Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

I'll check it out thanks. That seller was selling Clash numbered for around 500 before the series and inflation launched, so they seem to think the value has gone up a bit, at least.

You say they had 10 copies in general left, or 10 unnumbered copies? Thanks.

Edit: Oh and it would be slightly unethical to just write in your number, considering there is supposed to only be one of each number available. I assume these are defect backup copies. On the Feast versions SubPress wrote in PC so people couldn't renumber (presumptively after they sold out).

I bought #116 from kishkeking and received it in Feb 2011. Here's the contact info he gave me:

Jonathan Nelson

[email protected]

Contact number-917-860-5356. This area code is from the NY state area

Through paypal, I got more info.

[email protected]

Web address-Jonathanskosher.com

Contact #973-539-6010. According to wikipedia** this a NJ area code.

My friends, I think the king might be dead. It would explain why he was so nice and professional with our transaction, but never followed through with the others. But it does seem as though he did offer the same book multiple times.

Good on you for taking the ethical route. I can't believe Meisha Merlin was irresponsible enough to sell completely unnumbered copied. Still good for collecting, but not as counterfeit sets.

I'll check it out thanks. That seller was selling Clash numbered for around 500 before the series and inflation launched, so they seem to think the value has gone up a bit, at least.

Edit: Oh and it would be slightly unethical to just write in your number, considering there is supposed to only be one of each number available. I assume these are defect backup copies. On the Feast versions SubPress wrote in PC so people couldn't renumber (presumptively after they sold out).

I bought it about a year ago, and I think I remember the listing saying he had a number of copies. Not sure though.

@bgc: I think the dealer I bought it from got them at some sort of liquidation sale. I'm sure MM never intended them to be sold, rather they were backup copies as Art pointed out.

And for the record, I wasn't advocating making them into counterfeit numbered editions with the intent to sell. That would indeed be more than slightly unethical!

Game solo just went for 1,400 and the other auction is well on its way to something similar. You know inflation is out of control when it is no more expensive, and probably a better deal overall to buy the matched set (also at a higher price post-show) and then sell your old copies than to buy a standalone game that you probably have no chance of matching. Oh well. I resigned myself to never getting it because I wasn't willing to pay those prices when they were 1,000, and only second guessed because prices might continue to rise. Unless I stumble upon an amazing deal I think I am permanently out of the running.

Wow, this is getting crazy.

NUMBERED sets are going for 3000 plus??

Jesus, I am getting really tempted to liquidate.

I don't collect just books.

Hell, 10,000 dollars can get you a film accurate life size statue of Darth Vader or Robocop etc.

The only thing stopping me is base greed and the belief that it may be worth even more money as HBO continues to build hype and George finishes the series.

I'm thinking of putting my set up for sale. GoT #116 with CoK, SoS and FfF #96 plus rights. Not quite matching, but just about as good. Also comes with rights for Sub Presses future GoT and CoK releases. Any buyers?

I'm thinking of putting my set up for sale. GoT #116 with CoK, SoS and FfF #96 plus rights. Not quite matching, but just about as good. Also comes with rights for Sub Presses future GoT and CoK releases. Any buyers?

I'm very interested... rhaegar17 at aol dot com.

I'd be interested in your asking price, but whether or not I can meet it is a different story. I'm less concerned about the matching, and just want a full set, so if it is doable I am interested.

NOTE: It seems that PMs are now back up, so no need to post your e-mail address anymore.

It seems PMs are NOT working anymore. They were up for a bit earlier today, however.

This is just ridiculous.

Numbered set for 4500??? Lettered for 10k?

At what point will this bubble burst? Or is it a bubble? If season two is even more successful or Game wins an Emmy or 2, how high can this go?

Or is this just because of the incredible hype surrounding a hit HBO series debut AND Dance with Dragons hitting the NY Times #1 after a 6 year wait?

How high will prices go once the series is complete? And will the release of the SP Game and Clash create more "complete sets" thus driving down the prices slightly? In other words, will people really care that the series they own will be missing the Meisha Merlin versions if they can "complete" it with the SP Game and Clash.

Archived