Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Is this indicative of people getting drunk on the allure of the bid and simply going higher than they have means to pay, or is it the result of fake bids to artificially drive the price higher? We'll probably never know, but I'm always skeptical of eBay auctions for high-price items for that very reason.

ASOS-ADWD #215 that sold recently was just relisted on ebay "RELISTED DUE TO OVER AMBITION AND MARRIAGE ON THE PART OF THE ORIGINAL WINNING BIDDER"

Ouch.

Sold for a little over $2800 this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad deal for ASOS, especially if you need that number :).

I will probably be listing my numbered set (2-5 with rights) on ebay this weekend sadly :(, what are your opinions as far as value goes? I was thinking of listing for around $3500, I thought about a bid only but worried about getting no action lol. Interested in your opinions thanks!

IMHO you should start it lower...say $2000, but put a reserve. I'm sure there's a number in your head (a reasonable one) at which point your happiness at what you are getting outweighs the "disappointment" of selling.

That way you get the best of both worlds - generating bid action, but preserving the value whether real or your perceived value of the partial set. Last thought...do you have a friend with a high eBay seller rating that you trust? Consider having them do the listing. Gives some people more confidence in bidding.

IDK - when you list with a reserve, I believe Ebay either takes more money out or your listing fees are much higher. Could you list it on Abebooks or maybe post it here first and use the send money to friends option on Paypal for payment. That way you could sell it a little lower than Ebay and still make more money on it without all the fees.

Archived