SanSan next season?

18 minutes ago, Masha said:

It is amusing since he is trying to flirt with her, and she is having none of it. And he is doing it harmlessly (by making faces at her or eating meat meaningfully) as she either doesn't understand it or having stoically exasperated looks. 

I know the scene is for fun, and that's good in a show where there's a lot of death. What I didn't find funny is that people ship them when Brienne clearly doesn't like him and she is in love with another man. But I have no problem with Tormund. And I also think that Hyle had kind of a funny vibe in some of his interactions with Brienne too.

I think she understands it, but she doesn't like him.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I know the scene is for fun, and that's good in a show where there's a lot of death. What I didn't find funny is that people ship them when Brienne clearly doesn't like him and she is in love with another man. But I have no problem with Tormund. And I also think that Hyle had kind of a funny vibe in some of his interactions with Brienne too.

I actually don't think that Brianne will have a romantic ending. I think Tormund will die soon, and I feel that basically Brienne will be broken up about it because he will die fighting next to her and she will feel guilty over it. And then Jaime also probably going to die soon

19 minutes ago, Masha said:

It is amusing since he is trying to flirt with her, and she is having none of it. And he is doing it harmlessly (by making faces at her or eating meat meaningfully) as she either doesn't understand it or having stoically exasperated looks. 

Same here.

:lmao: 

I think I'm going to have to reevaluate the manner in which I've been eating meat my whole life. I don't think I've ever put much thought behind it before (aside from filling by stomach). Oh Tormund, if only you taught me this tactic sooner, courting my wife would have been much easier. ;) 

40 minutes ago, Masha said:

I actually don't think that Brianne will have a romantic ending. I think Tormund will die soon, and I feel that basically Brienne will be broken up about it because he will die fighting next to her and she will feel guilty over it. And then Jaime also probably going to die soon

I don't know the fates of the characters, but I don't see why Brienne should be particularly guilty for the death of Tormund because they haven't even shared a "hello" together.

Anyway, I'm not saying Brienne is heartless, but these two characters have not interacted alone.

26 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know the fates of the characters, but I don't see why Brienne should be particularly guilty of the death of Tormund because they haven't shared a "hello" together.

Anyway, I'm not saying brienne is heartless, but these two characters have not interacted.

As you say she shouldn't really, but Brienne's personality just shouts to me that she will feel that way, deserved or no. She will convince herself that she should have responded to his feelings or something.

3 minutes ago, Masha said:

As you say she shouldn't really, but Brienne's personality just shouts to me that she will feel that way, deserved or no. She will convince herself that she should have responded to his feelings or something.

Or maybe they won't meet again. Who knows. Tormund have never told her he finds her attractive, just two looks, they don't even know eachother; it's not as if they had had a friendship or anything and even if that was the case she shouldn't and won't be guilty for that. :huh:

23 minutes ago, Masha said:

Sort of how she felt guilty over leaving for dead, "the man" that was protecting Arya, and leaving her all alone to fend for herself? So guilty that she didn't even feel it necessary to mention this to Sansa. Why would she feel guilty about some random Wilding dying in a battle?

17 hours ago, Darkstream said:

Sort of how she felt guilty over leaving for dead, "the man" that was protecting Arya, and leaving her all alone to fend for herself? So guilty that she didn't even feel it necessary to mention this to Sansa. Why would she feel guilty about some random Wilding dying in a battle?

Because "the man" that was protecting Arya wasn't trying his best to woo her. She will feel guilty because she didn't bother responding to his feelings and nobody else, including Jaime, ever saw her attractive enough to fall heels over head over her

1 hour ago, Masha said:

Because "the man" that was protecting Arya wasn't trying his best to woo her. She will feel guilty because she didn't bother responding to his feelings and nobody else, including Jaime, ever saw her attractive enough to fall heels over head over her

Woo her? Why in Seven Hells should he woo her? Arya made it perfectly clear that she wasn't being held by him against her will, and wanted to stay with him, and didn't want anything to do with her. Besides, what was he supposed to do, pull out a chicken and eat it meaningfully at her.

If anything, being true to her character, Brienne would be suspicious of Tormund, and wondering what ulterior motives he had. She would never believe that he was attracted to her, or feel bad about not reciprocating his glances. That's just ridiculous, and would be completely out of character for her.

Of course, characters acting completely out of character is one of the defining traits of d$d's writing, so actually, I am surprised that she didn't throw herself at his feet, and grovel for his hand in marriage after seeing him chew his meat. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Masha said:

so if a woman is not attractive and the only guy she is not attracted to in any form, (looks, manners) wants to seduce her in the worst possible way she should feel guilty for not letting him seduce her?

We have two seasons to discover if Jaime hasn't seen her attractive enough to fall heels over her :)

1 hour ago, Darkstream said:

Woo her? Why in Seven Hells should he woo her? Arya made it perfectly clear that she wasn't being held by him against her will, and wanted to stay with him, and didn't want anything to do with her. Besides, what was he supposed to do, pull out a chicken and eat it meaningfully at her.

If anything, being true to her character, Brienne would be suspicious of Tormund, and wondering what ulterior motives he had. She would never believe that he was attracted to her, or feel bad about not reciprocating his glances. That's just ridiculous, and would be completely out of character for her.

Of course, characters acting completely out of character is one of the defining traits of d$d's writing, so actually, I am surprised that she didn't throw herself at his feet, and grovel for his hand in marriage after seeing him chew his meat. :rolleyes:

Brienne being suspicious of Tormund is a good point. Especially, considering ShowBrienne. However, my take was that she already knew that Tormund wanted to seduce her but she (obviously) didn't respond. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

so if a woman is not attractive and the only guy she is not attracted to in any form, (looks, manners) wants to seduce her in the worst possible way she should feel guilty for not letting him seduce her?

Excellent point, just because Brienne is not considered to be physically beautiful, it doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to choose who she wants to be with. She is neither obligated, nor does she  have a reason to even acknowledge Tormund googley eyes. That's like saying some girl being whistled at, walking past a construction site should feel bad if she doesn't stop and give out her phone number to the men whistling at her. And that's absurd.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Brienne being suspicious of Tormund is a good point. Especially, considering ShowBrienne. However, my take was that she already knew that Tormund wanted to seduce her but she (obviously) didn't respond. 

Yup, but I think this would make her even more suspicious of him, due to her experiences with Hyle Hunt and the rest of the men involved in the bet to see who could bed her first.

43 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Excellent point, just because Brienne is not considered to be physically beautiful, it doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to choose who she wants to be with. She is neither obligated, nor does she  have a reason to even acknowledge Tormund googley eyes. That's like saying some girl being whistled at, walking past a construction site should feel bad if she doesn't stop and give out her phone number to the men whistling at her. And that's absurd.

Yup, but I think this would make her even more suspicious of him, due to her experiences with Hyle Hunt and the rest of the men involved in the bet to see who could bed her first.

Excellent point! That's the perfect comparison

38 minutes ago, TheKnightOfJests said:

I'd personally like it if Tormund at least tried to talk to her, cause even if they don't get together, I'd hate to just be left hanging with it.

That's the main problem. If Tormund had been Brienne's best friend and had had a crush on her since a long time but it was only unrequited love would she feel guilty? I don't think she would, but we could argue that she could feel bad for him, because they are friends, and understands he is suffering (or has suffered and now has died).

But Tormund is not even her friend! He is a friend of Jon, and she doesn't even know Jon! It's Sansa's brother! I mean, Tormund and Brienne are less than acquaintances, and he is not her type. She clearly doesn't like his manners. I don't think there's much more to debate.

SanSan won't be a thing in the next season. Like what the others said, we only have 13 episodes left and we don't have time to develop between Sansa and Sandor. The next season will focus on Dany's clash in Westeros and the rise of the White Walkers. So since the Hound joined the BwB and they are going up North, they will fight the long winter.

Beside, things has changed with Sansa and Sandor. While Sandor has changed for the better, Sansa on the other hand. became more darker and less romantic. With all the shits Sansa endured, i doubt she won't be interest in having a romantic relationship anymore like she did.

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

SanSan won't be a thing in the next season. Like what the others said, we only have 13 episodes left and we don't have time to develop between Sansa and Sandor. The next season will focus on Dany's clash in Westeros and the rise of the White Walkers. So since the Hound joined the BwB and they are going up North, they will fight the long winter.

Beside, things has changed with Sansa and Sandor. While Sandor has changed for the better, Sansa on the other hand. became more darker and less romantic. With all the shits Sansa endured, i doubt she won't be interest in having a romantic relationship anymore like she did.

she will either try to get close to Jon or betray him or both. Sansa is a terrible character, lets be honest here. Something is wrong with her, because she has been tricked multiple times, part her own fault, she has become a dubious character, an unpredictable character. The only thing that i can see in her story going forward is the littlefinger factor. She will be used by him, and she will either be his downfall and rise to a character to root for or she will remain her old self, a tool with good results in hurting and destroying the starks.

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We have two seasons to discover if Jaime hasn't seen her attractive enough to fall heels over her :)

Yeah, that's plenty of time for them to get to the good parts of the Beauty and the Beast stories for J/B and SanSan. The payoff of all that hinting they've been doing. Each becomes more like the other, she more like him, he more like her, and they meet in the middle. This could actually be a nice bright spot next season, if they tell the stories well. :)

I clearly missed this budding romance in my readings, but why are people shipping this SanSan so hard?  

From what I remember Sandor just proved he wasn't a complete asshat in the early Sansa chapters.  After he leaves KL there are no memorable thoughts or mentions of Sansa in Arya's chapters. 

Inam rereading them now and am midway though SoS so I may have just forgotten or completely overlooked some Sansa or Sandor pining.  

2 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

I clearly missed this budding romance in my readings, but why are people shipping this SanSan so hard?  

From what I remember Sandor just proved he wasn't a complete asshat in the early Sansa chapters.  After he leaves KL there are no memorable thoughts or mentions of Sansa in Arya's chapters. 

Inam rereading them now and am midway though SoS so I may have just forgotten or completely overlooked some Sansa or Sandor pining.  

A lot of people seems to see SanSan as the "Beauty and Beast" type. A girl who is innocent and young, interact with a brooding man who has a trouble past and the girl gets to warm his heart to her.

Imo, an unhealthy relationship if you ask me.

18 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

A lot of people seems to see SanSan as the "Beauty and Beast" type. A girl who is innocent and young, interact with a brooding man who has a trouble past and the girl gets to warm his heart to her.

Imo, an unhealthy relationship if you ask me.

Maybe in Sansa's oft inaccurate mind, but I don't see or actually recall Sandor having much interest in her beyond his occasionally keeping her safe, and offering to get her out of kings landing.  

However, that offer after considering his plans for Arya seem less about saving the damsel and more about lining his pockets. 

Archived