Acrophobia 24 - Be the Prophesier! and the winner is .... !

lil' ghost

i've had a hell of a morning. one of our cars was broken into, but not much important was taken. But, 2 other neighbors had their cars broken into and 1 had their car stolen. I just don't have the time before I leave for work in an hour, so I'll do everything in the morning. Besides, I only have 10 submissions...for the last round.. so, i'll post around 10am EDT tomorrow

38 minutes ago, lil' ghost said:

i've had a hell of a morning. one of our cars was broken into, but not much important was taken. But, 2 other neighbors had their cars broken into and 1 had their car stolen. I just don't have the time before I leave for work in an hour, so I'll do everything in the morning. Besides, I only have 10 submissions...for the last round.. so, i'll post around 10am EDT tomorrow

:grouphug:

3 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

That stinks. I hope they catch whoever did it!

No rush, lil. 

5 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

We can all be patient.

6 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

Damn it all.  :angry:

9 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

man that sucks ass...in a bad way... :frown5:

hang in there...

:smoking:

Round 7 Voting

#1 1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.

#2  9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter. 

#3  10. Fist? - Survivable.

Others? - Challenging. Give invitations to Tormund's Wildlings.

#4  11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom

11 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

i've had a hell of a morning. one of our cars was broken into, but not much important was taken. But, 2 other neighbors had their cars broken into and 1 had their car stolen.

That's really bad! Hope you recover soon from the shock.

thank you everyone for the well wishes!  :grouphug: They haven't found our neighbor's car yet, but everything is fine, it just hasn't happened in our neighborhood before so it's a shock, plus it makes me super nervous. i haven't been feeling well lately with my allergies or whatever I'm coming down with, and I was up tossing and turning all night because of that and paranoid about my cars. it wasn't fun, hopefully i get some sleep tonight.

I'm starting to do the voting and stuff. I'll be posting soon.

Round 7 Results:

Jon Snow - F S O C G I T T W

1. Find some obsidian. Concentrate genius in terminating terrifying Walkers.  - Lady Blizzardborn

2. Fatherfull son of caring, go into the terrible wild.  - Ser Not Appearing

3. Flames spring on chilling gods in terrible tenebrous winter.   - Dolorous Gabe

4. Fallacious son!  Ousted crow!  Ghost inhabiter!..   To the wall!  - woofless

5. Favor Stannis, Omit Cersei, Gain Iron Throne, Thwart Walkers. - delspark

6. Forget summer.  Only covert, genealogically interesting, Targaryens tame winter.  - Howlin’ Howland

7. Female seeks oral completion. Get in there! Tongue, Wolf!  - Emmit

8. Faithless sycophants oust commanders. Gratuitous infighting threatens the Watch. - RB2G

9. Forefathers Stark offer cryptic guidance. Interred truth thwarts Winter.  - Julia H.

10. Fist? - Survivable.

Others? - Challenging. Give invitations to Tormund's Wildlings.  - rocksniffer

11. Future sways on cousin greenseer imparting trees' true wisdom - Stoned Heart

12. Flower safely, overlooked.  Change guile into the true wolf. - Fragile Bird

Results:

1. Fragile Bird: 78+1+1+3+3+2+1 = 89

2. Julia H.: 63+1+1+3+3+3+3+2+2+1+1+1= 84 +4 = 88

3. Stoned Heart: 64+1+1+3+2+2+2+2+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 83

4. woofless: 71+1+1+2+2+1+1 = 79

5. Dolorous Gabe: 61+1+1+3+2+1+1 = 70

6. Howlin’ Howland: 62+1+1+1+1 = 66

6. Lady Blizzardborn: 52+1+1+3+3+2+1+1+1+1 = 66

8. RB2G: 51+1+1+3+3+1+1+1 = 62

9. rocksniffer: 55+1+1+2+1 = 56

10.  Emmit: 48+1+1+3+1 = 54

11. delspark: 35+1+1= 37

12. yomi: 35

13. Castellan:  23

14. Ser Not Appearing: 1+1+1+2 = 5

15. a shadow: 1+1 = 2

16.  Baseborn Manjack: 1

oooooo weee! Fragile Bird is holding on my one point! Julia H. skyrocketed to 2nd place, chasing down FB. As well as Stoned Heart, she's trying fiercely to get 1st, or even stay in the top 3. Since there are still plenty of votes and many of you aren't far apart from each other, this is going to be an interesting race to the finish!! Good luck and have fun y'all! I've had a blast hosting!

Final Round Voting!

Round 8:

Littlefinger - P M T C L B N

1. Patience makes trout catching lord barely noticeable. 

2. Played Mercilessly to crushing loss. Befitting noose!

3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis.

4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities. 

5. Pretty maids tell complicated lies, begging notice.

6. Preserve misplaced trust. Coin = largesse. Buy nobility. 

7. Practice more, tiny! Catelyn loves betrothed's naughtiness.

8. Primacy misleads. Totality cost. Liars befriend nobody. 

9. Plotter, manipulator, tread carefully. Lies breed nastiness. 

10. Power.  Money.  Throne.  Charm.  Lie brazenly.  Naturally! 

11. Profligate, machiavellian throne covetousness leaves behind nothingness 

12. Pair Margaery Tommen, Cersei Losing Brains...near  

Vote by Monday, August 15th, 13:00 EDT

First: 10. Power.  Money.  Throne.  Charm.  Lie brazenly.  Naturally!  ("naturally" reminds me of Abbot & Costello, Who's on first)

Second: 2. Played Mercilessly to crushing loss. Befitting noose! (fitting crush in their was great)

Third: 6. Preserve misplaced trust. Coin = largesse. Buy nobility. (keep up appearances)

Fourth: 3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis. (who is the nemesis?)

Honorable mention for #8 and #9. Consequences of dishonesty.

It was tough choosing.

1) 2. Played Mercilessly to crushing loss. Befitting noose!

2) 3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis.

3) 8. Primacy misleads. Totality cost. Liars befriend nobody. 

4) 4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities. 

1st.    4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities   I just love this one, sometimes I am so blind to possibilities

2nd.   3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis    My alternate entry used nemesis, so I love this one.

3rd.    1. Patience makes trout catching lord barely noticeable.   I also worked the patience angle.

4th.     2. Played Mercilessly to crushing loss. Befitting noose!   A prophecy ignored, I think!

A good game, everyone!  Congratulations to you all!  I have a long history of losing the lead in the last round, so I'm not holding my breath for a win.  :D

59 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I've almost done both but hesitate and waffle... when you have something like "look-alike" is it more appropriate to have it serve only an L or should it be an LA (or can it be both)?

I think it can be acceptable either way. Hyphens can turn me against an entry but look-alike seems perfectly reasonable to me. You often see it written without the hyphen, which I think is technically wrong but that just serves to point out the acceptability of it as one word.

I have more of a problem with symbols that are not punctuation  :leaving:

Archived