Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

In that case you might want to try here before you go to Ebay. You can also list it on TheDarkTower.org. There are tons of limited edition book collectors there who collect Martin also. There is a dedicated GRRM thread there too and a classifieds section.

It included the rights to purchase the future books with that letter. I think that's a large part of the price.

I ended up losing the auction, but that was my justification for bidding.

As soon as the AGOT reissue is released that price won't seem bad.

The seller listing http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649 is obviously a scammer. Shill bidding, and fake retractions.

He also claims it could cost as much as 300 pounds to ship...right..... I've had 1-2 day, fully insured ups express delivery from an auction house in the UK for about the same weight, cost=100 pounds. And traditional auction houses make you cover every penny.

I ended up losing the auction, but that was my justification for bidding.

As soon as the AGOT reissue is released that price won't seem bad.

True, but what are the chances of EVER finding "II" ASOS and AFFC? I'd say not bloody likely. Unless he's already go them....or he just wants lettered edition and doesn't care about a matching set...

Damn it, now I wish I had bid...

The seller listing http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649 is obviously a scammer. Shill bidding, and fake retractions.

He also claims it could cost as much as 300 pounds to ship...right..... I've had 1-2 day, fully insured ups express delivery from an auction house in the UK for about the same weight, cost=100 pounds. And traditional auction houses make you cover every penny.

I was a bidder the first time it was posted, about a month and a half ago. I was outbid in the last couple seconds by someone who obviously backed out. Felt like the saddest guy in the world for about a day...

Everything worked out though as I found someone selling a complete set! The Seven were certainly watching over me...

True, but what are the chances of EVER finding "II" ASOS and AFFC? I'd say not bloody likely. Unless he's already go them....or he just wants lettered edition and doesn't care about a matching set...

Damn it, now I wish I had bid...

To be honest, I would have sold them in a couple of years after the AGOT and ACOK reissues were out. Likely could have finished my regular S/L set with those funds and still had some left to bank.

No regrets though. I bid what I was willing to pay and someone else wanted them more.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a numbered set double signed. I will have the opportunity soon and was planning on getting them doubled. It would only raise the prices right? Let me know what you guys think.

Actually, if you're looking at resale value, double signing might be detrimental. I'm not sure an extra signature would do anything to the price other than potentially lower it. Worse, if he personalized it to you, it would actually probably drop the value of the book.

Of course, if you could convince George to write a short story on the cover page, it might make it a bit unique.

All that said, you might want to contact a handful of rare book sellers in your area to see what they think. They'll probably give you a straight up, and much more well-informed, answer.

I would probably stick with getting a non-signed book signed instead. Depending on who's buying, the second signature is not always a plus. Many collector's want the book as published unless you don't care about resale.

Archived