Jorah Mormont going to Asshai and the return of Quaithe in season7

If the rumors which I have heard are true, one of the new location to be introduced in season 7 will be Asshai by the Shadow. Though GRRM said there will be no POV characters directly in Asshai, the show could make it just opposite. Only person which I can see going there is Jorah Mormont. There, he could find a cure for his greyscale disease and have a reunion with Quaithe.

Back in season 2, Jorah was the only person who ever talked with Quaithe, which was very sucks. If the show already introduced her, it would be stupid not to show her again. We should really find out more about her identity, and other mysteries and secrets which she could reveal to Jorah.

I would LOVE Asshai!!!!

The show has given us so little in terms of WOIAF cosmology, mysteries and the like this year (except for the WW origin). The part of the story that deals with the rest of the world is the one i'm more hungry for!!!

Not familiar with any such rumors, but Jorah going to Quaithe to get healed makes a lot of sense.    

Only 13 episodes left, I have to wonder what Jorah's end game purpose is.  They kept him alive for a reason.  

My guess would be Qarth rather than Asshai(although I would love to see the latter) if Quaithe features again, maybe with his purpose being to bring back some info on these various "magical" forces(Red Priests, Warlocks, Shadow Binders) to the finale in Westeros.

15 minutes ago, grufolo said:

Where did you hear/see the rumors?

I forgot where have I read it, I can't find it right now, but I think I read somewhere that new locations to be added in season 7 will be: Asshai, Casterly Rock, Greywater Watch and Skagos. Don't blame me if I'm wrong about it.

All of them would be awesome!

The biggest disappointment for me in season 6 was that very little was revealed about the world mechanics (except in the North, where WW origin and the fact that the North ised to be temperate are revealed).

Asshai and Skaagos should reveal some secres, i believe

Only thing I could find about a possibility of us seeing Asshai is this article
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-location-hunt-has-already-begun-canary-islands-being-considered-a7049471.html

Doesn't say anything about Jorah, but about Dany maybe making a stop there. Now the guesses say Asshai, Dorne, the Isle of Faces, and an archipelago, which makes sense considering the Canary Islands are an archipelago. This makes me think Dany will sail through Valyria, maybe make a stop there. That would make sense. Asshai wouldn't cause that's on the other side. An archipelago could double as Valyria, especially since the Teide is a volcano. Besides Tenerife (where the Teide is located), Lanzarote is very volcanic looking. What's in Valyria? Volcanoes.

I can't think of any other characters possibly being near a location like this other than Dany.

I've seen the Teide. This would be a really awesome location to see in the series.

Read about Asshai and the Shadow in World of Ice and Fire.  That book was long ass and boring until I began connecting it with the show as has been portrayed.  It gives huge backstory on these places and people we only barely heard about.  It's so good.  I had t read it a couple of times to get into it.

In a recent rewatch of "The Kingsroad" (Season 1, Episode 2), I noticed how dramatically Jorah shares with Dany his knowledge about Ghost Grass.

"In the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai, they say there are fields of Ghost Grass, with stalks as pale as milk that glow in the night, murders all other grass. The Dothraki believe that one day, it'll cover everything, and that's the way the world will end."

I will be sorely disappointed if we don't get to see scaley-Mormont frolicking through these fields.  

Based on the World of Ice and Fire's description of Asshai itself, quite a lot of visual effects would be required to create the proper appearance.  Jorah and/or Quaithe would need to play an important role in future events in order to justify such a commitment.  I remain hopeful on account of how incredibly cool it would be to see the light-thieving stones and the river Ash.

On July 3, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

I forgot where have I read it, I can't find it right now, but I think I read somewhere that new locations to be added in season 7 will be: Asshai, Casterly Rock, Greywater Watch and Skagos. Don't blame me if I'm wrong about it.

Why Skagos? Rickon is already dead and the show omitted most of the northern lords or twisted them all around. The story is past that opportunity now in any way that makes sense on tv. 

On 3. juli 2016 at 2:19 PM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

Doubt we see Skagos. There's no reason to go there now that Rickon is dead. 

Archived