Acrophobia 24 - Be the Prophesier! and the winner is .... !

lil' ghost

Welcome Acrophobes to a reboot! Game #24 - You are the Prophesier.

Create a cryptic message, or prophecy, or warning. (like say, Maggy, Quaith or Mel would do. But, you can do whatever you like)

I am going to quote Dolorous Gabe from Acrophobia 10 " In this edition of Acrophobia you get to tell POV characters something about what is going to happen to them. I will provide a character for each round and you get to be transported into GRRM's world at the start of the story and tell them something. It could be a piece of cryptic advice or warning much like that given by Quaithe of the Shadow, or it could be a cryptic forewarning of things to come much like that given by Maggy The Frog. You could use your knowledge of what happens up to where we currently are in the story or you could make up a prophecy for how their story unfolds in The Winds Of Winter and A Dream Of Spring. That's entirely up to you. Hopefully this will lead to a wonderfully rich and diverse range of entries."

The rules:

1. There will be 7 rounds.

2. Each round will begin with a new wedding and a new acronym.

3. Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc or &, @ to make your words make sense.

4. Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will always give 48-72 hours at the very least and probably more. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the famed European scholar yomi, where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5. Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 24 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6. When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

7. Players will then have time to vote for their favourite entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third, in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

8. After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

9. Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

10. You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

Previous Acrophobia games and their winners as recorded in the annals of history by Maester Shadow and completed by the Lady Commander of the White, Gold and Black Cloaks.

Acrophobia #1: Seven Kingdoms // a shadow, posing as Sixchins

Acrophobia #2: Eight Events // a shadow, posing as Sixchins

Acrophobia #3: Seven Devils // a shadow, posing as Turinqui-Calima

Acrophobia #4 Seven Deities // a shadow, posing as Turinqui-Calima

Acrophobia #5: Pleasantly Plump // a shadow, posing as Asshat Ahai

Acrophobia #6: By the Book // a shadow, posing as Evermind

Acrophobia #7: Fan Theories // a shadow, posing as Howlin' Howland

Acrophobia #8: Little Known Facts About the Reeds // a shadow, posing as Fragile Bird

Acrophobia #9: Raven Messages // a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe

Acrophobia #10: You are the Prophesier // a shadow, posing as Lady Blizzardborn

Acrophobia #11 Animal Life //a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe

Acrophobia #12: Players // Paul Rudolph, posing as a shadow

Acrophobia #13: Seasons // a shadow, posing as Ser Not Appearing

Acrophobia #14: Travelling Essos // a shadow, posing as Fragile Bird

Acrophobia #15: Dear Diary // a shadow, posing as Woofless

Acrophobia #16: Updated House Words // a shadow, posing as Lord Lyman

Acrophobia #17: Singular Protagonist Titles // Robin Hood, posing as a shadow

Acrophobia #18: The Grave Epitaph // a shadow, posing as Emmit

Acrophobia #18.5: Ravens from Mom // a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe

Acrophobia #19: Newspaper Headlines // a shadow, posing as Woofless

Acrophobia #20: Last Words // a shadow, posing as Julia H.

Acrophobia #21 Talking animals// Dolorous Gabe, posing as Fragile Bird

Acrophobia #22 Words to votes // a shadow, posing as Julia H.

Acrophobia #23 Wedding Vows // a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe

Acrophobia #24 Be the Prophesier // Fragile Bird

1. Julia H.

2. Howlin' Howland

3. Lady Blizzardborn

4. Fragile Bird

5. Emmit

6. Dolorous Gabe

7. Stoned Heart

8. Castellan

9. Rocksniffer

10. Delspark

11. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

Yay! 3 people so far!

I did some research on the last topic done by DG and he had some great characters... I wasn't thinking about repeating any, but I like 2 of his a lot, especially with the new ideas people could come up with the show series.

So, my question, do you care if I repeat a character or two, or would you like all fresh characters to give prophecies to?

oh another question, do you all want free range on the time in the characters life you are giving the prophecy? I think that's a good idea because there would be such a wide range of ideas, but I want the players opinions.

5 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I don't mind repeat characters. Some are just so versatile for this game.

The forecast for my area is storms off and on for a few days, so...don't start without me! :D

I won't!

I'm thinking of waiting until Monday, unless lots of people sign up by Friday. But, I still wouldn't make a submission due until 3-4 days after the official start.

Maybe I will start a round and give it like 5 - 7 days for submissions?

11 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

Yay! 3 people so far!

I did some research on the last topic done by DG and he had some great characters... I wasn't thinking about repeating any, but I like 2 of his a lot, especially with the new ideas people could come up with the show series.

So, my question, do you care if I repeat a character or two, or would you like all fresh characters to give prophecies to?

oh another question, do you all want free range on the time in the characters life you are giving the prophecy? I think that's a good idea because there would be such a wide range of ideas, but I want the players opinions.

I didn't take part in the earlier game, so all characters will be new to me. 

I like the idea of free range on the time in the characters' life to maximize creativity. Just one question about that: Would it include their future beyond the current story situation? Could we predict what we think might happen to them or do we have to stick with what is already known from the story?

57 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

Umm, so what's the difference between acrophilia and acrophobia?

Can I be in love and afraid at the same time? Does anyone else feel tingles?

Fear makes the love grow stronger!

Acrophilia is, to quote myself as creator-in-chief, "Acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin"

Acrophobia is fun and easygoing, the lovable Kimmy Schmidt of the Acrogames. Acrophilia, meanwhile, is intimidating and sexy, the Jack Donaghy of the Acrogames (to continue along the Tina Fey-inspired comparison lines).

Clear as mud?  :P

3 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

Thanks, DG. 

I'm not convinced that my mild (sometimes chemically enhanced)  dyslexia will allow me to be effective in both games at once.  :D

Admittedly, playing both at the same time can be time consuming and a little overwhelming.

You don't want to start waking up at 3am due to nightmares about that infuriatingly positioned 'J' in your Acrophobia acronym or about murdering the author of the most evil Acrophilia clue there has ever been in the history of Acrophilia (a regular occurrence).

8 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I didn't take part in the earlier game, so all characters will be new to me. 

I like the idea of free range on the time in the characters' life to maximize creativity. Just one question about that: Would it include their future beyond the current story situation? Could we predict what we think might happen to them or do we have to stick with what is already known from the story?

I want you all to do what ever time you'd like in their life. Whether from the past, or the future -into TWOW and ADOS.. or beyond. It's up to you :) I wanna see those creative juices flow!

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Admittedly, playing both at the same time can be time consuming and a little overwhelming.

You don't want to start waking up at 3am due to nightmares about that infuriatingly positioned 'J' in your Acrophobia acronym or about murdering the author of the most evil Acrophilia clue there has ever been in the history of Acrophilia (a regular occurrence).

Well, you'll have some nightmares with round 1. I already have a character and the acronym .. sorry! :P

Create your prophecy for ..

ROUND 1:

VARYS

N G E F P T J

It can be something you'd whisper to him in the past, or what is yet to come in the Master of Whispers life.

Deadline Monday July 11th at Noon EST

*I am happy to grant extensions, which I might already do for the first round based on how many can get a submission in*

Archived