did the Lords of the vale betrayed SweetRobbin ?

When declaring Jon as their king , w/o Robbin  present , and w/o LittleFinger agreement , didn't the lord of the vale betrayed sweetrobbin ?

( the lords of the rivverland declared to Robb while Admure was present and declaring to Rob with them    , so it is not the same case ) 

its seems to me that everyone were raising their sword and shouting "king of the north"   , include the knight of the vale.

in GOT ( season 1_  ,  the riverland Lord did shout "king of the north"  and declared for Rob  , and accept him as king. Admure reported to Rob. 

the thing is tully never had own king,  they always has been vassal and just happens to chose robb instead of joffrey

aegon conquer took riverrun from king of iron isles and riverrun, after that greyjoy was made lord of iron isles and tully lord of riverrun

vale is kingdom on own, arryn has been kings thousand years

If the vast majority of Vale Lords declare for Jon, there really isn't a whole lot that little lord arryn can do, even if littlefinger doesn't support the declaration.  He can either support and be apart of the majority or be cut out by his own Lords.  That all depends on whether or not the Vale Lords are just supporting Jon, or joining him.  The Vale Lords may still be loyal to the arryn name, but there is little love for littlefinger from the Vale Lords.  If the vast support of the Vale goes with the KitN, arryn and littlefinger can either go with current or be swept away by it.  I don't think Jon would allow that to happen to his cousin, but littlefinger would be screwed if he openly opposed Jon.

When the Vale Knights are shouting "King in the North" I assumed they were just supporting Jon's rise to King, not that they actually changed allegiance to him. They are just happy to know that now they are not bordered by a land with a ticking time bomb for a leader.

2 minutes ago, Net-Viper X said:

When the Vale Knights are shouting "King in the North" I assumed they were just supporting Jon's rise to King, not that they actually changed allegiance to him. They are just happy to know that now they are not bordered by a land with a ticking time bomb for a leader.

This was my thinking also. LF still has the VK and Robin under his control, and IIRC LF told Sansa he let it be known he has allied with house Stark

The only person in that scene who politically represents the Vale is LF. The rest is just happy to remake an old alliance, and like other people said, the Vale is not in the North. I can scream "long live the Queen" all I want and it won´t make my country a subordinate of England.

I think Bronze Yohn represents the majority opinion of the Vale lords, which is: Baelish isn't to be trusted and while they are loyal to house Arryn, Robin would be a disaster if left to his own devices.  Since the Vale lords have forsaken the Iron Throne, declaring for Jon as the King in the North gives them a leader more similar to Jon Arryn.  The next move would be to marry Robin off to a strong woman who could lead the Vale.  This is probably Sansa, plus her lineage cold bring the Riverlands back into the fold.  The show seems determined to put her at odds with Jon though, so who knows.

20 hours ago, bobcat987 said:

I think Bronze Yohn represents the majority opinion of the Vale lords, which is: Baelish isn't to be trusted and while they are loyal to house Arryn, Robin would be a disaster if left to his own devices.  Since the Vale lords have forsaken the Iron Throne, declaring for Jon as the King in the North gives them a leader more similar to Jon Arryn.  The next move would be to marry Robin off to a strong woman who could lead the Vale.  This is probably Sansa, plus her lineage cold bring the Riverlands back into the fold.  The show seems determined to put her at odds with Jon though, so who knows.

if Yohn  really joined to the north then he would have executed right there for betrayal, as vale bannerman and oathbreaker

5 hours ago, bobcat987 said:

The show seems determined to put her at odds with Jon though, so who knows.

Especially in the "Behind the scenes" video they put up. 

Sansa being passed over? They seem to forget they had her become Lady Bolton for some reason, yet still try and call her Lady Stark. 

The show-runners can't even keep their own modified story together these days.

5 hours ago, Tchzaelous said:

Especially in the "Behind the scenes" video they put up. 

Sansa being passed over? They seem to forget they had her become Lady Bolton for some reason, yet still try and call her Lady Stark. 

The show-runners can't even keep their own modified story together these days.

Because they have passed a huge plot in the book and they're rushing forwards, maybe Jon will be crowned as king in the north but not in the next book but the book after that. Lol

Sansa is called Lady Stark instead of Lady Bolton because she and everyone else want to put her marriage to Ramsay behind them. She declared that she's a Stark when speaking to Lyanna Mormont.

Littlefinger (who controls Robin and is therefore de facto Lord of the Vale) stated, "I've declared for House Stark for all to hear". So it would appear that House Arryn is currently subordinate to House Stark.

7 hours ago, Tchzaelous said:

They seem to forget they had her become Lady Bolton for some reason, yet still try and call her Lady Stark. 

What nonsense is that? She is Lady Stark. Ramsay is dead, and Sansa isn't pregnant, nor is she ruling Bolton lands, she is ruling Stark lands that she inherited from her father/brother. So of course they call her Lady Stark.

6 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Littlefinger (who controls Robin and is therefore de facto Lord of the Vale) stated, "I've declared for House Stark for all to hear". So it would appear that House Arryn is currently subordinate to House Stark.

He declared alliegance, through the act of helping them in battle. He didn´t pledge fealty. Not only they would have to show us Littlefinger kneeling, that could only happen after there is a King.

Its was just forced from a direction standpoint. The director really needed to show that  the whole floor unanimously declared for Jon with LF being the only silent person. As the Vale lords should be almost half of the room if they didn't cheer the result would be underwelming.

29 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

Its was just forced from a direction standpoint. The director really needed to show that  the whole floor unanimously declared for Jon with LF being the only silent person. As the Vale lords should be almost half of the room if they didn't cheer the result would be underwelming.

By that logic why did they then intentionally show that Tormund and the Wildlings were not screaming "King in the North"?

Archived