Roberts Kingsguard vs. Robb's personal guard

Oakhearts head

6 hours ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Yes, we do not have Lewyn's feats so it can get boring to discuss it... aerys kg were superior if we count 7 vs 7, that's for sure, because Robert did not choose the best (Horpe and Sandor(knighted) would be surperb aditions) LC Barristan; Prime Jaime; Sandor; Horpe; Mandon... heck this 5 alone would do it (Loras was still young and gregor and garlan wouldn´t want the job)...

If they had been on the Trident and ganged up on Bob he would be as good as dead yes, Dayne alone is at Robert's legendary level (despite having reach and strenght disadvantages; dawn might be as good as a warhammer but i wouldn't bet on it)... add more KG's and it would be sufficient... i guess Whent would propose a gang-up (smart tactic against a beast) but Dayne was too good and honorable to no fight 1v1

Darry is good but Trant is not as weak as the show portraits, Jaime acknowledges his quality despite being a little of a coward later on... Jaime had great technique but he was 15, as good as you can be an adulkt knight can just crush you... locking swors with SK (half the size of the mountain) is a great skill feat but far from telling that he could hang with bigger, stronger threats at the time... very, very far from his prime self imo

Fair point about Lewyn. I think though, that we might hear more about him if (maybe Fake) Aegon meets any Dornish envoy's.

Yeah, I think it would be a really interesting fight. Robert's KG vs Aerys, with say Blount replaced by Balon Swann, maybe and Horpe replacing Trant.

That's pretty much what I think Whent was getting at when he said his "woe to the usurper" line. Note he says "Woe to the usurper if we had been". He doesn't seem to be under the illusion that he alone could take Robert. That's what I read from it at least, but I could be wrong and he turns out to just be an arrogant sod.

At best, Trant is competent, but even so I don't think he would be able to last more than half a minute against any of Aerys KG.

Jaime was a superb swordsman at 15, but fair enough at that age he couldn't do the same to Sandor/Gregor/Robert/Dayne as he did to the Smiling Knight, and I don't dispute that GoT Jaime was far better than his rebellion era self.

Archived