Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

:lol:

You make good points, but I have to wonder if Martin really blew down the doors to the mainstream or if the LOTR movies did that 10 years ago and we are just now experiencing the full benefits of that.

I do think the books are currently in a bubble and a bit over valued. Yes, the demand is there now, but I don't think it will hold once the books and show end. They'll still be worth a lot, but will probably settle back to Earth at that point similar to the Dark Tower books.

If the Dark Tower finally gets going, those prices will shoot back up! ;)

I think it was a high end price to be honest, for just the 3 sub press books I would've guessed them worth $3,000. But with the end of season 3 of AGOT looming, everyone's mind is on Asoiaf right now perhaps. Not sure if the location of the books had anything to do with it, since most of the sets I've seen for sale have been in North America. I like how the guy had upside down pictures of his books too, Har!

And in other news AGOT #129 is now on ebay, I like how he threw in a PC of ACOK. Like making you eat veggies with your dessert. (No offense to ACOK lovers out there)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-R-R-Martin-Game-of-Thrones-and-Clash-the-Meisha-Merlin-Limited-Eds-/151047790266?pt=AU_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item232b265eba

So what do you think of the set at Camelot Books for $5500? Comes with matching MM ACoK but no AGoT. It's a low number too, of that makes any difference...

I think for $5,500 someone could get a set with A game of Thrones included. Pretty sure Camelot Books knows its a very hot collection so they threw up a really high price knowing someone would eventually buy it. I don't think a low number set makes it worth more though. I put my PC Dance with Dragons on ebay, think its a good price but everyone messaging me seems to be more interested in the matching set excluding AGOT behind it :\

I think for $5,500 someone could get a set with A game of Thrones included. Pretty sure Camelot Books knows its a very hot collection so they threw up a really high price knowing someone would eventually buy it. I don't think a low number set makes it worth more though. I put my PC Dance with Dragons on ebay, think its a good price but everyone messaging me seems to be more interested in the matching set excluding AGOT behind it :\

I agree! Seems like a lot.

I wonder if the #129 MM AGoT on eBay is going to see any action? I was looking at some interiors pictures, and I'm worried their might be some moisture/water damage...

I think if it sells it will be only like 1 bid lol, his starting bid is a buy it now price basically imo. Hard to tell if there's damage, although the third picture looks like some moisture wrinkles or something on the page. If your selling something worth that much, why not take better pictures :(.

Hmm that's weird, link works for me. Try Going to Ebay, then search George RR Martin, then on the left side of your screen where all the options are located scroll down until you see Item Location and change it to Worldwide. That was my issue for finding it in a search.

There are two covers, one is a man in profile from the hips up holding a sword, one is a close view of a hooded woman's face. I honestly don't know who they are.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Anyone else want to take a guess? I'd assume they're characters in AFFC, but I'm at a loss as to who they'd be...

The woman is definitely from the North, you can see snow in the picture and she's wearing warm clothes.

The man is a complete mystery to me. I don't even remember half of what happens in AFFC anyway :dunno:

Archived