What proof that Tommen jumped?

Fredwin

Why does Cersei believe it was suicide? The only thing that can corroborate that fact can not even speak. Who's to say Gregor wasn't ordered by Qyburn to push him out the window?

Also, should we expect to see a reprisal from the missing Tyrell soldiers that were just brought to the city? Did they just disappear? Or did they just decide it a good idea to let Jaime and the Lannister men back in?

Expecting he cared, how does Qyburn even know that Tommen jumped? If an assassin happened to jump through that window and grab Tommen what could Gregor have done?

How would Gregor even try to explain that circumstance? Mumbling and pointing out the window?

It's pretty interesting that the only witness who could confirm that Tommen did in fact jump to his death is an undead zombie who can't formulate a sentence. Cersei didn't need witnesses or proof, she was entirely unsurprised. She probably half-expected it.

Maybe Cersie has planned his suicide all along? Or if she hasnt planned it, she at least accepted the possibility of it. Maybe Cersei wanted to get rid of him? Leaving Tommen powerless in a premium viewing spot to watch his beloved wife burn is somewhat cruel, dont you think? to answer your question, there is no need for a proof.

My take is this:

Cersei knew she would see Tommen dead (...and gold will be their shrouds). So she's accepted its a matter of when rather than if (see conversation earlier with Jaime about the prophecy). She was certainly to take the throne with him alive, maybe she had accepted that he was already dead. Sort of how Sansa left Rickon to his fate.

Lack of evidence to the contrary would be my guess.  No sign of a struggle. His crown set down, presumably on a dresser or table.  Don't forget that the only person who realy benefits from his death is Cersie. 

overall though, there is a significant lack of anyone remaining in KL who would care one way or the other.  

Its an interesting point, the smart thing to do is to put the story out that he died at the Sept with everyone else. That would throw at least some of the scent off of Cersie, at least her Lannister allies would want to believe she didnt kill her own child. As it stands, she murdered Kevan (and possibly the King) and that wouldnt likely sit well with the Lannister houses.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Gregor walked away as soon as the Sept blew.

Yup Gregor was already gone. Then one of tommens servants says "I'm sorry your grace" then he also leaves the room. That's when tommen jumps. There was no one there to witness it.

24 minutes ago, ToTheWolves said:

Yup Gregor was already gone. Then one of tommens servants says "I'm sorry your grace" then he also leaves the room. That's when tommen jumps. There was no one there to witness it.

Yes, presumably, the servant was telling Tommen that Margaery (and everyone else in the sept) was dead and expressing his condolences.  The way it looked to me was that Tommen probably killed himself due to his "love" Margaery being dead but it could have also been because he knew his mother was responsible and is a monster.  Eh, in the end, it's probably a bit of both:dunno:

4 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

SNIP

overall though, there is a significant lack of anyone remaining in KL who would care one way or the other.  

This made me laugh out loud

1 hour ago, sj4iy said:

Does everything have to be a conspiracy?

I'm starting to wonder the same lol. It seems like no matter what happens, what plot points we get.For some reason it always has to be a conspiracy or deeper meaning. 

Just now, sj4iy said:

Does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Doesn't have to be a conspiracy. The forum exists to discuss these type of plot points, doesn't it? It seems pretty significant to me, the death of the King under such mysterious conditions. Noone batting an eye at it at all, etc.

Anyhow, more than likely it's a failure on behalf of the writing. The writers love to show things to the audience and then think that because the audience is shown something and knows the truth of it, that the characters must as well. That's not how it works. They did the same thing with Tyrion and Dany in the very same episode. Dany has spent a handful of minutes onscreen with Tyrion and for half of those she was pissed at him, now they share heartfelt moments all of a sudden? Now Tyrion's advice is worth more then Daario's? The only way that's possible is because Tyrion's character is established in the previous seasons so the audience knows what he is about and why Dany would feel this way about him(at some point) but this trust is never built between the actual characters. There's plenty of examples on the show. 

42 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

Doesn't have to be a conspiracy. The forum exists to discuss these type of plot points, doesn't it? It seems pretty significant to me, the death of the King under such mysterious conditions. Noone batting an eye at it at all, etc.

Anyhow, more than likely it's a failure on behalf of the writing. The writers love to show things to the audience and then think that because the audience is shown something and knows the truth of it, that the characters must as well. That's not how it works. They did the same thing with Tyrion and Dany in the very same episode. Dany has spent a handful of minutes onscreen with Tyrion and for half of those she was pissed at him, now they share heartfelt moments all of a sudden? Now Tyrion's advice is worth more then Daario's? The only way that's possible is because Tyrion's character is established in the previous seasons so the audience knows what he is about and why Dany would feel this way about him(at some point) but this trust is never built between the actual characters. There's plenty of examples on the show. 

It's not a 'failure on behalf of the writing' when they don't feel the need to waste time addressing something obvious that we, the audience, saw happen with no ambiguity whatsoever.  It's just people nitpicking the nitpicks.

Archived