Which major player will die next?

I think Edd is living on borrowed time. I thought the Wall would come down this season. Now I expect it'll happen on the earlier side of next season. 

I hope that Tyrion learns about Myrcella's murder and deals with those bitches in Dorne but I'm not holding my breath. 

Cersei's time is up but I don't expect her to go until the finale of next season. I'm undecided as to whether or not Jaime will go with her.

Missandei and/or Grey Worm should be taken out because it can't be smooth sailing for her from here on out. Missandei and Grey Worm are the most logical choices since the Greyjoys and Tyrion still seem to have unfinished business. 

As for the north and the remainder of the wildlings, it's a toss up as to whether Tormund's or Davos's death would have the most emotional impact. I feel like they're the most at risk in that group. I don't see Brienne or Pod being at risk yet. 

Bronn's time should be winding down too.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Bran. These six won't die until the very end. Typical fan service from the showrunners.

Two main baddies remain. Cersei and Baelish. Cersei is definetely going to die. Baelish is tricky. We know the ending will be bittersweet and there will be a huge surprise like Stannis burning Shireen alive and Hold The Door.  It can be related to him because after everything is over the deaths of the main characters won't surprise us much. Or I expect a twist like Jon becoming the new NK and Dany going mad trying to burn everyone.

I think Cersei dies in season 7.  

I would love to see LF die, AFTER the Iron Throne collapses or burns or whatever.  He has spent his entire life plotting for that throne.  How ironic to die when it is no longer a possibility.  

Edd and Tormund are in danger.  

I worry about Arya - from book 1:  "You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”   
Perhaps Arya lives until Season 8.

For season 8, I imagine we will still have Jon, Dany, Bran, Tyrion, and Sansa. Fingers crossed, Lyanna Mormont is  still alive :D

5 hours ago, Rhaechyll Targaryen said:

I think Edd is living on borrowed time. I thought the Wall would come down this season. Now I expect it'll happen on the earlier side of next season. 

Yup.  I think the Wall will come down next season and the NW will be wiped out.  That has interesting implications for Sam's ultimate fate.

5 hours ago, Rhaechyll Targaryen said:

I hope that Tyrion learns about Myrcella's murder and deals with those bitches in Dorne but I'm not holding my breath.

Good catch.  I never even considered that.  That situation will probably come to a head next season.

I think Jaime will be done next season and Cersei will probably have something to do with it.  Her tether to reality is getting thinner and thinner.  She's taken to dealing harshly with her enemies and, don't forget, Jaime freed the man who murdered Joffrey and also bears some responsibility for the death of Tywin. Maybe they die together, I dunno.  I have a suspicion that Cersei will make it to the end.  She may even survive the series somehow.

Sansa is in danger.

If Bronn names is kid with Lollys "Tyrion", he's done.

Sweet Robin will soon be finished.

I'm surprised Theon has made it this far to be honest.  Although, of the major characters, his storyline has deviates the most from Book Theon, so who knows?  Same for Yara.

Meera.

Jon, Dany, Bran, Tyrion and Arya will all be major players in the final war so I don't see them dying next season....unless Benioff and Weiss decide to pull some bullshit for "shock" value. In terms of the whole storyline from the beginning, it wouldn't make sense of any of these 5 die before the battle with the white walkers even begins.

A few of them will likely die during the war or just after, but not before...and I don't see the war starting until season 8 (or maybe finale of S7). 

Cersei is doomed. She won't survive Season 7. Most likely neither will Jaime or Littlefinger. These 3 characters work best in the political, power hungry, and plotting environment of peacetime Westeros. I don't think any of them (even Jaime) have much place in the final war.

brienne, bronn, Pod, both Clegane brothers, ser Jonah, grey worm, missandei, meera are all potential deaths for next season, as none of them will feature heavily in the final war and with the exception of the Clegane brothers, all are defined by who they are with. 

The Hound and Mountain are unique, but both will be dead before end of S7 I think. My bet is on Sandor challenging his brother, but being killed, and then Arya assassinating The Mountain. I'm also thinking Jaime may not kill Cersei direct, but they will have a massive fallout and Jaime won't be sorry to see her go. If Jaime doesn't kill Cersei himself, I suspect he will essentially "open the door" for Arya to kill her. 

Brienne will kill everyone (including both Clegane brothers at the same time) and sit the Iron Throne. Her and Pod will start a new lineage. Ha. 

Cersei has to be next to die I feel. Jaime's wrath at her complete disregard for anyone else in order to gain the throne seems to be the impetus for him fulfilling the Valonqar prophesy. If he doesn't do it then Dany's minions or Arya seem likely to be the ones.

I think Jon and Dany will be there until the end. They almost have to be. Tyrion as well. We all know Tyrion is George's favorite character. Although the TV show has departed from the books in significant ways. 

Other than Cersei and probably Jaime I would say Sansa also has her sights on Littlefinger. He's clearly going too. Maybe they can have a two for one with him and Cersei in the same episode.

On 4.7.2016 at 11:00 PM, Rhaechyll Targaryen said:

I think Edd is living on borrowed time.

Nooo don't you dare say that! :angry:

I think the death race will be between Cersei and LF. The latter will probably die first and Cersei will die later, in the finale or the ep before that.

People have been saying "Littlefinger dies this season" for years so it's not a surprise. Actually I believe this season there were lots of posters thought he would die 100%, absolutely, definetely etc. It's the same old story... People want to believe that all those characters they hate will die soon enough. They haven't been paying attention.

9 minutes ago, permaximum said:

People have been saying "Littlefinger dies this season" for years so it's not a surprise. Actually I believe this season there were lots of posters thought he would die 100%, absolutely, definetely etc. It's the same old story... People want to believe that all those characters they hate will die soon enough. They haven't been paying attention.

Well, for Littlefinger to die, he has to actually have some screentime, right? He was basically forgotten for this whole season until he pulled his Helms Deep move. The fact he's been marginalized to me seems to put him on the Rickon path: "Hey, remember this guy? Now watch us murder him!"

59 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Well, for Littlefinger to die, he has to actually have some screentime, right? He was basically forgotten for this whole season until he pulled his Helms Deep move. The fact he's been marginalized to me seems to put him on the Rickon path: "Hey, remember this guy? Now watch us murder him!"

On the contrary. He has to do some really evil stuff before dying. That's how the minds of the showrunners tick.

1 hour ago, brightflame princess said:

I think sansa won't make it to the end. And I'm sure cersei will die. 

And I know mel isn't a major character, but i think she will die soon too. And meera. She will probably be gone by the end, but I hope not.

Sansa will definetely be dead when everything's over. The direwolf sealed her fate.

Just now, permaximum said:

On the contrary. He has to do some really evil stuff before dying. That's how the minds of the showrunners tick.

I think pretty much being responsible for all the crap everyone finds themselves in right now classifies as pretty evil.

1 hour ago, permaximum said:

Sansa will definetely be dead when everything's over. The direwolf sealed her fate.

I also think jaime will die,.now that I think about it. I can't imagine he will be alive after cersei is dead. He might just sacrifice himself to take her out.

On 7/4/2016 at 4:29 PM, lakin1013 said:

I think Cersei dies in season 7.  

I would love to see LF die, AFTER the Iron Throne collapses or burns or whatever.  He has spent his entire life plotting for that throne.  How ironic to die when it is no longer a possibility.  

Edd and Tormund are in danger.  

I worry about Arya - from book 1:  "You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”   
Perhaps Arya lives until Season 8.

For season 8, I imagine we will still have Jon, Dany, Bran, Tyrion, and Sansa. Fingers crossed, Lyanna Mormont is  still alive :D

I think you are.right, arya will be dead at the very end.

You probably know about this, but when the first book was being made into a comic, George told the guy putting it together that there is a specific line of dialogue that pertains to the very end of the series. I think the line you mentioned is the one.

Archived