The KITN's Court

2 minutes ago, blckp said:

with only few thousand people and without city , why bother with big organization system?

even daario has more soldier than the north

Doubt Daario has more men.  There were at least a couple or few hundred survivors on the BotB, just by looks of it when the Knights of the Vale ride in to save them.  Plus all the other Northern houses who didn't send me to fight (like House Manderly and Glover).  

Now no doubt that between The War of the 5 Kings, the Red Wedding, and other battles the North is very depleted, think they can scrounge together well more than like what isn't it like 2,000 Second Sons? 

Yeah I don't think Jon will conform to the southron small council, I mainly wanted to see who everyone thinks would have the most impact on jon's reign, and what that impact would be.  

I think Sansa is the wildcard in the deck.  If she can fend of LF and gain direct support of the Vale without LF, the North/Vale has a chance at independence. Otherwise, the Northern Vale will rot from the inside.

Sam would be pleased. Tyrion would be pleased and try to arrange a marriage between Jon and Dany. Arya would go home and become his personal assassin. 

39 minutes ago, illinifan said:

The interesting thing for me is seeing how people who know Jon react to the situation.  This includes Sam, Tyrion, and Arya.

24 minutes ago, captaindargo said:

Sam would be pleased. Tyrion would be pleased and try to arrange a marriage between Jon and Dany. Arya would go home and become his personal assassin. 

I actually think Sam will be a mixture of being shocked at what happened and angry that his friend abandoned the Wall.  Tyrion will be amused by what happened and will use it to Dany's advantage.  I don't know about Arya.

Just now, illinifan said:

I actually think Sam will be a mixture of being shocked at what happened and angry that his friend abandoned the Wall.  Tyrion will be amused by what happened and will use it to Dany's advantage.  I don't know about Arya.

I dont think Jon really abandoned the Wall he is going to use the position to rally the North to help the Night's Watch. The Night King seems to still be the only thing on his mind. 

54 minutes ago, captaindargo said:

^My hope. It's seemed pretty impossible to find a plausible away to marry Jon and Dany but that works. Of course GRRM would never let us be that happy.

19 minutes ago, captaindargo said:

I dont think Jon really abandoned the Wall he is going to use the position to rally the North to help the Night's Watch. The Night King seems to still be the only thing on his mind. 

I think that an interesting arc for Jon would be him actually turning out to be a competent ruler but because he gets involved in the politics of the realm, he forgets about the real threat.

6 hours ago, Lord_of_the_Nightfort said:

As King, it's important for Jon to surround himself with competent advisors, seeing as how some of the Stark's (all of them), generally put their trust in the wrong people and end up meeting their end because of it.  Who from the show would you surround Jon with, it doesn't have to be set up like the southron courts, but just for fun, who would you put where?  Mine would be as follows:

Hand of the King: Davos- he's always given practical advise in the past, his cautious approach could help temper Jon in his more irrational moments.

Master of Arms/Lord Commander of the KiTN Kingsguard: Tormund- strong swordsman, would love to see him in some Stark armor and training a new generation in swordplay

Master of Laws:  Lady Mormont- that girl has a firm grip on justice and no qualms about dishing it out :D

Sansa- she will definitely need to play a role for Jon, provided that she brought him the Vale, her biggest challenge will be getting LF out of the way. 

Master of Whispers: Bran-  If he can make it back to WF from the Wall he would be an unstoppable Master of Whispers

King's Justice- Arya...for reasons...

What do you all think?  Who would give Jon the best chance to not end up with Ghost's head sown onto his shoulders?

He doesn't need a master of coin? How is he going to pay his armies then?

4 hours ago, jrod said:

Doubt Daario has more men.  There were at least a couple or few hundred survivors on the BotB, just by looks of it when the Knights of the Vale ride in to save them.  Plus all the other Northern houses who didn't send me to fight (like House Manderly and Glover).  

Now no doubt that between The War of the 5 Kings, the Red Wedding, and other battles the North is very depleted, think they can scrounge together well more than like what isn't it like 2,000 Second Sons? 

Manderly has a dozen lesser lords and 100 landed knights who have sworn their swords to him. He can probably raise an army comparable to the Boltons if he chose to.

1 hour ago, captaindargo said:

Arya is probably going to be heading to Kings Landing next, not going home.

The other possibility is that she might take Walder's face and become him for a while. That would put a huge fox in the hen house for sure :). Arya's face shifting abilities are far more valuable than just being an assassin. She could wreak all sorts of chaos just with that ability alone.

46 minutes ago, Asvpxkvng said:

^My hope. It's seemed pretty impossible to find a plausible away to marry Jon and Dany but that works. Of course GRRM would never let us be that happy.

They have already prepared us for that. Before leaving Mereen Danearys has quite a few scenes explaining that she needs to make a political marriage in Westeros. Right now the only real candidates for that are Jon, Euron and maybe Littlefinger (although marrying him will not get her more power, since he wields indirect power only), and she has already committed to destroying Euron. So that leaves Jon. Who just happens to be a Targaryen, and thus suitable as a traditional groom for her. The other real power bases are Yara, the sand witches and the queen of thorns, all of who are women.

So it will be Jon.

1 hour ago, tugela said:

They have already prepared us for that. Before leaving Mereen Danearys has quite a few scenes explaining that she needs to make a political marriage in Westeros. Right now the only real candidates for that are Jon, Euron and maybe Littlefinger (although marrying him will not get her more power, since he wields indirect power only), and she has already committed to destroying Euron. So that leaves Jon. Who just happens to be a Targaryen, and thus suitable as a traditional groom for her. The other real power bases are Yara, the sand witches and the queen of thorns, all of who are women.

So it will be Jon.

Just because it makes political sense means nothing in this chaotic world that likes to me believe you and then tears my hopes away....gosh they've really done some messed up stuff.

8 minutes ago, adiman83 said:

Not having a King's Guard doesn't mean the KITN is not guarded. 

Aye, but with a good Hand Of The King, Robb (probably) wouldn't have died the way he did. Heck, with a Hand like Tyrion he would be sitting the Iron Throne.

Archived