Will you still hang out at the forum while reading WoW?

Sigella

I was just thinking how I certainly aren't gonna even visit westeros.org while reading WoW - which lead me to wonder what other people are planning.

My reason for not to is spoilers. The only exception would be a quick wiki if I'd have to look something up.

Whats your plans?

The night is dark and full of spoilers.

Like you I will not be visiting the forum while reading TWoW. I may visit the wiki but will try to reduce the need by doing a read through prior to TWoW and using the world book.

It's bad enough trying to avoid information about the sample chapters...

1 hour ago, aFeastForDragons said:

A month or two before the book is released I'm going to avoid any ASOIAF page in case there are leaks or spoilers. When the books out I'm going to read it and let it sink in first before finally coming back to the forums to see what other people's thoughts and theories are. 

This.

I will not visit this or any other forum, I will not watch TV, I will not read other books or the newspaper, I probably wont sleep much either from the day I get my hands on the WoW until I read the last page. 

13 minutes ago, hitman47 said:

when WOW will be relased

As Mirri Maz Duur says to Dany:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then you will get the next book.

...or something like that

1 hour ago, aFeastForDragons said:

A month or two before the book is released I'm going to avoid any ASOIAF page in case there are leaks or spoilers. When the books out I'm going to read it and let it sink in first before finally coming back to the forums to see what other people's thoughts and theories are. 

Yeah, agreed. Going to do the same thing.

I've already started building a base in my lounge behind the sofa, with cushions for walls and the curtains for a roof!  As soon as I've started reading I'll assume the "trapdoor spider" pose and will attack anything that makes a sound within 20 meters!  My aim is to regress to the cave man age whereby no social media, forums or wikis existed.  Just one man, his cave, his club and a virgin copy of the Wind of Winter.

So I guess my answer's no.........

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

I was just thinking how I certainly aren't gonna even visit westeros.org while reading WoW - which lead me to wonder what other people are planning.

My reason for not to is spoilers. The only exception would be a quick wiki if I'd have to look something up.

Whats your plans?

I get the books as soon as they come out and I am a fast reader.  I will be ahead of most readers on this forum.  As far theories, most of the ones proposed are likely to be inaccurate.  I only visit this forum, perhaps, once per week, maybe even less.  Other members won't spoil the story for me.  So yeah, I will visit the forums while reading. 

Personally, when ADWD came out back in 2011 it really worked for me to read it while visiting the still reading section of the forum, so I think I will do the same when TWOW comes out.

I did not get any major spoiler by sticking to the chapter I was currently reading and I liked reading other people's opinions as they read since no one I knew was reading the book at the moment. It made the reading experience more enjoyable for me. Also, people pointed out things like the Abel=Bael, which I would have definitely missed on my first read.

No way will I be on this site, I might even boycott facebook, but then again, I'll probably read the book in like 2 days. The biggest problem will be since I live in Korea getting the book into my hands. Most likely I'll have my mom purchase it and send it fast travel to my address, but that will still leave me a week of waiting, arrgghh

Archived