The Ultimate Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

On 16.02.2018 at 7:41 PM, Cas Stark said:

Okay, just so I am clear.  GRRM has said that F/B 1, which was mostly written according to him in July, will be out late 2018 or early 2019, he says that F/B2, which has not been written yet, will come after Winds is published.  

This seems to indicate that the best case scenario for Winds of Winter is late 2019.  

I don't believe he will hit that window, but that seems to be the optimistic timeframe based on the most recent comments.

Did GRRM actually say that F&B is scheduled for late 2018? If so, then there is no way TWoW comes out this year.

1 hour ago, Kandrax said:

Both Winds and Dream will have 1500 pages, right?

GRRM said something along those lines many years ago. He also thought he would finish ADWD in 2006. He also thought Winds would be finished in October 2015. And then in December 2015.

Words are wind. Nothing is certain at this point. Not even whether there will be two more books. 

2 hours ago, Tianzi said:

I also remember him saying that every other projects except Wild Cards would be on hold until TWOW is out. Shouldn't that include F&B?

You'll get people saying he wrote around 300,000 words of F&B in 2012 and that only a portion of those words were used in The World of Ice and Fire.

My question to that is if it was mostly written in 2012, why wasn't it published sometime between then and now? And the likely answer is that he did continue to write and change things about it, probably to a decent extent. So in the end, yes, he was working on other projects. And yes, he didn't hold true to not writing anything other than Winds.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is ominous...: https://grrm.livejournal.com/564326.html

All's good, boys and girls... lots of exciting things going on.

LOTS of exciting things.

Maybe too many. I am buried in work, so much that it is starting to overwhelm me. Even with my army of loyal minions.

Which might be promising. However it's tagged with "editing, television and film, writing ". So looks like WOW is on the backburner (or no-burner) again.

1 hour ago, mzso said:

Which might be promising. However it's tagged with "editing, television and film, writing ". So looks like WOW is on the backburner (or no-burner) again.

Hold tight, friend. He is working to get some of those monkeys off his back :D

Editing:  F&B1, and Wild Cards (of course)

TV:  5 GOT successor shows, whatever he's doing to get the Wild Cards show(s) off the ground, that "Who Fears Death?" show, and whatever unnamed projects he's involved in that he hasn't named yet.

Writing:  Whatever is left of F&B1..and I'm sure Winds factors in there somewhere.  

Ever since he started turning off comments on most posts back in July, he hasn't blogged very much.  Only 6 posts in all of Feb.  So it's not like it was eating up a lot of his time.  I don't think he's really gonna "step back" for very long either...no freakin way he manages to go even a month without making posts about Hugo's and Wild Cards.  Especially not with Hugo nominations in full swing right now.  

9 hours ago, mzso said:

Doesn’t really mean Winds is or is t on the back burner at all. Just mean his schedule is very busy right now - that may or may not include writing Winds, and even if it does, there is no indication in this post how much of Winds is already written. It was worth sharing, I’m not saying it wasn’t, but it doesn’t tell us anything regarding his progress one way or the other

eta: only made this post because people on this forum tend to blow everything out of proportion and then get pissy when their expectations are let down as though GRRM led them on when it’s usually a case of them jumping to conclusions...anyone recall 12 days of Westeros? Yikes, talk about an overreaction to a bit of fun. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Doesn’t really mean Winds is or is t on the back burner at all. Just mean his schedule is very busy right now - that may or may not include writing Winds, and even if it does, there is no indication in this post how much of Winds is already written. It was worth sharing, I’m not saying it wasn’t, but it doesn’t tell us anything regarding his progress one way or the other

eta: only made this post because people on this forum tend to blow everything out of proportion and then get pissy when their expectations are let down as though GRRM led them on when it’s usually a case of them jumping to conclusions...anyone recall 12 days of Westeros? Yikes, talk about an overreaction to a bit of fun. 

One would need to be a wild optimist not to see his several recent posts and tweets, that either don't mention Winds at all or mention it as after thought, combined with his now discarded plan of not starting anything new until Winds was finished--instead he has started numerous new endeavors--as anything but ominous, if you are a person who cares about ASOIAF, and not Wild Cards, not Fire/Blood, not other TV shows, not any of the other projects that he is now becoming overwhelmed by.  

I find that post to be the equivalent of swearing off the Internets, something most people do from time to time.  Add his little stressed icon at the end of the post and well, it seems a good bet that if he is finding the Interwebs themselves to be a stress, it's probably a good idea he that he does take a break from that Not A Blogging.  I'll be interested to see if he keeps his word on it.........as most people don't.  Then again, maybe he's kind of grown out of the format of the site he posts on, could be that. 

On 2018. 03. 06. at 3:38 AM, Ser Wun Wun said:

Editing:  F&B1, and Wild Cards (of course)

TV:  5 GOT successor shows, whatever he's doing to get the Wild Cards show(s) off the ground, that "Who Fears Death?" show, and whatever unnamed projects he's involved in that he hasn't named yet.

Writing:  Whatever is left of F&B1..and I'm sure Winds factors in there somewhere.  

Ever since he started turning off comments on most posts back in July, he hasn't blogged very much.  Only 6 posts in all of Feb.  So it's not like it was eating up a lot of his time.  I don't think he's really gonna "step back" for very long either...no freakin way he manages to go even a month without making posts about Hugo's and Wild Cards.  Especially not with Hugo nominations in full swing right now.  

Cool! This is pretty informative.

On 2018. 03. 06. at 11:56 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Reading between the lines it does. With that many stuff he's dealing with not much can be left for TWOW.

On 2018. 03. 06. at 11:56 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

people on this forum tend to blow everything out of proportion and then get pissy when their expectations are let down as though GRRM led them on when it’s usually a case of them jumping to conclusions

You mean like jumping to the conclusion that you'd get to read ADWD next year based on this? :P

"Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons" ?

On 2018. 03. 06. at 2:55 PM, Cas Stark said:

One would need to be a wild optimist not to see his several recent posts and tweets, that either don't mention Winds at all or mention it as after thought, combined with his now discarded plan of not starting anything new until Winds was finished--instead he has started numerous new endeavors--as anything but ominous, if you are a person who cares about ASOIAF, and not Wild Cards, not Fire/Blood, not other TV shows, not any of the other projects that he is now becoming overwhelmed by.  

Unless he actually finished TWOW and submitted it to the publisher and that's why he's involved in so many things. :D
(Fat chance... But, one can dream.)

On 2018. 03. 07. at 9:49 PM, DaveSumm said:

Doesn’t that imply....things? I forget.

Only the trees remember. :)

Archived