The final! France - Portugal

Bit of a damp squib so far. Can't really blame Portugal to mainly play defensively since the loss of their main player, but France are not attacking with much incisiveness and I wouldn't be surprised if there's no goals in the second half.

29 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I don't think it was nasty. Payet went for the ball and won it first before he hit Ronaldo. It was partially Ronaldo's fault of doing his classic move of standing with a foot on the ball.

Yeah, wrong phrasing on my part. I didn't mean nasty in terms of malicious intend, more nasty in terms of "ouch, that really hurt".

Anyway, what the fuck is going on with all those moths pestering the stadion? Better grab a couple of Swiss shirts to divert their attention.

Anybody notice that one of the French players raised an arm to protect his face and the ball hit it? I'm not sure if he was inside the penalty area or not, but by the rules of the previous matches, that should have been either a penalty or a free kick from the edge of the box (though of course it was completely harmless).

Gignac's first touch, movement and finishing are rubbish, but I am quite enjoying Pepe bounce helplessly off him every time they clash.

50 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Anybody notice that one of the French players raised an arm to protect his face and the ball hit it? I'm not sure if he was inside the penalty area or not, but by the rules of the previous matches, that should have been either a penalty or a free kick from the edge of the box (though of course it was completely harmless).

I didn't see it, but I don't remember that being a penalty in any previous match?

Archived