Bran communicating with Littlefinger??

Hi Guys, don't know if this has been brought up before.

In the last episode when Sansa is walking away from Littlefinger (he is standing in front of the weirwood tree) it seemed to me that something caught his attention.

Something sutle, I felt it was a peculiar reaction from him.

Anyone else think the same thing? 

Is the tree communicating with him??

I don't think so, the stories of Sansa and Baelish are not part in the magical realm of the story, the scene was just a throwback to a scene between Ned and Cat from episode 1 of sason 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHvRaNrNSY

I think that first he wanted to dazzle her with the idea of the iron throne but when he failed and she walked away (the moment you asking for) he just found another way to try to get what he wants which is playing with the fact that Jon is a bastard and not the rightful ruler of Winterfell

22 hours ago, Starks of Winter said:

Hi Guys, don't know if this has been brought up before.

In the last episode when Sansa is walking away from Littlefinger (he is standing in front of the weirwood tree) it seemed to me that something caught his attention.

Something sutle, I felt it was a peculiar reaction from him.

Anyone else think the same thing? 

Is the tree communicating with him??

LF don't believe in any god, so I would say no.

18 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't think so, the stories of Sansa and Baelish are not part in the magical realm of the story, the scene was just a throwback to a scene between Ned and Cat from episode 1 of sason 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHvRaNrNSY

I think that first he wanted to dazzle her with the idea of the iron throne but when he failed and she walked away (the moment you asking for) he just found another way to try to get what he wants which is playing with the fact that Jon is a bastard and not the rightful ruler of Winterfell

Sansa walked away from LF twice. The first time it is straight after she said 'Pretty picture'. Then LF reminded her that he'd declared for house Stark... she responded "You have declared for other houses before Lord Baelish but it never stopped you from serving yourself." 

LF : "... Who should the north rally behind? True born daughter of Ned and Cat born here in WF? or the bastard born in the south?"

To that, Sansa didn't say anything and walked away... 

That's the moment she's refering to. Seems like something drew his attention. Sansa walked away the second time after LF had already mentionned the fact that Jon was a bastard... not before.... And straight after that, we have Benjen, Meera and Bran...

Just the fact that they were in the presence of the weirwood made me wonder something similar. I don't really think any body was trying to communicate, but somebody was definitely watching. So whoever that was, probably bran, they know that LF i trying to claim the throne, and that sansa denied him. It may be important next season.

On 7/5/2016 at 1:09 AM, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Sansa walked away from LF twice. The first time it is straight after she said 'Pretty picture'. Then LF reminded her that he'd declared for house Stark... she responded "You have declared for other houses before Lord Baelish but it never stopped you from serving yourself." 

LF : "... Who should the north rally behind? True born daughter of Ned and Cat born here in WF? or the bastard born in the south?"

To that, Sansa didn't say anything and walked away... 

That's the moment she's refering to. Seems like something drew his attention. Sansa walked away the second time after LF had already mentionned the fact that Jon was a bastard... not before.... And straight after that, we have Benjen, Meera and Bran...

Yes, that's the moment.

even if that is happening LF will probably think that this is an amazing future version of himself talking to him,  and LF cannot and must not pay attention to, because LF knows that LF is not to be trusted.

I think he is obviously noticing something because he turns and makes an inquisitive expression. This will probably be revealed in a deleted scene or next season. I think it is significant because I think this is the same clip that was in trailer #2 for this season. (Unless they just wanted it for the trailer to make us wonder. ) Anyway, it is strange.

I want to say no because I don't want to afford Baelish any more credit than he deserves, but there is definitely something in that look. I'm not sure that LF is communicating with Bran, but the significance of the weirwood setting, followed directly by the scene with Bran didn't go unnoticed.

Just a friendly reminder that this is the show we are talking about here....a very basic, streamlined show that is coming to a close...

There are no conspiracy theories, no weird/odd encounters.  Nothing strange or hidden.  What we saw was exactly what we saw.  LF and Sansa talking near the Weirwood.  Besides, the show hasn't made reference *once* that Bran can see real-time events through the trees, only past events.  Now, that's not to say the show won't do it next season, but somehow I doubt it, considering Brans already at the wall and one can assume back to WF.  So who would he contact via a tree?

On 04/07/2016 at 7:35 PM, brightflame princess said:

Just the fact that they were in the presence of the weirwood made me wonder something similar. I don't really think any body was trying to communicate, but somebody was definitely watching. So whoever that was, probably bran, they know that LF i trying to claim the throne, and that sansa denied him. It may be important next season.

and bran had the same tree beside him... the one he used to travel to the tower of joy...

On 07/07/2016 at 6:22 PM, SevasTra82 said:

Just a friendly reminder that this is the show we are talking about here....a very basic, streamlined show that is coming to a close...

There are no conspiracy theories, no weird/odd encounters.  Nothing strange or hidden.  What we saw was exactly what we saw.  LF and Sansa talking near the Weirwood.  Besides, the show hasn't made reference *once* that Bran can see real-time events through the trees, only past events.  Now, that's not to say the show won't do it next season, but somehow I doubt it, considering Brans already at the wall and one can assume back to WF.  So who would he contact via a tree?

I beg your pardon but EVERYTHING is strange and hidden in this Show... 

You wrote "What we saw was exactly what we saw.  LF and Sansa talking near the Weirwood" and then you wrote "... and one can assume back to WF"

So I don't recall hearing Bran saying that he was going to WF... We see is what we see, right? 

And why would bran go to WF? With the mark on his hand?... I know the Knight's King could enter the cave because when he touched Bran, he was IN the cave... So maybe he won't be able to pass the wall ? Or will he?

What I understood by reading one of the comments above, is that Bran will not communicate with LF... But he can 'see'... And maybe LF's reaction is just the feeling that eyes were on him... In fact, even in the books, Catlyn discribed those woods as if someone was constantly watching her... I reckon it's the same feeling LF had... IMO... And of course, speculations.

I was looking back at the scene with LF and Sansa at the Vale Godswood in season 4.  I noticed in that scene they show a camera perspective from the balcony where Lyssa is seen later watching them. If you notice in this scene there is a a camera shot from  the perspective of some knocked down branches in front of the pond. Later  that is where LF turns his head.  I think someone or something was watching. The scenes have parallels. I really don't remember seeing those kind of shots in other scenes in this show. 

10 hours ago, NutBurz said:

@Bear Claw

could you point out which episode (in s4) exactly that happens? You got me curious enough.

Yes, it is episode 7 in season 4. Sansa walks out to the Godswood in the Eyrie. It is snowing . At the beginning of the scene, there is a camera shot from the balcony. I think it is portraying a perspective of a person because the trees are kind of in the way. Next, Sansa starts to build a castle made of snow and Robin joins her. While they are talking, there is another shot from the balcony perspective looking down on Sansa and Robin (again trees kind of in the way).  Robin and Sansa fight. Robin runs off and then LF appears. LF kisses Sansa and then the camera pans out to show Lyssa  in the background, on the balcony right where there was this perspective shot. Lyssa walks off in a huff.

I don't know anything about camera shots, but I think when they show a camera shot looking at a scene with bushes/trees etc. kind of blocking the way they are indicating someone is looking. I didn't realize this  until I was watching The Walking Dead. It was a scene at Terminus. A shot from the trees looking down. Sure enough later the audience sees it was Carol. 

I think that perspective shot from this episode 10(shot of Sansa sitting and LF standing from across the pond with bushes/branches in the way)   paired with his look at the end means someone or something was watching. He does turn his head frequently at the end of scenes, but you can tell he is just trying to think of something else to say. This turn was different because he turns and looks at the branche/bushes and makes a face (squints/scrunches his eyes together) like "What is that?". 

Who or what could it be? Bran (tree), Bran (raven), Jon (I hope he is looking out for Sansa with that creep), Ghost (probably not -he would have attacked LF). Maybe there was more and they dropped the rest of the scene? Perhaps it will be revealed next season, or in a deleted scene? Of course, it could have been nothing, but I have been reviewing a lot of scenes from the show, and I don't see any shots like that one. If they do a long shot of a couple talking it is a straight shot without obstructions (no branches, trees etc) in the way. 

Thank you.

Yes, it could be nothing. But choosing the angle of a take is like the sweet little job of any director, it´s that one thing he has total control over and which can happen exactly like he pictures in his mind, and thus one of the safest ways to understand what a director had in mind with a certain shot. In a story in which people can actually transport themselves into unsuspecting trees, it would be surprising if such an effect was not used.

27 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

Thank you.

Yes, it could be nothing. But choosing the angle of a take is like the sweet little job of any director, it´s that one thing he has total control over and which can happen exactly like he pictures in his mind, and thus one of the safest ways to understand what a director had in mind with a certain shot. In a story in which people can actually transport themselves into unsuspecting trees, it would be surprising if such an effect was not used.

Yes, and as someone else (sorry I can't remember who)  pointed out,  the next scene is Bran at the Weirwood, so there is that too. I think he can see through ravens now. If it was Jon, then the next scene is him looking very pensive at the beginning of the KiTN, He looked very sad (he always does though). He seemed very unsure at the start of that scene, so maybe he did hear LF saying all that who would rally behind a bastard from the South stuff. He kind of gives LF a quick shy glance during that scene too. I think it was at LF because you can see LF's head as Jon looks that way. Like Jon knows what LF thinks of him. I could be wrong, but camera shots are done on purpose. And every movement of the actors is done on purpose as well. 

Archived