Theory in Dany's potential story line

1 hour ago, Adam141414 said:

Someone will end up on the throne, but the ending will leave it ambiguous as to how strong their grip is on the throne. The GoT is a constant power struggle and the ending ruler, will despise having to constantly fight and make alliances to keep the necessary power structure needed to ensure their reigns continuance. 

Another theory, is a rebellion of the small folk and peasants. Wars bring famine, disease and death. If they ruling elite cannot settle on a power structure than can offer order and peace, then a mass rebellion of peasants could cleanse the ruling elite. 

Tommen had the kind heart, and allowed the Sparrows to take greater control, who in turn held highborn to the standards everyone had to abide by. Lets for arguments sake, say he continued to rule with Margaery by his side along with the faith, and the people love him for it. How does Dany justify being a slave breaker and champion of the commoners, when she wants to bring an army to spread war despite the populace being satisfied and happy under King Tommen. 

George Washington gave up power, he could have become the King of America, but gave up power to show the concept of democracy would work. 

I get the feeling, someone might give up power for the greater good. Someone like Jon, or Dany

Good point.

After every great war, leader who lead winning side is one that will took over power vacuum created by war and great war exchange way society work. Example is WW2, USA become real super power, economically and militarily. In AOIAF war example is Starks rise after Long Night. My assumption is that we will have mayor change in Westeros society and that will be more centralized state, not democratic on, but stat that will be base for future development of democracy. My best option for one who will rule after WfD are Jon and Dany, I think they will be heroes of WfD, so they will have support of people, they will have means to centralize Westeros via dragons. For Dany conquest is easy, ruling is not. Biggest and most difficult task for her would be ruling and rebuilding destroyed Westeros.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:40 PM, OceanRunner said:

Dany married out of political gain (Drogo from Essos), where as Mary was wed to (Francias of France) for political reasons, both men were rulers in their land and both died from by being poisoned (Not confirmed but many think Francis was assassinated instead of sick), Mary's second husband is (killed by hanging after house is destroyed), Dany's second Hizdar was (killed on tv version by being stabbed after city was ransacked)....

How do you reckon drogo was poisoned? 

11 hours ago, OceanRunner said:

well his wounds were mistreated by that witch, she could have saved him, leaving dany to smother him...its vauge

I personally don't think she treated him wrong. I just looked through the script in that episode, and she doesn't say anything to prove that she did or didn't.

Book spoilers, a game of thrones

Spoiler

In the books, mirri tells drogo his wound will heal only if he doesn't drink wine or milk of the poppy, which he does anyway. It's his own fault that it festered. That part isn't included in the show. This is probably why I think she healed him correctly. But you may be right.

Dany wants the throne so I expect she will not get  it.  I do not think Dany gets a happy ending, she seems destined to get so close, yet never to actually own what she seeks.  Jon does not want a throne, so I suspect he will get it but I hope he gives it to Sansa.  A happy ending for Jon is to go with the free folk where he finds honor and true friendship and perhaps someone to love.

On 30/06/2016 at 6:40 AM, OceanRunner said:

I think the final ending to Game of Thrones will see Sansa ruling. Based on a recent theory video by Amanda Joy on youtube she explains why she believes from history which Martins book is based, that in the end Sansa will be ontop as do I since Sansa represents Elizabeth I. Now I thought about Dany and who she represented: This is what I came up with....

I think the bitter sweet ending is that Dany who we so long root for will not end up on the throne in the very end the way we think...heres why:

People say Dany represents Henry Tudor, exiled prince during the War of The Roses who returns and claims the throne, however, I think she represents more fittingly Mary Queen of Scots because both Dany and Mary were born in their home country (Westeros/Scotland) but raised elsewhere across the (sea/channel) in (Essos/France) in exile due to political unrest back home, both were in power in these distant lands (Queen of Meereen/Ruled in France beside Francis), Both amass armies and ships to take back their home...

Dany married out of political gain (Drogo from Essos), where as Mary was wed to (Francias of France) for political reasons, both men were rulers in their land and both died from by being poisoned (Not confirmed but many think Francis was assassinated instead of sick), Mary's second husband is (killed by hanging after house is destroyed), Dany's second Hizdar was (killed on tv version by being stabbed after city was ransacked)....

and in history Mary was "kidnapped" by a man who was well versed with the sea and was said to hold the (scepter/or aka Dragon horn) with offerings of protection, political stability as well as destruction of enemies... Mary's kidnapper has a (great navy) and his GoT counterpart has a great (iron fleet #2) and got Mary to wed him for Political gain (GoT counterpart will try to marry Dany: if he can get around Yara/Theon) but come to find out (James Hepburn/Euron Greyjoy) who was (Duke of Orkeny islands/King of Iron Isles) was working behind Queens back and is bad and in Mary's case he ends up being arrested and going insane in swedish prison...so how that translates in GoT idk but not a good future for Euron.

So after this I believe that Sansa will, with Jon either gonna be dead again from sarifice or focused on WW, be in power in North and must deal with Dany spreading influence and power, but somehow I believe Drogon will die and Dany will be killed by the Westrosi natives because Dany's policy are too exotic much like Mary's policies was different...= people revolted Mary was imprisoned and later executed, they revolted becasue Mary ruled like she was in France/much like Dany would rule like she was still in Meereen

It's bitter sweet because we root for the underdog rising to power and taking back what is hers but in the end she loses - though Mary tech one in the end as her son took the throne of all of scotland, wales, ireland* and england at the time...tho Dany's child died but if she has another than that child will end up on throne like (James Stuart/Dany Child #2?), but if not another child then Sansa will end up ruling or being placed in power somehow over whatever is left after the great war between Ice/Fire...this is just a theory based on history and how I see season 7-8 playing out...let me know what you think, thanks.

Interesting insight, is a good comparison. What do you think will happen to Jon by the way? 

On 6/30/2016 at 3:40 PM, Sir Matthis Light said:

Eh Sansa on the Iron Throne is something I personally don't want, but I'll be surprise if she made it that far.

Sansa will likely die.  Daenerys will rule what's left of the Seven Kingdoms and rebuild the capital, to be renamed Queen's Landing.  I think the north will become independent.  Jon will remain king in the north.  Per the agreement in Meereen, the Iron Islands will become independent under Yara's rule.  Dorne, the Reach, Westerlands, Riverlands, and the Crownlands will stay together under Dany's rule.  The Dothraki will be resettle somewhere in Dorne.  The Unsullied will replace the City Watch in the new Queen's Landing.

Arya will die and that is the bittersweet part.  Most of the north will die, become wights, and they will have to be burned at the Trident.  Jaime and Cersei will die.  Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock, Hand of the Queen to Daenerys, first of Her name.  Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar.  Mother of Dragons. 

On June 30, 2016 at 10:20 PM, OceanRunner said:

what kind of hints for danys death?

She did say she may never marry again

she also claimed she won't have kids anymore

she also hinted she was willing to let people leave the seven kingdoms 

most importantly she has Mary Sue written all over her. She has yet to fail, just like Robb. She constantly does the right choice despite not knowing much about it. She was born with the right to rule and was gifted so many tools to succeed.

pretty sure by the time the show/book ends she will die. I still firmly believe the show is about Jon who is born of ice and fire; whom Reahgar said was the song of ice and fire.

17 hours ago, xjlxking said:

She did say she may never marry again

she also claimed she won't have kids anymore

she also hinted she was willing to let people leave the seven kingdoms 

most importantly she has Mary Sue written all over her. She has yet to fail, just like Robb. She constantly does the right choice despite not knowing much about it. She was born with the right to rule and was gifted so many tools to succeed.

pretty sure by the time the show/book ends she will die. I still firmly believe the show is about Jon who is born of ice and fire; whom Reahgar said was the song of ice and fire.

hero my ass, he is stupid emo moron, boring and always fails cause he fucking stupid and has weak spirit, he is whinny loser , no way he is hero of this story

16 hours ago, xjlxking said:

Maybe but he went from being a steward to lord commander, to King in the north. 

yeah king of 40 people, loser of war. Tyrion and Samwell is the hero of this story, only these 2 will survive

Good analysis from the OP. I would just say that it's not a definite that GRRM will take the entire historical parallel to it's logical conclusion. That would seem too predictable. 

RE: who will sit the IT at the end, who knows, but I would add that one of the very few future visions shown on the show was the HOTU in S2E10. The show cut out a fair amount of Dany's visions in the book, but they interestingly showed her walking through a snow-covered, half-destroyed throne room in KL. She touches the IT, but does not sit down. What that implies, who knows. Just throwing it out there. 

On 01/07/2016 at 8:03 AM, DanïelNorth said:

First of all, the Throne won't be destroyed, George RR martin said SOMEONE will end up on the Throne.

First of all, where did GRRM say this?

Second of all, someone ending up on the throne is not mutually exclusive to it being destroyed.

19 hours ago, blckp said:

hero my ass, he is stupid emo moron, boring and always fails cause he fucking stupid and has weak spirit, he is whinny loser , no way he is hero of this story

Wasnt Rhaegar emo too? Jon probably inherited this from him.  Also how is he whinny?  He lost cause he tried to make a peace with widlings and the nights watch and got stabbed, so there for he lost?  I do not understand your point.  Then you might say he lost the battle of bastards.   The show is different from the book.  In the books this fight is Stannis vs. Ramsey.  I think people need to understand that this was a great season but the writing was very flawed (I.E. the whole Arya and Waif chase).  HBO wants to get this show over with and thought it would help Sansa's arc by having her progress in the GOT.  What happens in the show may be similar to the books but may also be played out completely different.  I know this is the show forum but thought I should add these tidbits.

Yeah, they don't want to "get this show over with". It's their biggest hit in history. The show has propelled everyone that was involved with it including HBO and GRRM. HBO would like nothing better if they can just keep making thrones episodes. In fact, it's why they are open to the idea of having a a prequel of sorts 

listen to their interviews, they respect both the author and source materials but they too had a vision and no amount of money will change that. You don't expect a GRRM to suddenly change his tune and listen to his fans or publisher so have that same respect for DnD. 

4 hours ago, ummester said:

First of all, where did GRRM say this?

Second of all, someone ending up on the throne is not mutually exclusive to it being destroyed.

This is a complicated answer but here is a prior discussion about if there will be an iron throne.  

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/132796-quote-where-george-confirms-some-one-will-sit-on-the-throne-in-the-end/

I got an idea like this where the events will push Sansa's plot from the north to KL (maybe fleeing the WW) and other events will push Daenerys' plot from KL to the north, they will intersect somehow, Sansa will end up in KL and the Stormborn will end up beyond the wall

But after S6 and looking to the big picture, I'm fairly sure that Danny and Jon are the heroes of the story and all the other characters exist just to help them in a way or another in their journey, examples : Bran helping Jon by finding about his parentage, Tyrion helping Danny by his wisdom, Sansa helping Jon retaking Winterfell (which I'm 100% positive will happen in the books, Sansa will come the vale with the knights)

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I got an idea like this where the events will push Sansa's plot from the north to KL (maybe fleeing the WW) and other events will push Daenerys' plot from KL to the north, they will intersect somehow, Sansa will end up in KL and the Stormborn will end up beyond the wall

But after S6 and looking to the big picture, I'm fairly sure that Danny and Jon are the heroes of the story and all the other characters exist just to help them in a way or another in their journey, examples : Bran helping Jon by finding about his parentage, Tyrion helping Danny by his wisdom, Sansa helping Jon retaking Winterfell (which I'm 100% positive will happen in the books, Sansa will come the vale with the knights)

Don't you think Dany is too obvious? 

Archived