Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Hello,

Probably a total shot in the dark, but I'm looking for the 'Y' lettered edition of "A Game of Thrones". I have all the other books for that letter. Whoever did buy it didn't buy the subsequent books.

So, any help locating this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ruprect (Marc)

Not to chuckle too much, but just saw this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONG-ICE-AND-FIRE-Martin-MATCHING-1st-4-SIGND-LTDs-/370527759857?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item56452cedf1

First four numbered limiteds for 10,000.00?! :shocked:

I mean, if the lettered limiteds haven't sold for that...

If only I had the cash, those lettered editions would be mighty tempting, but the numbered? Not quite.

The numbered edition must be some kind of mistake. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes, this is extremely unrealistic. Though the description states these are a matching set of number #441 and some or all of the boxes are unopened, that's not rare enough to justify price. The person who placed this listing must not have kept up with any previous listings of numbered editions, much less the current lettered matching set that is listed for $9,999.99 and has yet to receive a single bid on repeated listings. If per chance matching sets of these deluxe editions do begin buying and selling at these prices, I doubt I will ever afford one.

After I won the bid, I contacted kishkeking regarding shipping. Everything was fine. After waiting two weeks for the book I started wondering when it would arrive. I waited a month before contacting him. I politely asked when he shipped it as I had not received the book yet. I got no reply. I sent another email that went unanswered. At this point I went to ebay's resolution center and opened a complaint. I have no idea if ebay was able to contact kishkeking or not. I can think of two possibilities. Either he had shipped the book and it somehow was lost in the mail. But, if this was the case you'd think that he would have answered my emails, telling me that he had shipped the book. The other possibility is that he was trying to scam me. Of course, there could be many other possible explanations but considering that two, maybe even three board members have had this happen, I'm thinking it was a scam.

The situation (for me anyways) was resolved, as I got my money back. It's too bad, as I've been looking for a numbered copy of AGOT for awhile now.

Hopefully this situation gets resolved for boiled leather and hopefully no one else is scammed.

thiazyl

I also got scammed by this guy. What a scum bag. I sent him the money and asked about a tracking code. Told me it was sent via general delivery and not too worry because he had just sent one to Ontario and there was not any problems. That was the last I had heard from him. Luckily Paypal's claim system works but you would think that after receiving multiple claims for the same account they would terminate it.

It sounds like he was a pretty sophisticated scammer. Probably had one or two legitimate copies and sent those to the first buyers and once they posted vouching for him, he pushed hard to get others to buy from him as well... what a d-bag. Hope he gets charged with mail fraud. Any of you who were defrauded, get together and see if your credit card company or paypal would be willing to join you in filing charges. At these prices, he could be looking at a 3rd or even 2nd Degree Felony--if found guilty, he could be looking at up to 10 years in federal prison.

I asked the seller if this purchase included Rights of Refusal for future "MM" books in the set. The listing was updated to include:

I am the original owner of these books, and this auction also includes my "right" to the future "MM" volumes- I will write Sub Press and ask them to give the winner of this auction continued right of first refusal to the remaining "MM" books in the set.

Only one day and 3 hours left and no bids. I know I can't afford them. As stated before, I would be surprised if some fan or collector with the funds doesn't bite on these. A complete lettered deluxe set is the rarest of the rare for the GRRM collector. I can't be the only person drooling over this.

And just like that, it's gone

And just like that, it's gone

Wow, someone actually bit. A complete lettered set sold for $10k! Insane. That should get the attention of some GRRM collectors. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same had I had the realistic means to afford it. Ah well, might be someday I can...

Hello all, looking for #196 A Storm of Swords to match my Feast and forthcoming Dance (Of course, I'd love to have ALL of the #196...) Actually if anyone has ANY limited A Storm of Swords you are dying to part with, I'd love to get in contact, as I haven't seen one listed individually for some time now.

I'm looking for #184 of A Feast for Crows (and preferably future rights too). I have the other three numbered 184 (yes, I was the winner of this auction).

After getting that set I now have a spare Clash of Kings #303 from Meisha Merlin I will be selling eventually. And a "PC" copy of Feast for Crows I'll give up if I ever get the numbered FFC I want.

Thanks.

Reunited and it feels so good...? :cheers:

Ha. I'm going to try and get a lettered Dance if possible, as well as the follow-up Game and Clash from Sub Press. I wish myself luck that I can find a willing seller for Storm and Feast. I mean, if they bought Storm and/or Feast and not Dragons they should be willing to sell, right? Unless they already resold. Or were just a huge Tom Canty/Charles Vess fan. We shall see. might never be an issue.

Archived