Which major player will die next?

28 minutes ago, The Dew said:

because she is wolfless!

she's wolfless since S1 and each season some say the same thing, "Sansa will die this season", 7 years later nothing happened, wolfless means that she doesn't have magical features in her story

34 minutes ago, The Dew said:

Who can forget the moment that Sansa stood against her family blaming Arya and Nymeria for what happened

I forgot, what a strange reason :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, The Dew said:

A mad Arya would have done a perfect job to her sister

Thank god Sansa is not her list, some people dream since 1998 about starks start killing starks

Let's look at this logically.

I don't think any single character is definitely going to be alive at the end, so at end of season 8 any or all could die. 

however, there are some I think MUST be alive at the start of the "War for Dawn" (humans v White walkers/wights) or their whole character arc won't make sense or have any real purpose.

As most believe the battle with WW won't really begin until season 8 (or last Ep of Sseason 7), I think we can make some fairly safe assumptions for who will survive season 7.

Definitely safe: Bran, Jon, Dany - these 3 all have a huge role to play in the war for dawn, especially Bran. His whole character arc throughout the series has been specifically around his importance in the coming battle against the others and developing his abilities to where they need to be.

Almost certainly safe: Tyrion, Arya, Sansa - Whilst I think there's a very small chance one of them may die in S7 (definitely not more than 1), I think it likely all 3 will survive. Tyrion is quite likely to be one of the three dragon riders in war for dawn and Arya's arc seems very unfinished, like there's a fair way to go yet. Also she will have a part to play in the battle - Arya is a warrior. Sansa is not a warrior, but I think she'll b very heavily involved in the game of thrones in S7 and will survive.

Probably safe: Varys, Queen of Thorns, Jaqen Hagar - Jaqen because I think the true motivations behind the Faceless Men won't be revealed until end of S7/early S8. Varys and Lady Ole na I'm suspecting to be winners next season in their political moves around the iron throne. They are the two best players left, along with LF.

In extreme risk: Cersei, Littlefinger - should be fairly obvious why in both cases. I don't expect either of them to be alive at end of S7. Everyone already wants Cersei dead and Littlefinger's plotting is surely going to be foiled by Sansa, Varys, Olenna (or combination of the 3) and he will be killed whilst trying some last minute desperate move.

At risk: everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

she's wolfless since S1 and each season some say the same thing, "Sansa will die this season", 7 years later nothing happened, wolfless means that she doesn't have magical features in her story

I forgot, what a strange reason :ph34r:

Thank god Sansa is not her list, some people dream since 1998 about starks start killing starks

-Thanks for your perception of "wolfless"; however on the other hand it kinda reminds me of Dany saying about her late brother "he was no true Dragon", sad though but true from facts. She may have non-Stark magic, there is always room for D&D to improvise, they'll come up with something.

-It is not hard to find Lannister sympathisers North or South, besides Wolfless's Sansa's taste and opinion about WF was not the best, so it wouldn't be hard for her to forsake her family, duty, honor as a Tully - I know it is shocking too , but it happens to the best of us! Her love for late Prince Joffrey should be glorified by bards in the 7Kingdoms, as a bittersweet relationship.  

-Sansa's acceptance as a Stark was questioned a bit, if I remember correctly (out of the mouth of babes). It would not be the first time that a Stark by name was casted out or his/her name wiped from memory (Greystarks). Can we really say that Sansa is the definition of a "Stark"? Personally I am not going to answer to that. I understand she has regretted over a lot of things she has done or not, and tries to atone for them, although one could argue that she was under duress during most times. Bran and only him could vouch in her favour, as a Greenseer. Of course Arya would not kill her, but if it had been done it would have brought closure on a wolfless soul; a release from her earthly chains. Here I must correct myself and say that I believe that the Arya that we saw may not be the Arya we imagine to be in the show. Besides that, Sansa, is a liability to have around for safely securing the North, in case there are hardcore lesser vassals of the Boltons who may claim her to be the head of their House by way of marriage and have a legitimate cause to revolt in the North, along with displeased Karstarks and Umbers. Jon could protect her though by marrying her into the Free Folk, and announcing the establishment of a new house. Her death does not have to be literal, as she is a great liability, in my opinion. One can only ask, where is Varys when you need his advice?

20 minutes ago, The Dew said:

Can we really say that Sansa is the definition of a "Stark"?

They are saying that since 1998, that she's not a stark because she lost her wolf and she's a tully because of her mother, but the show gave us the inverse of that, in fact a bastard "targaryen" and a girl "tully?" were the only ones who thought about Winterfell (the home of the starks) and liberated it from the boltons? so maybe you must revise you definition of who is the stark because your definition is contradictory and too old and totally  contradict the show and the millions of watchers don't follow anything other than the show

I'd love them to pull another red wedding type event and kill Tyrion, only to see the huge outpouring from the internet and most of the people I work with.

Unfortunately I see Davos filling this role instead. At some point they need to kill a fan favourite in order to keep everyone on their toes and right now Davos is expendable, especially if Brienne, Pod, the bwb and everyone else converges in the north. Or Bronn as he is also in plotline limbo unless he meets up with Tyrion (which is highly likely).

Cersei at some point but not until another built up even happens and she dies fleeing or something like that, a death that leaves viewers feeling good about themselves.

But at this stage it is possible for most of the characters to die.

Edit: Theon as well, but only because it should have happened a looooooong time ago.

17 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

They are saying that since 1998, that she's not a stark because she lost her wolf and she's a tully because of her mother, but the show gave us the inverse of that, in fact a bastard "targaryen" and a girl "tully?" were the only ones who thought about Winterfell (the home of the starks) and liberated it from the boltons? so maybe you must revise you definition of who is the stark because your definition is contradictory and too old and totally  contradict the show and the millions of watchers don't follow anything other than the show

Apologies for that; but where is the inversion when there is a parallel story going on, namely "the Dragon who was not a real Dragon"? The only two families in Westeros that are exhibiting a kind of connection to the unseen world cannot be seen in parallel? Why deducting when the a potential fact is there right in front of our eyes in 2011, with Daenerys's brother frying to death, as he was no real dragon? Why should I accept what the other millions of watchers devour? Are you here to discuss or restrain others? Since other watchers are saying it, millions, I should offer a million apologies then! I am not saying that it happens, but what if? Honestly, if we cannot communicate with each other why do you even bother?

Taking as a fact your notion that is contradictory? To whom? There are two families as we have seen in the show that in the passage of time exhibited unique connection to the surrounding mysteries of their world and age? We cannot rattle the system because millions of watchers/viewers feel uncomfortable? Or since what you claim is old should be forgotten and taken down, because "watchers reasons". The fact is that i am not trying to convince you to be honest, nor that is my intention, as i want to believe that this is an open forum to lay out freely our understanding, without me imposing my opinion or understanding. Now if you have read my opinion and used it on yourself as an instrument of conviction, then you are free to restrain yourself and only as much as you want. This season again we did not witness if R+L = J, it is quite old, since 1996, should we forget that as well? Please do not bother with any other reply that will include "old, millions watchers". I have not given a definition of who is a Stark, therefore why should I revise it? I openly invited for everyone to set out a rule, a supposition, or a factual respresentation from what we have seen so far. Therefore lay out your reasons based on the show and not an ambiguous it is old therefore we should quit that, or millions are watching. So what I say, let them watch, read, opine. Opinion is to opine, not to tie and impose. I am being subjective, do you have any other of your subjective criteria and personal opinion and not the opinion of the millions to add, even in the contrary?

9 hours ago, permaximum said:

Dog is not gonna do sh*t. Jon can't do sh*t to LF no matter what. LF has many more men and gold then he has. The show hasn't become this stupid and fan-service...yet.

Littlefinger's gold won't save him.

You make an interesting point about the Valemen, though, and what they might have to say about Jon executing Littlefinger.

But how about this scenario:  Let's say Sandor blows the whistle on Littlefinger, and then Sansa, VERY upset about that, tells the Valemen how Littlefinger crossed off Lysa Arryn.

Then what?

And of course, none of this precludes the possibilty that Jon and/or Sandor catch Littlefinger without the Valemen around (maybe at dinner), and cross Littlefinger off during a moment that Littlefinger is vulnerable.

On 07/07/2016 at 0:32 AM, brightflame princess said:

I think you are.right, arya will be dead at the very end.

You probably know about this, but when the first book was being made into a comic, George told the guy putting it together that there is a specific line of dialogue that pertains to the very end of the series. I think the line you mentioned is the one.

No. I think it was the line about Arya marrying a King. The show changed it as they always ignore grrm's warnings. But the comic illustrator listened to grrm. The line grrm mentioned foreshadows the end of ADOS. Arya's link with the "blood of the dragons" is foreshadowed. Marrying into the Targ family.

We are definitely due a major death next season. Cersei is for certain. They built her up in S6 and she will fall spectacularly next season. 

On 11/07/2016 at 2:43 PM, RetconKillah said:

I'd love them to pull another red wedding type event and kill Tyrion, only to see the huge outpouring from the internet and most of the people I work with.

Unfortunately I see Davos filling this role instead. At some point they need to kill a fan favourite in order to keep everyone on their toes and right now Davos is expendable, especially if Brienne, Pod, the bwb and everyone else converges in the north. Or Bronn as he is also in plotline limbo unless he meets up with Tyrion (which is highly likely).

Cersei at some point but not until another built up even happens and she dies fleeing or something like that, a death that leaves viewers feeling good about themselves.

But at this stage it is possible for most of the characters to die.

Edit: Theon as well, but only because it should have happened a looooooong time ago.

I can't see a situation where Davos dies though. No one dislikes him. The show feels so empty right now. There are barely any human threats. The generic 'alien force that wants to wipe out everyone' doesn't satisfy me as the only threat. They better have something happen in the North- I can't have Brienne et al surviving season 7 without doing anything significant in the plot. Euron 'Teddybear' Greyjoy doesn't cut it. I want to see some morally grey characters!!! 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:34 AM, Cron said:

Littlefinger's gold won't save him.

You make an interesting point about the Valemen, though, and what they might have to say about Jon executing Littlefinger.

But how about this scenario:  Let's say Sandor blows the whistle on Littlefinger, and then Sansa, VERY upset about that, tells the Valemen how Littlefinger crossed off Lysa Arryn.

Then what?

And of course, none of this precludes the possibilty that Jon and/or Sandor catch Littlefinger without the Valemen around (maybe at dinner), and cross Littlefinger off during a moment that Littlefinger is vulnerable.

Aside from whether the Valemen find out about LF's murder of Lysa and/or collusion to murder Jon Arryn, the show has already sowed the seeds of discontent. They've made very obvious that Royce strongly dislikes LF. It won't take much for the Vale to turn on LF.

I guess it depends on who a major player is. In season 7 I can see the following all dying:

Melisandre - she has served her purpose and now needs to reunite with Arya

Cersei - She will die at Jaimes hand I think

Littlefinger - I think someone in the North finally catches on to his scheming and, pop goes the weasels head

Theon - IF Euron can get his ships and find them. I could see him dying to save Yara,. Little redemption for him.

My outlier would be Varys. He has pretty much served his purpose also. He has Dany in a position to take Westeros and has brokered deals to secure Westeros allies. The rest of the series is basically battle for KL and then against the WW's. Not sure he is needed anymore.

I guess a lot depends on how quickly the wall falls or the WW's get past it. If it falls late in Season 7 then I don't see anyone dying in the North, there is no reason for it.

12 hours ago, DutchArya said:

No. I think it was the line about Arya marrying a King. The show changed it as they always ignore grrm's warnings. But the comic illustrator listened to grrm. The line grrm mentioned foreshadows the end of ADOS. Arya's link with the "blood of the dragons" is foreshadowed. Marrying into the Targ family.

We are definitely due a major death next season. Cersei is for certain. They built her up in S6 and she will fall spectacularly next season. 

I don't see that, but ok.

The line I mentioned talks about the spring thaw.. and the line George is talking about is at the end of a dream of spring. And who would she marry? Jon? I seriously hope not, that's creepy.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

On 7/4/2016 at 6:29 PM, lakin1013 said:

"You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”   

This is the line that seems to foreshadow Arya's death, at least to me. (ASoIaF, book 1)

10 hours ago, brightflame princess said:

I don't see that, but ok.

The line I mentioned talks about the spring thaw.. and the line George is talking about is at the end of a dream of spring. And who would she marry? Jon? I seriously hope not, that's creepy.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I think Arya does may Jon, it is certainly strongly hinted at in the start of Book 1.

For that to happen, Jon cannot be Stark at all and Lyanna isn't his mother. 

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

I guess it depends on who a major player is. In season 7 I can see the following all dying:

Melisandre - she has served her purpose and now needs to reunite with Arya

Cersei - She will die at Jaimes hand I think

Littlefinger - I think someone in the North finally catches on to his scheming and, pop goes the weasels head

Theon - IF Euron can get his ships and find them. I could see him dying to save Yara,. Little redemption for him.

My outlier would be Varys. He has pretty much served his purpose also. He has Dany in a position to take Westeros and has brokered deals to secure Westeros allies. The rest of the series is basically battle for KL and then against the WW's. Not sure he is needed anymore.

I guess a lot depends on how quickly the wall falls or the WW's get past it. If it falls late in Season 7 then I don't see anyone dying in the North, there is no reason for it.

Good stuff.

For a long time I thought Arya was gonna cross off Cersei, but I'm now starting to believe it's gonna be Jaime.

He can fulfill the Valonquar prophecy (little brother OR little sibling, however you want to interpret it), as he IS younger than Cersei, and he seemed QUITE disturbed by what Cersei is up to.   There is a very clearly growing rift between them, and I think it's noteworthy that Cersei just used wildfire to do something very similar (albeit on a smaller scale) to what Jaime crossed off the Mad King for planning in the first place.

3 hours ago, hallam said:

I think Arya does may Jon, it is certainly strongly hinted at in the start of Book 1.

For that to happen, Jon cannot be Stark at all and Lyanna isn't his mother. 

Yes he can, cousin marriage is fully acceptable in Westeros. Rickard Stark (Ned's father) and Tywin Lannister was married to their cousins, for example.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:29 AM, Cron said:

Good stuff.

For a long time I thought Arya was gonna cross off Cersei, but I'm now starting to believe it's gonna be Jaime.

He can fulfill the Valonquar prophecy (little brother OR little sibling, however you want to interpret it), as he IS younger than Cersei, and he seemed QUITE disturbed by what Cersei is up to.   There is a very clearly growing rift between them, and I think it's noteworthy that Cersei just used wildfire to do something very similar (albeit on a smaller scale) to what Jaime crossed off the Mad King for planning in the first place.

Yep, he is going to see more and more of the mad king in her.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:27 AM, GhostNymeria said:

Yes he can, cousin marriage is fully acceptable in Westeros. Rickard Stark (Ned's father) and Tywin Lannister was married to their cousins, for example.

Cousin marriage was common, but these two were raised as siblings, totally different. It would be like me finding out at age 17 that my little sister who is 12 is actually my cousin. There is no way I would ever see her as anything but my sister.

Archived