Lady of Winterfell

Chib

maybe that is the old title for being wife of ramsey?

If she took winterfell after the battle, she will not be lady of winterfell.

She will be queen in the north.

TBH I do think she will become queen in the north for a while.

She will need to replace Cersei, kill Little Finger, then somehow die to let Arya become queen in the north.

You know, ned already said arya will become queen.

30 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

TBH I do think she will become queen in the north for a while.

She will need to replace Cersei, kill Little Finger, then somehow die to let Arya become queen in the north.

You know, ned already said arya will become queen.

Arya will get married to whom? There's almost no King left... unless it's Jon. 

Grendy? 

5 minutes ago, Chib said:

Arya will get married to whom? There's almost no King left... unless it's Jon. 

Grendy? 

no, I mean she becomes queen by her birthright.

Ruling queen of north. Not a queen by marriage.

You know, if sansa also dies, and bran becomes a tree god, then Arya is going to be the heir of Winterfell.

After all her wolf is named as Nymeria, ruling princess of Dorne, right?

GRRM was just playing game with us, a queen can be a wife of king, but also can be a queen by her own right.

Although they declared Jon as king in the north, they only did this because they thought Jon is son of Ned (plus in the book there is Robb's will). All trueborn stark sons already "died" and war is coming, so they are willing to make Jon as king, not a lady like Sansa. Kind of like Roose made Ramsey as his heir after his son died.  

But if Jon and other people know that he is in fact son of Rhaegar, then he probably will give this title to a real Stark.

3 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Although they declared Jon as king in the north, they only did this because they thought Jon is son of Ned (plus in the book there is Robb's will). All trueborn stark sons already "died" and war is coming, so they are willing to make Jon as king, not a lady like Sansa. Kind of like Roose made Ramsey as his heir after his son died.  

But if Jon and other people know that he is in fact son of Rhaegar, then he probably will give this title to a real Stark.

The choose him mainly for leadership and bravery. Some people thinks that Northerners will be okay with it but I think some might be or others not. It mighr be set for Northern Civil ar but we kinda had it this season. I mean they or Lyanna Mormont said Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins, not Stark blood. Rhaegar is known in the North to rape and kidnap Rickard's daughter Lyanna. a lot of them would be offended to have Jon as a King.

But as of now LF doesn't know about them full truth to use it. Only Howland does and soon Bran. But maybe he can use it to his advantage once it will be revealed or Jon will step down. There are many factors to consider and ways how to do it and ho to put Jon out of the seat. It can be via some manipulations or parentage. But Bran would have to reveal it. LF suspects at least that it was love when Sansa mentioned that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped her.

2 hours ago, Chib said:

I have just looked at HBO website for Game of Thrones, House Stark, they list Sansa as Lady of Winterfell

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-6/episode-10/houses/4/house-stark

And Jon as King in the North. So it seems these 2 titles are not one and can co-exist? 

Maybe it can but Sansa wants to be Queen in the North as Sophie said it. From what I can tell Sansa took their parent's chamber so she should be Lady of Winterfell. It might even be best to split titles rom Jon's point of view. Him focusing on military aspects and let Sansa handle politician but Kit said that Jon is stubborn and not listening or observing what she wants or says.

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

No, I have checked House Bolten and none of them is listed as Lord/Lady of Winterfell. Sansa is listed as married to Ramsay but not as Lady of Winterfell. She is listed differently in House Stark.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-6/episode-10/houses/15/house-bolton

According to this, it seems Queen/King in the North does not necessarily go along with the title Lady/Lord of Winterfell.

It seems that, Sansa now is Lady of Winterfell and Jon is King in the North by their own rights. 

4 minutes ago, Chib said:

No, I have checked House Bolten and none of them is listed as Lord/Lady of Winterfell. Sansa is listed as married to Ramsay but not as Lady of Winterfell. She is listed differently in House Stark.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-6/episode-10/houses/15/house-bolton

According to this, it seems Queen/King in the North does not necessarily go along with the title Lady/Lord of Winterfell.

It seems that, Sansa now is Lady of Winterfell and Jon is King in the North by their own rights. 

Maybe, but it is kind of weird.

Lady of Winterfell is either female ruler of winterfell or wife of lord of winterfell.

If Jon is king in the north, he should be the lord of winterfell as well since it is the seat of throne, right?

But I agree that if Sansa has a title, it should be lady of winterfell.

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Maybe, but it is kind of weird.

Lady of Winterfell is either female ruler of winterfell or wife of lord of winterfell.

If Jon is king in the north, he should be the lord of winterfell as well since it is the seat of throne, right?

But I agree that if Sansa has a title, it should be lady of winterfell.

It seems they're separating the titles here, Sansa is listed as Lady of Winterfell by Birth, but Jon is elected as King in the North by vote. The Northen people chose Jon as the one who represent them in battles. 

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

Why would you assume that? Jon is the King, if he wants a separate Lord of Winterfell then so be it, he's King, he can do that. He gave Sansa the Lord's chambers, he stated that in the 'we have to trust each other' scene. Jon has no time to Lord over a castle, he needs the freedom to move about and rally support for the fight up North.

It's no different than Cersei being Queen and Jaime as Lord of Casterly Rock.

12 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

Why would you assume that? Jon is the King, if he wants a separate Lord of Winterfell then so be it, he's King, he can do that. He gave Sansa the Lord's chambers, he stated that in the 'we have to trust each other' scene. Jon has no time to Lord over a castle, he needs the freedom to move about and rally support for the fight up North.

It's no different than Cersei being Queen and Jaime as Lord of Casterly Rock.

Yeah, I agree Jon can do whatever he wants.

And it is not so strange to give Sansa an honorary title as Lady of Winterfell.

But Jon will still command Stark army, and Sansa can not do that,  I guess.

It is still different from Cersei and Jaime because CR is not the seat of king.

It is more like Cersei is the queen but Jaime is the Lord of King's landing?

11 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

It is still different from Cersei and Jaime because CR is not the seat of king.

All he needs is an office.

Besides, Winterfell isn't necessarily the seat of the King, it's the seat of THIS King. And who's to say that even lasts, he could conceivably take the Last Hearth as his seat to be further north.

Technically, Sansa was already had the title "Lady of Winterfell" before Jon took it back.  I don't see why she would suddenly lose that title upon WF's recapturing.  Jon even seems to acknowledge this fact (hence why he gives the Lords chamber to Sansa).  I don't think Jon had any intention of "ruling Winterfell" or anything like that.  Quite frankly, I don't think he had much of a plan at all after getting WF back.

Lyanna Mormont is really the one that stirred the pot with her speech, getting everyone to proclaim Jon as "King of the North".  I don't think that was ever the plan of anyone's (especially Littlefinger).  So Sansa was already Lady of Winterfell, and Jon was voted King of the North, creating kind of a weird situation that I'm not sure anyone wanted in the first place.

I'll be curious where it goes from here, because I don't know if Jon even *wants* to be a King.  But we'll see.

13 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Technically, Sansa was already had the title "Lady of Winterfell" before Jon took it back.  I don't see why she would suddenly lose that title upon WF's recapturing.  Jon even seems to acknowledge this fact (hence why he gives the Lords chamber to Sansa).  I don't think Jon had any intention of "ruling Winterfell" or anything like that.  Quite frankly, I don't think he had much of a plan at all after getting WF back.

Lyanna Mormont is really the one that stirred the pot with her speech, getting everyone to proclaim Jon as "King of the North".  I don't think that was ever the plan of anyone's (especially Littlefinger).  So Sansa was already Lady of Winterfell, and Jon was voted King of the North, creating kind of a weird situation that I'm not sure anyone wanted in the first place.

I'll be curious where it goes from here, because I don't know if Jon even *wants* to be a King.  But we'll see.

Sansa is Lady of Winterfell by birth and by marriage too. Before that IE after Robb's death, North once again belongs to 7 kingdoms because their rebellion failed. So she has always been the Lady of Winterfell and no one took that title away from her.

So the way as I see it, since Jon is just voted as King in the North and Northen Lords clearly state that they want to fight along with him, so it means another Brexit from the North. 

The situation is that, Sansa's title is still the same as before, isn't it? The North only has a new king. 

5 minutes ago, Chib said:

Sansa is Lady of Winterfell by birth and by marriage too. Before that IE after Robb's death, North once again belongs to 7 kingdoms because their rebellion failed. So she has always been the Lady of Winterfell and no one took that title away from her.

So the way as I see it, since Jon is just voted as King in the North and Northen Lords clearly state that they want to fight along with him, so it means another Brexit from the North. 

The situation is that, Sansa's title is still the same as before, isn't it? The North only has a new king. 

That's how I see it as well.  Sansa being Lady of Winterfell is no different then Lyanna being lady of Bear Island, or Wyman Manderly being Lord of White Harbor.

Jon is simply an unmarried King who just so happens has his seat in Winterfell, he is IMO not considered the Lord of Winterfell.

44 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

That's how I see it as well.  Sansa being Lady of Winterfell is no different then Lyanna being lady of Bear Island, or Wyman Manderly being Lord of White Harbor.

Jon is simply an unmarried King who just so happens has his seat in Winterfell, he is IMO not considered the Lord of Winterfell.

If this is what happened then why are some people saying Jon steals Sansa's birthright lol? She is still lady of Winterfell that means she still rules it.  

Isn't this just a title given to someone if noble birth living there? Wasn't Robb a lord of Winterfell even before Ned died? A lord, not the lord. Haven't Sansa and Arya always been ladies of Winterfell?

For instance, in ACoK index, Cat is listed as Lady Catelyn even though Robb has already been named King.

15 minutes ago, Chib said:

If this is what happened then why are some people saying Jon steals Sansa's birthright lol? She is still lady of Winterfell that means she still rules it.  

Because people can't seem to understand that "King of the North" and "Lord of Winterfell" are two separate titles.

When Robert Baratheon was on the Throne, was he still Lord of Storms End?  No, his brother Stannis was.

There is currently no Queen of the North and no Lord of Winterfell.  Jon refused the Lordship of Winterfell and gave it to Sansa, and thanks to Lyanna Mormont, he became the King of the North through a bureaucratic vote.  So now we have a widow ruling a City, and an unwed Bastard as King.

This is why Littlefinger is so pissed.  By the North declaring succession from the 7 Kingdoms, Littlefinger would not get any closer to the Iron Throne by marrying Sansa (he would just be considered Lord of Winterfell which isn't even part of the 7 kingdoms anymore).  Jon's voting as King of the North completely ruined Littlefingers entire plot...he was hoping Sansa would just be lady of Winterfell, so he could marry her, and work his way to the IT.  Not going to happen any more.

9 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Because people can't seem to understand that "King of the North" and "Lord of Winterfell" are two separate titles.

When Robert Baratheon was on the Throne, was he still Lord of Storms End?  No, his brother Stannis was.

There is currently no Queen of the North and no Lord of Winterfell.  Jon refused the Lordship of Winterfell and gave it to Sansa, and thanks to Lyanna Mormont, he became the King of the North through a bureaucratic vote.

Renly was actually.And it was only because Robert was so generous. He could have easily kept both titles for himself. At least per Martin.

Archived