an army, 100K+, to never have them set foot in KL because there will be an epic naval battle at sea. And, we may only be left with a few boats and dragons left. 

Thoughts? Wouldn't that be one of GRRM's ironies of building her army to never let them fight for her? 

First of all, the Throne won't be destroyed, George RR martin said SOMEONE will end up on the Throne.

Neither will Dany lose most of her army due to bad luck + Euron. I think she will lose about half and have a very messy siege of Kings Landing ending with Cersei burning down the city and jaime killing her.

I literally have no idea who will end up on the Throne. Dany is a bit 2 obvious, and if Jon is king he will hate every second of it, which would be an end GRRM prefers since he probably isn't going to give Jon the cliche ''Heroic Sacrifice'' death.

4 hours ago, xjlxking said:

I don't think GRRM is going to actually take so much from history. I think his characters might have some similarities  or draw influence from some historical figures but I thinks is story obviously shapes itself differently.

As for Dany, I think her story reminds me in some ways from a historical figure (I'll try and get the name). Needless to say, I still think she will die not because of a some similar historical figure but because there were a few hints that suggested she would die (both and show)

what kind of hints for danys death?

7 hours ago, DanïelNorth said:

First of all, the Throne won't be destroyed, George RR martin said SOMEONE will end up on the Throne.

Neither will Dany lose most of her army due to bad luck + Euron. I think she will lose about half and have a very messy siege of Kings Landing ending with Cersei burning down the city and jaime killing her.

I literally have no idea who will end up on the Throne. Dany is a bit 2 obvious, and if Jon is king he will hate every second of it, which would be an end GRRM prefers since he probably isn't going to give Jon the cliche ''Heroic Sacrifice'' death.

My guess about Dany:

1) If Dany will not die, but she won't win the throne or give it up, she will come back to Meeren and rule there for the rest of her life.

2) If Dany dies, she might win the throne for a short while and give birth to a child.

3) Dany will not die and will not win the throne, she might desert everything and go back to her childhood home with the red door. Actually, I think this is the best ending for her.

My guess about Jon:

1) If Jon dies in the final battle (which I am 95% sure), he might have a child with someone before his death (who I don't know)

2) If Jon does not die in the final battle, he will be forced to sit on the throne, he will have to suffer the horror of being a king, he will get married to someone he does not love at all and he will dread the throne until his final day.

3) Jon will not die and he will not sit on the throne. He might be free finally and go somewhere warm. This is the best ending for him

-----------

My bet on the one who will sit on the throne, whether they love it or hate it:

- Jon's child if he will ever have a child

- Dany's child if she will ever have a child again

- Sansa through marriage and some husbands to kill (Littlefinger's best student)

- Arya through marriage and a lot of death (that does not mean she will kill for the throne, but more like the person whom she married will be on the throne and die)

- Tyrion because Dany will die and give the kingdom to him because he is a good man.

- Grendy (like Cersei suddenly looks for a bastard of Robert and makes him puppet king but in the end Cersei dies so that's it).

- FAegon if he ever made it to the shows. lol

Someone will end up on the throne, but the ending will leave it ambiguous as to how strong their grip is on the throne. The GoT is a constant power struggle and the ending ruler, will despise having to constantly fight and make alliances to keep the necessary power structure needed to ensure their reigns continuance. 

Another theory, is a rebellion of the small folk and peasants. Wars bring famine, disease and death. If they ruling elite cannot settle on a power structure than can offer order and peace, then a mass rebellion of peasants could cleanse the ruling elite. 

Tommen had the kind heart, and allowed the Sparrows to take greater control, who in turn held highborn to the standards everyone had to abide by. Lets for arguments sake, say he continued to rule with Margaery by his side along with the faith, and the people love him for it. How does Dany justify being a slave breaker and champion of the commoners, when she wants to bring an army to spread war despite the populace being satisfied and happy under King Tommen. 

George Washington gave up power, he could have become the King of America, but gave up power to show the concept of democracy would work. 

I get the feeling, someone might give up power for the greater good. Someone like Jon, or Dany

Archived