Acrophobia 24 - Be the Prophesier! and the winner is .... !

lil' ghost

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I want to say that I like my prophecies a little on the puzzling side.  If you think of the prophecies in the books, they are all open to multiple interpretation....or are downright obscure.

yeah well that may be true but if i am depending on some words to help me get the job done...i want them to be plain as can be

:smoking:

i thought my ticket had been punched for the bottom but ...nnooooo....i got votes... :o

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yes, I noticed.

Just to aggravate you, I should vote you first.    :spank:

Spoiler

probably not safe for work or church...

:smoking:

1st     9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter. 

2nd  11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom

Not too sure if these first two will turn out to be true, but I like them a lot.

3rd      8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch.

4th      1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.

On 8/5/2016 at 5:58 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I agree, but it's a very tricky balance to perfect between puzzling and saying something.

i have been trying to make prophecies with multiple interpretations but I think it is acceptable if it is obvious to us but wouldn't be to the character at the time of being said. I tried a different tactic last round. It did have two variations of its meaning but it was relatively blunt.

Littlefinger? This should be interesting!

The ones I love are the ones that very cleverly use plain language.  

I have an unhealthy dependency on adjectivesstartingwith.com.  I tend to get hung up on certain words and try to shoehorn the rest to fit.

I'm amazed at the list of entries every round.  The Jon prophesies are particularly hard to choose from.

Littlefinger is doing my brain in.  :bawl:  Hopefully there's some special magic in Toronto water to boost my mojo this week :P

1. 8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch. I was thinking how he'd think this was fulfilled by the mutiny and Craster's Keep. Then he'd get stabbed and remember "Oh yeah, that was commanders. Plural."

2. 9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter. Lovely reference to the Tomb of Requirement.

3. 11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom. Ah, cousin Bloodraven/3EC. Or does this refer to Cousin Bran? Either way, it's a solid hit.

4. 3. Flames spring on chilling gods in terrible tenebrous winter. Had to look up tenebrous. Anything that broadens my vocabulary gets a vote, plus it's great anyway.

Was very hard choosing and I'd like to extend Honorable mentions to every other clue.

first        3. Flames spring on chilling gods in terrible tenebrous winter. (Something vague I would say, to mess with him :ninja:Then I might also follow him around using the word tenebrous excesivelly :ninja:)

second  12. Flower safely, overlooked.  Change guile into the true wolf.  (I am not sure about the end result, but for the idea! Hopefully Tormund would overhear the first two words :rolleyes: )

third       9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter. ( :ninja: )

fourth     11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom

vote

first - #7 - this is the best fucking phobe entry ever...:commie:

second - #4 - straightforward and helpful... just like..."Get your ass to Mars..."

third - #1 - again straightforward and completely useful info to ...get 'er done...

fourth - #11 - a prophecy based on a theory asserting folklore is real... ok i'll go for it

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

HAHAHA   is 7 a prophecy or a demand?

Either way, thanks go to its author for the laugh  :lol:

Edited to add: I guess it is hoped to be a self-fulfilling prophecy ;)

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

I could probably guess who came up with that one.

43 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

vote

first - #7 - this is the best fucking phobe entry ever...:commie:

second - #4 - straightforward and helpful... just like..."Get your ass to Mars..."

third - #1 - again straightforward and completely useful info to ...get 'er done...

fourth - #11 - a prophecy based on a theory asserting folklore is real... ok i'll go for it

I guess I was wrong.

13 hours ago, Stoned Heart said:

Hopefully there's some special magic in Toronto water to boost my mojo this week :P

The Toronto water has done nothing for my acros for the last few weeks :wacko:

1) 12. Flower safely, overlooked.  Change guile into the true wolf. 

2) 11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom

3) 8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch.

4) 1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.

My votes for round 7

1st:   1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.

2nd:   3. Flames spring on chilling gods in terrible tenebrous winter. 

3rd:   4. Fallacious son!  Ousted crow!  Ghost inhabiter!..   To the wall! 

4th:   7. Female seeks oral completion. Get in there! Tongue, Wolf! (I'm sure there is a deeper meaning :P)

Really good round, everyone!  It was so hard to choose.

First:  9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter. 

Second:  4. Fallacious son!  Ousted crow!  Ghost inhabiter!..   To the wall! 

Third:  11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom

Fourth:  8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch.

HMs to 6, 7 and 12

1st.    8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch.  If he was given this as he was leaving for the Wall, he would be put on his guard without knowing his future, and then have an "Ah ha" moment.

2nd.   1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.  If he heard this, again, at the start, I think he'd be saying WTF?

3rd.    6. Forget summer.  Only covert, genealogically interesting, Targaryens tame winter.   "Forget summer?  Huh?  Bran's wolf?  Or the season?  Targaryens?  Huh?"

4th.    9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter.  One that is unknown still, into the future.  Let's see if there is guidance in the crypts from forefathers, and not just Mother.

I have changed my picks several times now, HMs to everyone else!

Archived