did the Lords of the vale betrayed SweetRobbin ?

The Knights of the Vale are all about oldschool valor and fighting so naturally they'd chant for the newly appointed warrior king, Jon. Don't think they cared too much about what the scheming LF was thinking about or their frail lord who no one even likes.

Honestly, if LF tried to have lil ol SweetRobin do anything to the knights because of this, I don't see how a Doran situation doesn't happen eventually. Hell, here it would make more sense to do it! This kid is literally weak as hell, dumb, and gives way too much power to a guy they all equivocally hate.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:55 AM, Itai Peer said:

When declaring Jon as their king , w/o Robbin  present , and w/o LittleFinger agreement , didn't the lord of the vale betrayed sweetrobbin ?

( the lords of the rivverland declared to Robb while Admure was present and declaring to Rob with them    , so it is not the same case ) 

The didn't make Jon their king, they recognized him as the king in the north (which they are not part of). There is a big difference.

18 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Sansa is called Lady Stark instead of Lady Bolton because she and everyone else want to put her marriage to Ramsay behind them. She declared that she's a Stark when speaking to Lyanna Mormont.

Littlefinger (who controls Robin and is therefore de facto Lord of the Vale) stated, "I've declared for House Stark for all to hear". So it would appear that House Arryn is currently subordinate to House Stark.

That's not how it works. She's Sansa Bolton whether she likes it or not. If the show-runners didn't want to call her Lady Bolton they shouldn't have had her get married to him.

"Your name will fade away and you will be forgotten." 

Apparently, because she can't even remember her own last name.

I don't think they've explicitly sworn fealty to Jon, but I also don't think Yohn would backstab Jon because Littlefinger commands him to, Sweetrobin or no. The Royces have married Starks multiple times and Yohn wanted Lysa to declare for Robb. Yohn always liked the Starks and his family has historical ties with them. If Jon and Sansa were wise they'd look for a way to replace Littlefinger and/or Sweetrobin with Yohn Royce.

58 minutes ago, nothatso said:

I don't think they've explicitly sworn fealty to Jon, but I also don't think Yohn would backstab Jon because Littlefinger commands him to, Sweetrobin or no. The Royces have married Starks multiple times and Yohn wanted Lysa to declare for Robb. Yohn always liked the Starks and his family has historical ties with them. If Jon and Sansa were wise they'd look for a way to replace Littlefinger and/or Sweetrobin with Yohn Royce.

If the writers were wise, this would have been Sansa's S5 and S6 storyline. Instead, she gets shuttled off to the North to be raped and brutalized daily by a sociopath, courtesy of LF who btw can now be hailed as a hero and savior of the North.

On 7/4/2016 at 8:18 AM, Itai Peer said:

its seems to me that everyone were raising their sword and shouting "king of the north"   , include the knight of the vale.

in GOT ( season 1_  ,  the riverland Lord did shout "king of the north"  and declared for Rob  , and accept him as king. Admure reported to Rob. 

The North is not the Vale.  They are (were) 2 separate Kingdoms before Aegon's Conquest.

King in/of the Notht is not King of the Vale.

Chanting King in the North was merely showing respect for the North's newly elected King.

At best, they were only affirming their support for Jon as part of the Vales and House Arryn's alliance with House Stark.

On 5/7/2016 at 8:20 PM, Eddard the Builder said:

By that logic why did they then intentionally show that Tormund and the Wildlings were not screaming "King in the North"?

Didn't notice that. In any ways I can't imagine that the Vale declares for a King in the North as their liege lord.

On 7/5/2016 at 10:39 AM, Taemlyn Blackfyre said:

Royce is Ned's cousin, they were good friends, so the Royces support Starks.

Friends with Ned, yes. Cousin, no.

The "Stark Cousins" in the Vale are a different branch of House Royce. At least, in the books. The show might or might not change that, if they keep it at all.

• 1 month later...

In my opinion the Knights of the Vale and the Vale Lords were merely showing support and acknowledgement of Jon Snow as King in the North. I did not see anyone from the Vale pledge fealty.

Now if they wanted to there is nothing Lord Robyn or Littlefinger can do. Yohn Royce is the strongest of the vassal lords and Littlefinger has been heavy handed with him. What do you think Royce will do if Jon tells him Littlefinger sold Sansa to the Boltons? I highly doubt Royce would just take that one lying down.

Archived