Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Edit: No longer available.

I'm selling my Clash of Kings #94, it's the same one listed on EBay for $1200, but I'd be willing to part with it for around $1,000 to someone from the board here, otherwise I'm okay with hanging on to it.

I've never been a fan of the MM books, and with Subpress publishing those books again I'm only interesting in having a set of the Subpress books (I have the other Subpress books with matching numbers and I'm not willing to part with them).

If anyone's interested let me know, otherwise, like I said, I'll just hang on to it.

I'm selling my Clash of Kings #94, it's the same one listed on EBay for $1200, but I'd be willing to part with it for around $1,000 to someone from the board here, otherwise I'm okay with hanging on to it.

I've never been a fan of the MM books, and with Subpress publishing those books again I'm only interesting in having a set of the Subpress books (I have the other Subpress books with matching numbers and I'm not willing to part with them).

If anyone's interested let me know, otherwise, like I said, I'll just hang on to it.

I think that's high for a MM Clash of Kings. I don't think one's ever sold on the forums for that price, let alone eBay. Maybe a lettered edition, but those NEVER come up. I think they max out at around $600, just from what I've seen on eBay...

Just my option though...

eRome, are you including the rights for your ADWD?

Also, Sub Press was offering a lettered ADWD earlier today (why Sunday without an accompanying email to subscribers is beyond me). I assume it was sold immediately. Didn't see it until an hour ago.

Also, I wouldn't bid on that set without reading the fine print. The seller can't even guarantee he'll be allowed

to sell the rights since they are owned by Camelot.

Also, I wouldn't bid on that set without reading the fine print. The seller can't even guarantee he'll be allowed

Camelot transferred my rights to a set I sold, no problem, and my buyer was overseas. (That is, Camelot still holds the rights so they get their cut, so the buyer has rights through Camelot instead of Subterranean).

Camelot Books also has the rights to my set and I buy it from them at issue price. There weren't any problems transferring the rights to me when I bought it either, Tony and Kim are pretty decent people.

eRome, are you including the rights for your ADWD?

Also, Sub Press was offering a lettered ADWD earlier today (why Sunday without an accompanying email to subscribers is beyond me). I assume it was sold immediately. Didn't see it until an hour ago.

I don't have future rights to others book, just ADWD.

Haven't decided if I want to sell it yet, but if anyone is interested....

No one on here's bidding on the Sub Press set on eBay???

Looks like the set went for about $3,800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEORGE-R-R-MARTIN-A-GAME-OF-THRONES-A-FEAST-OF-CROWS-SUB-PRESS-SGND-LTD-/321123103536

It's amazing the variations in prices for the sets I see on ebay... I'm going to include a lolly pop if I put my set on ebay, will greatly increase the demand of my auction.

Looks like the set went for about $3,800.

http://www.ebay.com/...D-/321123103536

It's amazing the variations in prices for the sets I see on ebay... I'm going to include a lolly pop if I put my set on ebay, will greatly increase the demand of my auction.

What do you think of the price? Too much? A bargain? Seems like they're being scooped up pretty quick when posted, here or on eBay....

This isn't available any more. Someone made an offer I couldn't refuse.

What do you think of the price? Too much? A bargain? Seems like they're being scooped up pretty quick when posted, here or on eBay....

I think it was a high end price to be honest, for just the 3 sub press books I would've guessed them worth $3,000. But with the end of season 3 of AGOT looming, everyone's mind is on Asoiaf right now perhaps. Not sure if the location of the books had anything to do with it, since most of the sets I've seen for sale have been in North America. I like how the guy had upside down pictures of his books too, Har!

And in other news AGOT #129 is now on ebay, I like how he threw in a PC of ACOK. Like making you eat veggies with your dessert. (No offense to ACOK lovers out there)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-R-R-Martin-Game-of-Thrones-and-Clash-the-Meisha-Merlin-Limited-Eds-/151047790266?pt=AU_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item232b265eba

Well, from a long term antiquarian / book collecting standpoint, all the ASOIAF books are running hot and overpriced.

Mostly due to the TV series.

For comparison, a first edition, first impression Lord of the Rings (full morocco binding with eye of sauron in gilt) would

go for around $8000 - $10000 at auction.

For example, http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/15799835_tolkien-jrr-the-lord-of-the-rings

And here's a Folio Shakespeare (second folio edition) that went for http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11491451_shakespeare-william-comedies-histories-and-t that went for around $35,000.

Compare to that to the $15,000 ASOIAF lettered set (a while ago so it would probably be higher now), or the $4500 Lettered GOT that just sold.

As good as ASOIAF is, I'm not sure it's worth more than LOTR or worth 30% of a shakespeare folio.

Ok, I can't speak to the second folio. Because, hey, Shakespeare. But as to the Tolkein: I'm not sure. There was a time I would have agreed with you. Because Tolkein has been completely unparalled in his importance to the genre. But... I don't know that this is true anymore. Yes, Tolkein is unrivaled in influence. But it isn't Tolkein who broke the fantasy genre's ghetto barrier, it's Martin. There are supermodels tweeting pictures of themselves reading GoT. There are actors winning Emmy's for their work in a hardcore fantasy series. Martin is now sitting along side Tolkein in terms of influence and importance. Which is, believe me, not something I ever expected to say about anyone. But it's hard to argue with the fact that it was Martin rather than Tolkein that blew down the doors to the mainstream.

Plus scarcity. How many complete lettered sets are there? It's a lot less than 52. How many first printings of LOTR are there? Not a lot, sure, but more than lettered sets of ASoIaF. If there were only, say, 20 first prints of LOTR I'm sure the price would be significantly higher.

I swear I am not being self-interested at all here!

(goes to the corner and gently caresses his lettered set.)

Yes, we loves you my precioussss. Preciousssss!

:lol:

You make good points, but I have to wonder if Martin really blew down the doors to the mainstream or if the LOTR movies did that 10 years ago and we are just now experiencing the full benefits of that.

I do think the books are currently in a bubble and a bit over valued. Yes, the demand is there now, but I don't think it will hold once the books and show end. They'll still be worth a lot, but will probably settle back to Earth at that point similar to the Dark Tower books.

Archived