Acrophobia 24 - Be the Prophesier! and the winner is .... !

lil' ghost

I spent the day traveling to Kansas City for Worldcom, and had to nap when I got here because of getting up ridiculously early.  So I am astonished to see the results!  Thank you everyone for your support!

i thought we had extremely good entries every round, and I am so happy to see such strength from the ranks of the newcomers.  And I join in the chorus of praise for our great host, lil ghost!

i would say more, but I'm about to pass out!  Goodnight and gosh bless!

Congratulations, FB:D Well-played and well-done! :cheers:

I agree that it was a great game, and I also hope that our new players will stay with us.

Lil' ghost, thanks for hosting - you are indeed a wonderful host! :)

I was away from home and din't have proper network connection so, I couldn't vote for the last round.

@lil' ghost Thank you for organizing this wonderful game :wub: Looking forward to the next game.

Congrats @Fragile Bird , @Stoned Heart , @Julia H. :cheers:

On 8/16/2016 at 11:36 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

And to the newbies, including the runner-up, @Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer and @delspark, you were all excellent and I sincerely hope you will all continue to play the game :cheers:

That is so nice of you, Gabe:)

Special mention to other players for giving me a good competition :grouphug:

Congratulations all!  

@Fragile Bird, @Julia H., @Woofless, and @Dolorous Gabe....well done!  I really didn't think I stood a chance. 

@Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer, @delspark, @Lady Blizzardborn, @Howlin' Howland, @rocksniffer, @Emmit, @yomi, @Castellan  Thanks to all of you for the fun reads each round. 

I absolutely loved playing. Maybe I can host the next game if anyone is up for it. :cheers:

thanks for all the kind words y'all, but you make this game what it is! even though i never do well when i play, i can't wait to get back in it for a couple games, then i'm gonna sneak back in as host :ninja:

32 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

I absolutely loved playing. Maybe I can host the next game if anyone is up for it. :cheers:

if you want! i don't think anyone else has said anything about wanting to host or not

32 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

And a willing host as well!  :cheers:

If you build it, we will come  :D

2 minutes ago, lil' ghost said:

being the weirdo I am, I look back at the previous winners and Dolorous Gabe and Fragile Bird are tied with the most wins of Acrophobia with 4 each. Thought that was kinda cool / random.

I share no crown  unless I have to because someone else is too good to keep away.

51 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

Congratulations all!  

@Fragile Bird, @Julia H., @Woofless, and @Dolorous Gabe....well done!  I really didn't think I stood a chance. 

@Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer, @delspark, @Lady Blizzardborn, @Howlin' Howland, @rocksniffer, @Emmit, @yomi, @Castellan  Thanks to all of you for the fun reads each round. 

Congratulations to you as well. 

If you host a game, I will play. :)

1 hour ago, lil' ghost said:

being the weirdo I am, I look back at the previous winners and Dolorous Gabe and Fragile Bird are tied with the most wins of Acrophobia with 4 each. Thought that was kinda cool / random.

Awesome. But could you two maybe be a bit less awesome for a couple of games? :P

40 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Awesome. But could you two maybe be a bit less awesome for a couple of games? :P

I would be happy to oblige but a talented, pesky Bird keeps trying to take my crown and fly away with it.

Also, I will host a game sometime soon but it may end up being Acrophilia unless someone else does the one after the sniffer's game.

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I would be happy to oblige but a talented, pesky Bird keeps trying to take my crown and fly away with it.

Also, I will host a game sometime soon but it may end up being Acrophilia unless someone else does the one after the sniffer's game.

I may host a game after the kids get back in school. For the remaining weeks of summer though, I'm swamped.

22 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

And a willing host as well!  :cheers:

If you build it, we will come  :D

All we need now is a theme...

I was searching for old games, but only managed to find back to 18.  Then I got lost reading those. Recommended reading for those in need of a giggle. 

:D

14 minutes ago, Stoned Heart said:

All we need now is a theme...

I was searching for old games, but only managed to find back to 18.  Then I got lost reading those. Recommended reading for those in need of a giggle. 

:D

I, personally, loved the newspaper headlines theme and also especially enjoyed writing raven mail and themes describing characters in some way. 

6 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I, personally, loved the newspaper headlines theme and also especially enjoyed writing raven mail and themes describing characters in some way. 

That gave me an idea...which on reflection might make another game entirely.

But how about characters' Tweets? I know there was a thread of those somewhere, but it was free-form. With acros it could be very different, and we could maybe add the fun of hashtags (so long as the total is less than 140 characters). Just a crazy idea. *shrug*

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

Intriguing idea. Would it be tweets about something specifically? At a particular moment in the story? Or just a random tweet at any time, about anything?

I will back the tweet idea. Though I have never written a tweet before.

15 minutes ago, Emmit said:

I think it better be pretty specific. Not just "What would Tyrion tweet?" But rather "What did Tyrion tweet Shae after the Battle of Blackwater."

i like the idea of more specifics. but, also, it might be tough to do less that 140 characters based on letter, but then again, maybe not. it's quite an interesting idea. but, in the end, it's up to the host :)

Archived