Bran communicating with Littlefinger??

15 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I could be wrong, but camera shots are done on purpose. And every movement of the actors is done on purpose as well. 

No, you´re absolutely right. Every time we´re analyzing creative work, we must ask ourselves "why this and not that?" "why those words and not others?" "why that place and not other?" "why that angle and not other?" "why that expression and not other?"

Anyone who has tried to create an extensive/comprehensive piece of creative work knows that the thing a creator lacks the most is space/time. There´s never enough space/time to say/show everything you mean, so you need to resort to several layers of meaning for the same word/image.

I´ve just watched both scenes and others in the wierwood. I think there´s something in there. Even if it might not come to be blatant (a scene with bran directly talking to someone inside a tree), this kind of interaction could be used as a "surprise" and they would have laid the right ground beforehand.

At the very least they´re trying to show the book´s sense of being watched in the weirwood like it´s been said here before.

13 hours ago, NutBurz said:

No, you´re absolutely right. Every time we´re analyzing creative work, we must ask ourselves "why this and not that?" "why those words and not others?" "why that place and not other?" "why that angle and not other?" "why that expression and not other?"

Anyone who has tried to create an extensive/comprehensive piece of creative work knows that the thing a creator lacks the most is space/time. There´s never enough space/time to say/show everything you mean, so you need to resort to several layers of meaning for the same word/image.

I´ve just watched both scenes and others in the wierwood. I think there´s something in there. Even if it might not come to be blatant (a scene with bran directly talking to someone inside a tree), this kind of interaction could be used as a "surprise" and they would have laid the right ground beforehand.

At the very least they´re trying to show the book´s sense of being watched in the weirwood like it´s been said here before.

Absolutely right!! 1st season 2nd episode... Jon is heading to the wall... He stops to talk to Ned... He asked something about his mother... "Does she care about me..." And Ned said 'The next time we will see each other, we will talk about your mother... You might not have my name but you HAVE MY BLOOD"

I was like... WAIIIIITTTT!!!!!! Wait!!!

When he said 'You might not have my name..." I thought he would add "but You ARE MY SON"

And I don't recall Ned talking about Jon saying 'My son or My bastard son' as Roose Bolton did...

From that scene I doubted that Jon was Ned's son... But then I was confused...

No... you're speculating! he's his son...

Anyways just to say that things are clear and hidden at the same time... Just analyse and sometime you'll get to realise that you were actually right... You can either watch GoT like you are watching Cendrillon OR you can either watch it like you're playing Chess...

@Being Daenerys Targaryen

Yep ^^ The show is filled with this.

Another funny example is episode 2 of this season. Around 20 min in, Tommen is saying sorry to Cersei, asking her to teach him to be strong, her face is all like "poor thing, i kinda gave up on you already"; then they hug, the perspective opens to have the balcony as a frame, and the next scene is Mereen´s harpy´s head in the ground and then camera showing "hmm such a high fall". I remember smiling sadly.

On 7/17/2016 at 2:51 PM, Bear Claw said:

Yes, and as someone else (sorry I can't remember who)  pointed out,  the next scene is Bran at the Weirwood, so there is that too. I think he can see through ravens now. If it was Jon, then the next scene is him looking very pensive at the beginning of the KiTN, He looked very sad (he always does though). He seemed very unsure at the start of that scene, so maybe he did hear LF saying all that who would rally behind a bastard from the South stuff. He kind of gives LF a quick shy glance during that scene too. I think it was at LF because you can see LF's head as Jon looks that way. Like Jon knows what LF thinks of him. I could be wrong, but camera shots are done on purpose. And every movement of the actors is done on purpose as well. 

I am not sure about LF strange stare but some of the shots could be explained as hints to viewers and transition to another POV, the show is full of them. But I did expect to see something because LF made that face.

LF is not connected to Bran, but his talk about Jon and looking at Weirwood tree is a transition to Bran's scene.

Jon's face being pensive is because people are arguing again around him and because its his regular face, sad and gloomy.

Jon glancing at LF can be explained as just taking a look at people surrounding him, and then camera centers on LF for us viewers not to mean that Jon LF that but to make sure WE notice that.

46 minutes ago, Masha said:

I am not sure about LF strange stare but some of the shots could be explained as hints to viewers and transition to another POV, the show is full of them. But I did expect to see something because LF made that face.

LF is not connected to Bran, but his talk about Jon and looking at Weirwood tree is a transition to Bran's scene.

Jon's face being pensive is because people are arguing again around him and because its his regular face, sad and gloomy.

Jon glancing at LF can be explained as just taking a look at people surrounding him, and then camera centers on LF for us viewers not to mean that Jon LF that but to make sure WE notice that.

I am not sure if anyone really witnessed what happened in the Godswood. I do think that Bran has strong powers. The 3ec could see through Weirwood trees, ravens, and I think through mists. Just from the camera shots, LF 's face, and comparing this scene to the last Eyrie Godswood (camera shots and Lyssa saw) I  would say someone/thing heard. I could be wrong. The chance Jon was there is really small, but other than Bran he is the only one I can think of who might have been there.  I read somewhere that the show will give some deleted scenes. Maybe this will be one, but I doubt it. Although,  I do think that look that LF gives at the end is meant to be provocative, but as you say, maybe it is all for a transition. 

On 07 July 2016 at 7:22 PM, SevasTra82 said:

Just a friendly reminder that this is the show we are talking about here....a very basic, streamlined show that is coming to a close...

There are no conspiracy theories, no weird/odd encounters.  Nothing strange or hidden.  What we saw was exactly what we saw.  LF and Sansa talking near the Weirwood.  Besides, the show hasn't made reference *once* that Bran can see real-time events through the trees, only past events.  Now, that's not to say the show won't do it next season, but somehow I doubt it, considering Brans already at the wall and one can assume back to WF.  So who would he contact via a tree?

he can see future events too. S4 through the tree (dragons and iron throne) and S6 just after the door tragedy.

he proably sees present events (WWs) in S4's visions too but I m not sure if they are from present time.

I'm on the side that believes pretty much everything on the show should be taken at face value. The show has had plenty of chances to weave more complicated, layered stories, but each time has taken the most direct, linear route.

So what's up with that scene? It was just dramatic. Think how strange it would look if Sansa walked away and all we saw was the back of Littlefinger's head? No , we needed to see his reaction to Sansa. So they had him turn his head just enough so we could see what sort of facial expression he was making. I take his look to be one of consternation and frustration that Sansa isn't seeing things the way he sees them.

That's all. Just a dramatic way to show Littlefinger's feelings without him turning to the camera, breaking the 4th wall, and saying "Gosh darn it all, why doesn't this stupid Stark girl realize I'm DEAD SEXAY and can give her the world????"

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

The show has had plenty of chances to weave more complicated, layered stories, but each time has taken the most direct, linear route.

If I had to bet, I´d put my money on "showing littlefinger´s reaction" and not "tree Bran". ^^

I just like to keep open the possibility that the story revolves around some time/space anomaly that explains their thousands of years of feudalism, which would mean that George would have to tell that to D&D because of the ending, and so they could be leaving breadcrumbs all over the series. Might be wishful thinking, but even if it doesn´t happen, I had fun while the illusion lasted. =D

1 hour ago, NutBurz said:

If I had to bet, I´d put my money on "showing littlefinger´s reaction" and not "tree Bran". ^^

I just like to keep open the possibility that the story revolves around some time/space anomaly that explains their thousands of years of feudalism, which would mean that George would have to tell that to D&D because of the ending, and so they could be leaving breadcrumbs all over the series. Might be wishful thinking, but even if it doesn´t happen, I had fun while the illusion lasted. =D

I don't doubt there are still some big plot twists to come, but I don't think it's in GRRM's plans to do one of THAT magnitude. That would be on par with St. Elsewhere.

I mean, I'd love it if there really is some secret underlying messages that when we see the plot twist we can go back and watch and be like "Of COURSE! It's so obvious now!", but I really just can't see it happening.

6 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I'm on the side that believes pretty much everything on the show should be taken at face value. The show has had plenty of chances to weave more complicated, layered stories, but each time has taken the most direct, linear route.

So what's up with that scene? It was just dramatic. Think how strange it would look if Sansa walked away and all we saw was the back of Littlefinger's head? No , we needed to see his reaction to Sansa. So they had him turn his head just enough so we could see what sort of facial expression he was making. I take his look to be one of consternation and frustration that Sansa isn't seeing things the way he sees them.

That's all. Just a dramatic way to show Littlefinger's feelings without him turning to the camera, breaking the 4th wall, and saying "Gosh darn it all, why doesn't this stupid Stark girl realize I'm DEAD SEXAY and can give her the world????"

You are kidding, aren't you?

If you're not, it's crazy!

So to show us Littlefinger's reaction he has to turn his head? Because Petyr Baelish is the best actor in Westoros? Why would he turn his head? IN the show...?? They could have turn the camera angle...

Really? That's not acting... Because 'Littlefinger' isn't supposed to have a camera on him because it's real life for him... You're making the character IN the show doing things for people OUTSIDE the show... That's impossible! The showrunners are the one WHO do things for the show watchers... Not the characters... 

In Littlefinger's views, there must be a reason why he turned his head! He doesn't care about the show watchers... If they wanted to show us his facial expression, they should have changed the angle... 

Sorry if you missed my point... I don't really know how to express myself in English as it's not my native language...

4 hours ago, NutBurz said:

How? So Littlefinger turns his head to show US his reaction? Does Littlefinger know or care about us? They should have change the angle and shot from Sansa's back... Besides, they stayed in Littlefinger's back and he turned his head... He didn't turn his head straight away but with hesitation... It seems like it's more an odd feeling he had... Like in the books, Caitlyn said that she didn't like the Godswoods because she felt like someone was constantly watching her... (Bleeding eyes from the tree)... So that tree seems to have twins or clones throughout the north... And Bran (who is about to become the 3ER had one next to him...) To add the scene from the Eyrie mentioned before by @Bear Claw where we have LF talking to Sansa but then we see Lysa watching them... In this case we see nobody but we all know that Bran (using the trees) can see the past, the future and ... everything.

So you might be right about "there is nothing"... It might just be another troll like the great north conspiracy thing... And the whole 'The north remembers' from last season... People thought that there was something going on and in the end, nothing... Rickon died and fullfilled his mission in GoT to be a Shaggydog story...

1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

So to show us Littlefinger's reaction he has to turn his head? Because Petyr Baelish is the best actor in Westoros? Why would he turn his head? IN the show...?? They could have turn the camera angle...

Really? That's not acting... Because 'Littlefinger' isn't supposed to have a camera on him because it's real life for him... You're making the character IN the show doing things for people OUTSIDE the show... That's impossible! The showrunners are the one WHO do things for the show watchers... Not the characters...

You do need to keep in mind this is first and foremost a television program. Certain things are going to be presented in certain ways to make them more visually pleasing to us, the audience. The show runners liked the angle of Sansa walking away from Littlefinger and probably wanted to show Littlefinger's reaction to the snub. If they changed the camera angle to show his face, you would lose the effect of Sansa walking away in the background, so they had Littlefinger turn his head ever so slightly so we could see the emotions he was feeling at the time. This is a fairly common technique in filming.

3 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

You are kidding, aren't you?

If you're not, it's crazy!

In Littlefinger's views, there must be a reason why he turned his head! He doesn't care about the show watchers... If they wanted to show us his facial expression, they should have changed the angle... 

Sorry if you missed my point... I don't really know how to express myself in English as it's not my native language...

How? So Littlefinger turns his head to show US his reaction? Does Littlefinger know or care about us? They should have change the angle and shot from Sansa's back... Besides, they stayed in Littlefinger's back and he turned his head... He didn't turn his head straight away but with hesitation... It seems like it's more an odd feeling he had... Like in the books, Caitlyn said that she didn't like the Godswoods because she felt like someone was constantly watching her... (Bleeding eyes from the tree)... So that tree seems to have twins or clones throughout the north... And Bran (who is about to become the 3ER had one next to him...) To add the scene from the Eyrie mentioned before by @Bear Claw where we have LF talking to Sansa but then we see Lysa watching them... In this case we see nobody but we all know that Bran (using the trees) can see the past, the future and ... everything.

So you might be right about "there is nothing"... It might just be another troll like the great north conspiracy thing... And the whole 'The north remembers' from last season... People thought that there was something going on and in the end, nothing... Rickon died and fullfilled his mission in GoT to be a Shaggydog story...

I agree with your two thoughts I put in bold. If I remember correctly, the Godswood in the Eyrie couldn't grow a Weirwood. I think in the book ASOS, Sansa said it was, "A godswood without gods, as empty as me." (p.1100), so the gods ( or Bran/3ec) couldn't be watching. Still someone was watching, Lyssa. At Winterfell, it must be Bran watching. I agree there is a theme that someone/thing (gods) is always watching in the godswood. That explains these perspective camera shots. I also want to add that in Season 4 E01, Sansa is in the KL godswood, and Jaimie, Brienne, and Ser Dontos are watching her. Also, with Ser Dontos there is a perspective shot of Sansa  (bushes kind of obstructing) as he follows her. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think Bran is communicating with Littlefinger. I believe it is a small service for those who read the books. In which several times people who are in the presence of a weirwood sometimes hear things from an event they were not present for or just random whispering. 

Archived