Bond 25: No Time To Die

Rhom

23 minutes ago, Nictarion said:
26 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I want to watch The Night Manager again. That was so fun, even in the more over-the-top bits. Definitely a Bondian feel to his character in that one. I've not seen Madden other than Robb, so I can't really have an opinion on him as Bond.

Why? That’s all I’ve seen him in and I feel he’d be a good pick. He looks the part, and is a decent enough actor. 

You should check out Bodyguard, he did an excellent job there.  Hits Netflix on Oct. 24th.

4 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You should check out Bodyguard, he did an excellent job there.  Hits Netflix on Oct. 24th.

Agreed, and I suspect that is the reason his name is now being floated. Much more Bond-like role too

19 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm cool with this... but we're a couple of years away from filming the next Bond... a lot can happen between now and then... I'm reasonably confident that we'll hear other names before a decision is made...

I still think Hiddleson would kill it. 

Hiddleston would be amazing, I can seeing him channeling Roger Moore and injecting humor into the role.

We watched Skull Island the other day, and I was thinking through the whole thing that Hiddleson would be a great Bond. Or any spy for that matter. He was fantastic in Night Manager too. He's just got that charisma on screen that is fun to watch.

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Agreed, and I suspect that is the reason his name is now being floated. Much more Bond-like role too

It kind of makes me wonder if his agent recommended that project on him as an "unofficial" audition for the role (as many suspected The Night Manager was for Hiddleston). 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

They'll probably Bourne Supremacy her :(

22 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

WHY COULDNT THEY HABE DONE THIS FOR VESPA!

sorry my Eva Green love still makes me sad she wasn’t an ongoing character

Agreed on both.

I expect her to go the Tracy Draco route.

Does the return of Lea Seydoux mean they'll select a slightly older Bond?  Continuity for her character suggests that Bond is older, jaded and has walked away from MI6, and presumably gets drawn back to the service.

I was hoping that they would re-set the age of Bond to be slightly younger than portrayed in the past couple of films.  Not that Daniel Craig was really that old, but they wrote the character jumping very rapidly from a brand new 00 agent (CR and QoS) to an aged, broken down, joyless, jaded veteran (Skyfall and Spectre).

When they retained Judi Dench as M from Brosnan to Craig, there was a jarring lack of continuity for her as she selected Craig as a new 00 agent.  But that seems impossible to repeat that for Lea Seydoux because her entire character is that she's the woman an aged, jaded Bond has chosen over MI6.  It seems a stretch for her Bond to suddenly be younger and in the peak of his career, or even starting out in another reboot.  I guess we'll see.

My vote is still for Hiddlestone, especially if Idris Elba is no longer in the running.  Richard Madden is far too constipated to play Bond.

20 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Does the return of Lea Seydoux mean they'll select a slightly older Bond?  Continuity for her character suggests that Bond is older, jaded and has walked away from MI6, and presumably gets drawn back to the service.

I was hoping that they would re-set the age of Bond to be slightly younger than portrayed in the past couple of films.  Not that Daniel Craig was really that old, but they wrote the character jumping very rapidly from a brand new 00 agent (CR and QoS) to an aged, broken down, joyless, jaded veteran (Skyfall and Spectre).

When they retained Judi Dench as M from Brosnan to Craig, there was a jarring lack of continuity for her as she selected Craig as a new 00 agent.  But that seems impossible to repeat that for Lea Seydoux because her entire character is that she's the woman an aged, jaded Bond has chosen over MI6.  It seems a stretch for her Bond to suddenly be younger and in the peak of his career, or even starting out in another reboot.  I guess we'll see.

My vote is still for Hiddlestone, especially if Idris Elba is no longer in the running.  Richard Madden is far too constipated to play Bond.

Why does it matter? Craig is in Bond 25, and there’s no reason to assume she’ll survive the movie.  

3 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Bond. Jane Bond.

Not a fan of Seydoux for the role, and to be clear I don't think that is what they are actually going to do. But if they ever did introduce a female Bond, a recurring Bond girl (who maybe even ends up married, and thus really "Bond. Jane Bond....) who is tied into the secret service life somehow (think Jinx, but not terrible) taking up the mantle after James dies is probably one of the tidier ways to do so.

Regarding the next Bond candidates, Madden just added a Golden Globe nomination to his application so there is that to consider ;) (I actually thought he was very good in the Bodyguard but ymmv. He is certainly not Kitten Chops levels of bad :P

4 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Sorry, I overlooked that Craig is doing one more film. 

You scared me man! Craig is my favorite Bond, even though he only had one great Bond film (and it's arguably the greatest ever).

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Regarding the next Bond candidates, Madden just added a Golden Globe nomination to his application so there is that to consider ;) (I actually thought he was very good in the Bodyguard but ymmv. He is certainly not Kitten Chops levels of bad :P

Ewan McGregor could be a good candidate.

Archived