Bakker XLV: Optimal Tip-to-Tip Damnation (no TGO Spoilers)

lokisnow

16 minutes ago, Sci-2 said:

Ah, so we're talking about the Now of, say, insanely great experiences of sex or eating [or those insane pains that seem to go on forever] rather than an Einstein-esque Block Universe?

Yeah. Sex, food, mindfulness, it all makes you more more awake to the Now you inhabit, takes you out of your head to the is-ness or suchness of experience. In this universe it's very blissful. In the Outside, its suchness, is pain and horror. That's why Damnation is so horrifying. It's the very substance of existence having intentionality. Namely, the desire to hurt you.

4 minutes ago, Frey Filet said:

Would any of you kind souls be willing to provide links to the first 10 or so Bakker threads?  I've tried and tried using the search engine to no avail...:angry2:

@Madness had a list of all the threads at one point I believe.

I looked over on Second Apocalypse, but didn't see it.  Perhaps he can help out.

7 hours ago, Sci-2 said:

"Never-changing Now" seems to imply an infinite amount of linear time?

(It's this kind of thing that bleeds the horror of the setting out IMO. Too many metaphysical conjectures lumped together in a kind of weird salad.)

To me it's about as philosophical as 'A watched pot never boils'. That sense of timelessness.

I mean, you're over thinking it - who over thinks such a...oh, nm : http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/pressure

1 minute ago, Callan S. said:

Sounds like it could only be me that's missed something. Oh well.

You said something random about boiling pots and then linked to some random cartoon - hardly proof of comprehension.

Happy to say I missed something if you want to write another post that explains in clear terms what you're trying to say.

Have we recently talked about Onkhis being used by Shae seemingly as a synonym for the Darkness That Comes Before?:

But these were vain questions. They fell away as quickly as Onkhis offered them up, so flimsy were the concerns that moved them. All that mattered, the Ground’s only consequential thing, was what he had seen

10 hours ago, lokisnow said:

I have but my words went no where. Inrau basically thinks the same thing.

Hey, hey, I agreed and also put forth the idea that Ajokli is not quite a God but a companion to the Gods. Maybe, one of those souls that go on to become a Ciphrang. Basically, Ajokli is not working with the Gods, but has an agenda, ending damnation for his brethren (Nonmen). I started a thread at SA with actual evidence and stuff.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Hey, hey, I agreed and also put forth the idea that Ajokli is not quite a God but a companion to the Gods. Maybe, one of those souls that go on to become a Ciphrang. Basically, Ajokli is not working with the Gods, but has an agenda, ending damnation for his brethren (Nonmen). I started a thread at SA with actual evidence and stuff.

Link to this thread? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Tis true, I do like the idea that ajokli is an agency unto itself.

Archived