War Amongst The Starks

So they're setting up Sansa to "betray" Jon next season because she's been acting shady this season. She didn't tell Jon about the Knights of the Vale, she was arguing with him, and she looked a bit envious (or just not happy) when Jon was pronounced King in the North. It looks like Littlefinger got in her head. 

And Arya has become a cold-blooded assassin and will murder anyone who she feels wronged her or anyone she loves in the slightest, even if that person is very close to her. 

D&D basically confirm this about the both of them (that Sansa is mistrustful and jealous of Jon and that Arya is headed to a dark place). 

Now lets look at how similar these scenes are:

- Ned tells Arya that Winter is coming and that "we cannot fight a war amongst ourselves."
- In this scene, winter is finally here. Jon says the same words as his father, "we cannot fight a war amongst ourselves."

Is this a just a coincidence or will there really be a war amongst them?

I think Sansa will "betray" Jon, Arya will kill her, and then realize later on that Sansa was innocent and it was all a big misunderstanding. This will likely put Arya in an even darker place.

Will Jon have to kill Arya after she has done this? 

You're thinking too much. The writers will never create something as complicated as that, besides Jon would never hurt arya and neither she would hurt him. They were the closes starks, true starks. Jon, Arya and Bran were true starks and took after ned and Lyanna in terms of looks and being a real starks. Robb, Sansa and Rickon took after their mother, they were Tullys in reality, very little stark in them.

Look at Robb, makes an oath and then breaks which leads to his death---Tully

Sansa, her father is beheaded in front of her and instead of avenging him by cutting jeoffrey to pieces in his sleep, she cowards and becomes a punching bag----Tully

Rickon, well he didnt do anything, but he looked like a Tully and didnt zig zag----Tully

Edmure, helped bring down Robb by disobeying his orders. Let the Kingslayer played mindgames with him and made him betrayed his own uncle and troops which led to his uncle death----Tully

Catelyn, destroyed the Starks by telling Ned to trust littlefinger, taking tyrion lannister hostage and freeing the kingslayer which led to revolt by one of the north lords against Robb. Also didnt counsel Robb well about Walder Frey, the Tullys knew about the treasonous behavior of Walder Frey yet allowed Robb to feel secured with him-----Super Tully.

The Blackfish might had taken after his mother, he definitely didnt behave like a Tully

I don't think there will be a real war between the Starks but I am 90% little finger will dupe Sansa into giving him more power then he will kill her. D&D have a hard on for little finger and they really want to kill of another stark so Sansa will die in S7

4 hours ago, Valar Morning said:

I think Sansa will "betray" Jon, Arya will kill her, and then realize later on that Sansa was innocent and it was all a big misunderstanding. This will likely put Arya in an even darker place.

Will Jon have to kill Arya after she has done this?

I can tell you what will happen in S7 between Sansa and Jon

you will see Sansa conspiring with LF against Jon, you will tear off your hair, cry and you will say "why she's doing that to my Jon" and "this traitor" and then sansa will come to LF and say to him "Hey LF, I played the double agent for my brother, now you gonna die" and kill him and you will jump from happiness and say "Sansa is my princess", "I love her", "she was playing LF all along"

it's called drama and shock value

D&D will never put two fan favourite starks against each other

You will never see a stark killing another stark

http://i.imgur.com/zmNInt3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

you will see Sansa conspiring with LF against Jon, you will tear off your hair, cry and you will say "why she's doing that to my Jon" and "this traitor" and then sansa will come to LF and say to him "Hey LF, I played the double agent for my brother, now you gonna die" and kill him and you will jump from happiness and say "Sansa is my princess", "I love her", "she was playing LF all along"

Sounds about right

Nope, not going to happen.

I don't see Sansa betraying Jon in the future. I think the strain in their relationship that D&D and some of the cast have been hinting at is caused by some course of action they will disagree on at some point. Sansa is becoming a player as taught by LF, while Jon is a true Stark, which means he is still literally honourable to a fault and that is likely to cost him some more in the future. I think Sansa sees that trait in him and is trying to make Jon realise it too and protect both of them. Also, LF is still there trying to work his way between Sansa and Jon and trying his best to sow the seeds of mistrust and betrayal. But I don't think he'll succeed. I think Sansa (or Jon, or both) will take care of him before it happens.

As for Arya, she is on a mission to extract revenge from those who had a part in killing off her family... why would she herself decide to kill another Stark? If (when) Arya is rejoined with another Stark, it will be a happy moment, although both parties have gone through so much and changed significantly, which means it will be tough at first. Imagine Sansa or Jon's reaction if they knew what Arya had become. Or Arya's reaction to Jon's death and resurrection, or Sansa's reaction to all that's happened to Bran... (Although I could see Arya hiding her FM identity from her family, for some time at least.)

Sansa is the only one with a track record of betraying the family.  It would be pretty sad if she learned nothing from her experiences and still sold out her family to Littlefinger or someone else.  Jon doesn't seem particularly comfortable as KitN, but it is an expedient way for him to command a large enough force to combat the White Walkers.  Bran seems least likely to do any ill towards his family, and I could see Jon ceding KitN to him but remaining the commander of the Northern forces.  I could see Arya doing something to Sansa if she did betray the family, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Exactly. Plus having dreamy princess sansa from season 1 outscheme littlefinger is perfect narrative arc.

I do not think a Stark will betray another Stark again.  I do think that LF is a problem for Jon.  We know LFs vision and right now, he has a brand new opponent in Jon.  LF will probably try to use Sansa but I think (I hope) she has learned something from him and uses him right back. I have zero worries about Bran or Arya hurting a Stark.

For the writers to mount a potential 'Sansa betrays' storyline, they need more episodes. There are only 13 episodes left.  We can all guess that the remaining last episodes (2 or 3) will be about the WW and the war with them.  We can also guess that the beginning 2 episodes will be about Dany and her fleet adventures.  The show has to also resolve the Jaime/Cersei story, the LF story, Arya's travels,  Bran's visions, Sam's finds, Jorah's medical hunt, and Jon's parents to Jon.  I do not see the time to mount a full-scale Sansa betrays Jon story.  

There will be conflict. Sansa is a goner if she doesn't side with Jon in the end. She's not a top tier, endgame character and anyone who has gone against Jon (and has not turned into an ally like Tormund) has met a bad end.

You wild and crazy guys and your zig-zigzagging.  Professional soldiers with actual battle and sniper expereince say zigzagging is useless and also stupid. :cheers:

Some reviewers actually interviewed some of those who have seen extensive combat in the Middle East -- some who were snipers even -- and that's what these military fellows said.

Also, if actual soldiers don't cut it as expertise, recall in David Simon's Generation Kill, how much fun the soldiers made of the embedded journalist who went zig-zagging when fire broke out.  :ph34r:

I actually think the exact opposite to you OP. It seems to me like Sansa has figured out what is important to her and that it is not all about what you want but what you have and she now has Jon by her side. Looked to me like they were setting up Littlefinger's downfall for Season 7 by finally coming out with his true intentions verbally. He will try to take down Jon and Sansa will ultimately be his downfall, she is his main weakness and everyone's weaknesses are exploited in the great game.

2 minutes ago, Arya Mad? said:

I actually think the exact opposite to you OP. It seems to me like Sansa has figured out what is important to her and that it is not all about what you want but what you have and she now has Jon by her side. Looked to me like they were setting up Littlefinger's downfall for Season 7 by finally coming out with his true intentions verbally. He will try to take down Jon and Sansa will ultimately be his downfall, she is his main weakness and everyone's weaknesses are exploited in the great game.

The show-runners were definitely hinting at the betrayal... Which is why I don't think it will happen. These are, after all, the same guys who told us for a year Kit Harrington was definitely done with the show.

They are just stirring the pot in a certain direction so they can swoop in and stir the other way next season.

Instead of leaving hints like George does in the books, the show-runners prefer diversion and baiting. 

I think next season will be like a mess with Sansa distrusts Jon because he is just a half brother and she thinks he doesn't take her seriously, plus we have LF feeding negative feelings towards Jon as well. Then they find out his true parents and Jon will be made to quit being King in the North. Jon might have to go solo for a while then suddenly a dragon finds him, or he finds a dragon. Then he will embrace his Targaryen identity fully. He will not die so soon because he is needed for the biggest battle. If Jon dies, it will be in season 8 and at the very near end. 

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

You wild and crazy guys and your zig-zigzagging.  Professional soldiers with actual battle and sniper expereince say zigzagging is useless and also stupid. :cheers:

Some reviewers actually interviewed some of those who have seen extensive combat in the Middle East -- some who were snipers even -- and that's what these military fellows said.

Also, if actual soldiers don't cut it as expertise, recall in David Simon's Generation Kill, how much fun the soldiers made of the embedded journalist who went zig-zagging when fire broke out.  :ph34r:

Arrows are slower than bullets, but yeah in this day and age it's all about exposing as little of yourself as possible through crawling, short dashes etc

I think it will first look like Sansa is betraying Jon with Littlefinger, but then it will be revealed that is was only acting and then she will execute Littlefinger.

Arya will go on a bloody revenge-rampage and it will be the hound who pulls her out of it.

I think it depends on GRRM's ultimate arc for Sansa.  Right now she is what? 15? not married yet and hiding in the Vale.

1.  If she ends up dying in books (however which way) then on TV Arya or Jon will kill her but Sansa will be "innocent" of any wrongdoing so it parallels Lady's death and causes an internet maelstrom.

2.  If she ends up living  and does something important it is sort of tricky depending on how/whether she gets the throne, stays married to Tyrion or marries some other player.  TV will probably use Tension between Jon and Sansa to keep drama rolling.

3.  What giant at WF will she slay?  LF, Ramsay Bolton, the Night King?

The way I saw that scene was that Sansa was happy for Jon but when she saw Littlefinger looking at them in a displeased manner her expression turned to oh shit I have to deal with this guy now. If the producers go down the route of showing tension between Jon and Sansa and turning it into a battle between the starks after all has happened it will lesson the appeal of the show. It would be stupid.

Come up with a better storyline. Next season should be Sansa plotting Littlefinger's demise, he really needs to go because in the grand scheme of things he's nothing.

Archived