Dothraki plot device?

With season 6 coming to a close there's of course speculation on what the next season brings, and I've noticed that one of the biggest is just who is going to be the villain. I think most believe that the white walkers won't be the big bad until the last season, and daenerys army seeming to massive for anyone to stand toe to toe with, then what excatly? 

Well here's me theory, what if the dothraki weren't there, or didn't quite have the overwhelming numbers? During the last scenes of season 6, I noticed that it atleast appeared that the dothraki were manning their own ships, which they wouldn't be very good at. So what if euron were to join with cersei at the start of next season, and the war for westeros start with a naval battle? 

I've been reading/lurking on the fourm for the past 2 seasons (and this is my first post lol), but this past season I've noticed that daenerys speech for the dothraki got people questioning if she was going to go mad queen next season. But if the dothraki get wiped out or take critical losses before they land, wouldn't that set the status quo back, daenerys = good / cersei = bad? 

My last thought is that as "real" got is when it comes to the outcomes of wars, there's always been one side presented as "good", as if I'm remembering correctly, atleast for the show, none of the "bad" sides have really switched over. Good stays good, bad stays bad. So maybe this is a good way to show her strength this season, and show cersei as a real threat next season.

Archived