Semi Finals :Wales/Portugal, France/Germany, and Finals: France/Portugal

It's Schweinsteiger and Can and no Götze for Germany! I don't know what to think, yet. I'm just glad that Draxler is playing.

France have been my pre tournament favorites, a sentiment they managed subvert slightly in the group stages. While Germany proved to be more solid, though uninspiring, than expected.

I defintely aprove of playing Kroos in a more forward position.

I think it will be a draw and Germany will go out on penalties.

I'm afraid it will be a 5 - 0 rout by France as in the semifinal of the U 21 Euros (Por - Ger), where Can completely lost it and was deservedly voted the worst player on the pitch.

Oh and my feeble support goes to the team that features the last (afaIk) player of Albanian descent.

Go Mustafi!!!

39 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Can does get the start. Looks like he will be in the midfield as well with kimmich still at RB. Kante not starting for France doesn't make much sense to me :/ 

It's a bit odd. I mean, Deschamps has apparently decided that only two of him, Matuidi and Pogba are going to play in the middle which is quite right imo, but since he seems to then be playing Sissoko on the right, surely he'd be better off playing Payet there and Matuidi on the left, a position he's played to great effect before?

I mean, it might just be a case of not wanting to unsettle Payet by shifting wings, even though he can play there, but Deschamps' love of Sissoko does baffle me.

10 minutes ago, Lykoshi said:

I think it will be a draw and Germany will go out on penalties.

I'm afraid it will be a 5 - 0 rout by France as in the semifinal of the U 21 Euros (Por - Ger), where Can completely lost it and was deservedly voted the worst player on the pitch.

Oh and my feeble support goes to the team that features the last (afaIk) player of Albanian descent.

Go Mustafi!!!

Yes, but here Can is not supposed to lead. In the Portugal match he was supposed to lead, and was trashed after the game by the media and some of his team mates (like Ginter) iirc.Playing him in midfield makes sense, since he just sucked as FB/WB, and Kimmich and Hector have played their parts rather convincingly. I am curious how the old man next to him will perform, and how long Schweinsteiger will be on the pitch.

Archived