Semi Finals :Wales/Portugal, France/Germany, and Finals: France/Portugal

Thunderous performance by Germany at times, but France always looked dangerous on the rare occasions they had the ball and with a bit of luck they go in ahead.

Really enjoying this. :)

About the most bizarre way to end the half imaginable. Germany mostly dominant. France weathering a relentless storm after the first ten minutes, but had the better chances, only to go ahead when straining to make it to the second half through a dubious penalty.

Germany seemed like the better team in the first half, but France was more opportunist in the end. The hand was a lucky stroke for them, but they capitalized.

Shame that Giroud failed to follow up on his escape.

Just now, Consigliere said:

Don't know what Schweinsteiger was thinking leading with his arm like that. Great spot by the ref.

He's never winning the header so I think he's trying to knock Evra off balance. I'm not sure if it's deliberate hand ball but he's fouling Evra anyway.

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

He's never winning the header so I think he's trying to knock Evra off balance. I'm not sure if it's deliberate hand ball but he's fouling Evra anyway.

Yeah, a moment of stupidity to follow on from Boateng's moment of stupidity against Italy.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but there was nothing dubious about the penalty. On first view I called foul, but several replays clearly showed that the German player nearly punched the ball off. 

4 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

I don't think Shweinsteiger intended it. I t looked like he was trying to swerve out the way.

His hand shouldn't be where it was, regardless of intent. It is - for everyone save Superman - an unnatural position, and thus a penalty.

Archived