Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know how I missed this thread when I posted my questions about selling my numbered copies.

I have 144 for CoK and GoT. I'm looking to sell them eventually but would like to offer them to the owner of SoS #144 first.

I'm surpirsed to see the high prices for the books since there is an Ebay auction for CoK at $500 that hasn't had anyone bid that amount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, this is my first posting on the forum. I were googling Meisha Merlin and Martin, and thought it would be of interest that some Meisha Merlin were up for auction, no 152 GoT and CoK, together with some 1.st edition. As the price is out of my league , I post the adress to the auctionhouse for those who would be interested: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6205625

U

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for AGOT #420. I already have SOS and COK #420 and would love to complete set.

Look no further than the man himself. No idea if he still got 420

The box I've turned up contains numbers 416 through 423

Look no further than the man himself. No idea if he still got 420

GRRM has sold all his extra copies of AGOT. That's why the book has left the "signed books" page of his website.

There's a great chance that the buyer of #420 had GRRM put a personal inscription on the book and won't want to part with it. I know you'd have to pry number 419 from my cold dead hands. :smug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hello, this is my first posting on the forum. I were googling Meisha Merlin and Martin, and thought it would be of interest that some Meisha Merlin were up for auction, no 152 GoT and CoK, together with some 1.st edition. As the price is out of my league , I post the adress to the auctionhouse for those who would be interested: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6205625

U

Well, this auction sold for $1,300 in March 2009. The auction included:

- Limited editions (no. 152) of Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings

- First editions of UK hardcovers (Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows)

- First edition of US hardcover, and

- First edition of Windhaven

Several of these copies were also signed by Martin.

Well I was browsing eBay (again) this morning, and

- Limited editions (no. 152) of Games of Thrones and Clash of Kings are now listed as "Buy it now" for $2,399 and $1,199 respectively

- First editions of UK hardcovers (all four) are now listed as "Buy it now" for $599

Both these items are listed by the same buyer who I presume is the person that bought the lot for the first auction.

So the books which cost $1,300 in March are now being listed for a combined $4,200 (excl. the First edition US hardcover and Windhaven which have probably already been sold for some ridiculous price!)

Quite frustrating!

Still trying to get my copy of GoT limited edition but not prepared to overpay.

Still trying to get my copy of GoT limited edition but not prepared to overpay.

Quite understandable.

Just as a heads up, the last few numbered copies of AGoT I have seen sell on eBay went in the neighborhood of $1500. The fact that that auction sold for as low as it did was probably due to a combination of lack of exposure and poor product mix. How many serious Martin collectors are going to want to bid on books they most likely have just to get the harder to find limiteds? As such, a prospector bought the lot and intends to sell it for a profit (although if some of us knew that lot would sell for that little, we probably would have been prospecting too).

Good luck finding your limited AGoT. Seeing the gilded pages and beautiful green boards is worth it.

• 4 months later...

I changed some holdings, so here is an updated list:

AGoT #341

ACoK #173

ASoS #173

AFfC #173, AFfC "V"

I have the rights for future books with the numbers/letter: #173, #209, #263, "V"

• 2 months later...

I am considering selling my matching numbered set of Ice and Fire (all 4 volumes to date). What do people here think they are really worth?

It depends on their condition and how/where you sell them. eBay is not bad for selling, but make sure you don't throw them all in the same lot. Are you selling your rights too? Also, take a lot of pictures, especially of AGoT. I've seen that one sell by itself for anywhere between $1200 and $1700 in the last 2 years or so. You may want to consider waiting until the series debuts on HBO. That may help increase bidder interest.

It depends on their condition and how/where you sell them. eBay is not bad for selling, but make sure you don't throw them all in the same lot.

For an unmatched set, sure. But a matched set? Listing 4 lots instead of 1 would scare off some serious bidders who are only interested in a matched set, since they would be wary of winning only 3 of the 4 auctions because somebody snipes one at the last second. And having 3 out of 4 of a matched set is pointless.

Archived